PlayStation moving Hard into Cloud gaming

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yet ANOTHER big Cloud gaming service bites the dust. Btw this is one of the companies that signed a 10 year deal with Microsoft. It definitely won’t be the last to die. I told you guys, anything Xbox is doing, Sony should stay FAR AWAY from. You guys still believe “Sony HAS TO DO IT!!!” 🤦‍♂️

its unclear but they are giving everyone refunds who bought their lifetime memberships in advance 👀 similar to Stadia. I don’t know why they’d give money back if it was just the beta ending. They’re big for cloud standards, which is why msft made a deal with them
Would be interesting if it was a shell corp spun up by MS so they could make "deals" with "competing cloud services" and now their function is done they're no longer needed lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Would be interesting if it was a shell corp spun up by MS so they could make "deals" with "competing cloud services" and now their function is done they're no longer needed lol
It’s been around for over 3 years, I doubt the idiots at Microsoft had that kind of foresight

• they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: Umar and Shmunter

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Yet ANOTHER big Cloud gaming service bites the dust. Btw this is one of the companies that signed a 10 year deal with Microsoft. It definitely won’t be the last to die. I told you guys, anything Xbox is doing, Sony should stay FAR AWAY from. You guys still believe “Sony HAS TO DO IT!!!” 🤦‍♂️

I would hardly call a gaming service 99.99% of gamers on the entire planet have never heard of “ big”. This company failing is no indication that Sony would also fail.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

The way that tweet is worded is not clear at all what they are doing... Are they shutting down the beta and moving on to the next phase, which would be the full release?

It leaves it open to interpretation and isn't even clear in the slightest.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The way that tweet is worded is not clear at all what they are doing... Are they shutting down the beta and moving on to the next phase, which would be the full release?

It leaves it open to interpretation and isn't even clear in the slightest.
look at my other post, they're giving out refunds for people who bought the lifetime membership. Why give refunds if it's just the beta ending ?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
look at my other post, they're giving out refunds for people who bought the lifetime membership. Why give refunds if it's just the beta ending ?
I dunno, they may be changing the terms of service and it may require a new subscription?

It's just weird why they say "beta phase" and "We're excited to have you join us for the next phase of our journey"... That doesn't sound like the end of it.

But of course, they should have also stated what the next phase is... So while I agree that it's likely the end.. it's stupidly worded and ambiguous as to what is going to happen next.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I dunno, they may be changing the terms of service and it may require a new subscription?

It's just weird why they say "beta phase" and "We're excited to have you join us for the next phase of our journey"... That doesn't sound like the end of it.

But of course, they should have also stated what the next phase is... So while I agree that it's likely the end.. it's stupidly worded and ambiguous as to what is going to happen next.
we'll see

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
It must be doable somehow. People chop up console hardware and make "handheld ps2's" etc, some can even take discs if I recall correctly. A regular PS2 would have had a plug socket to run, the handheld not so. There's cut down versions of PS3 OS over PS+, don't tell me Sony can't do something to PS4 Portable standard. It's ridiculous, especially in the face of half-products like VitaTV, Project Q and whatever they called that steaming-fan for phone.

I'd just like to say I've spent 40mins on the bus hopping between PS Remote Play and PSPlay, and I might have gotten 5 mins on tetris effect connected, where it was too slow to properly respond quick, or see through some pixelations. Fucking tetris.

Like that PS2 handheld above, do a native handheld with downloadable games onto storage. FUCK STREAMING / REMOTE PLAY ONLY.

UK Internet isn't strong enough for it.

Personally I don't think it matters how much Sony improve their service if the infrastructure isn't there yet.

Reactions: JAHGamer

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
big for CLOUD STANDARDS
Still not big. Who has been big in cloud gaming or will be big is Nvidia, Microsoft, Amazon, tencent, Sony, stadia, ubi with the lastest deal. This corporation no one has heard of before. They have no gaming footprint at all. We barely new they existed. U are not a player in cloud if you have no content, no hardware, no infrastructure. You are just a startup farming investment with an idea.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
So I just got a free six months of Geforce Now Ultimate through ATT. Tried it on my Shield TV over WIFI at 4k60. Was damn near flawless. If Sony's solution is like this then wow. This could be a big deal for them.