PlayStation moving Hard into Cloud gaming

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Porra!

Come on Jim, compete!
The price of the PS5 is dropping here too, but so are the prices of these new GPUs, as far as PC parts go it's probably the best they ever were since the PS5 has been in the market.

I think the price of the PS5 is fine but I disagree with their assumption that PS5 players won't be swayed by PC, Sony acts like they don't directly compete with PC. Last gen, If I remember correctly they pointed to PC as one of the reasons they made the PS4 Pro, now all of the sudden PC is not seen as a competitor platform anymore.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The price of the PS5 is dropping here too, but so are the prices of these new GPUs, as far as PC parts go it's probably the best they ever were since the PS5 has been in the market.

I think the price of the PS5 is fine but I disagree with their assumption that PS5 players won't be swayed by PC, Sony acts like they don't directly compete with PC. Last gen, If I remember correctly they pointed to PC as one of the reasons they made the PS4 Pro, now all of the sudden PC is not seen as a competitor platform anymore.

Agree with you 100%.

PC is a competitor no matter what they assume at PlayStation. Assuming PC will not cut into PlayStations userbase is massive hubris, pure arrogance.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
For stating facts?
They Def implants from the other camp. The shit they say is asanine, revisionist, hating bs. There's about three of them around here lol
Implants??? I’ve probably been a real PlayStation fan longer than anyone on this forum. That’s why I hate to see what it’s becoming. If you’re praising PlayStation for all the same horrible moves that Xbox has been making, then ask yourselves, who’s really the plant?!?!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
For stating facts?

Implants??? I’ve probably been a real PlayStation fan longer than anyone on this forum. That’s why I hate to see what it’s becoming. If you’re praising PlayStation for all the same horrible moves that Xbox has been making, then ask yourselves, who’s really the plant?!?!
Jim Ryan apologist are the ones that look like implants.

Doomer seem to hate Xbox more than anything and don't want PlayStation to turn into Xbox. While the Jim Ryan apologist will praise PlayStation for doing the same things that got Xbox where it is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For stating facts?

Looks at who liked your comment, typical 😂

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Jim Ryan apologist are the ones that look like implants.

Doomer seem to hate Xbox more than anything and don't want PlayStation to turn into Xbox. While the Jim Ryan apologist will praise PlayStation for doing the same things that got Xbox where it is.
Exactly, roasting Xbox for x, y, z and then turning around and praising PlayStation for the same thing. I’ll never understand it.
Another true PlayStation fan it seems

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Me? If MS is paying me I must be the worst shill ever because nobody shits on Xbox as much as I do.

The fact that I don't have such low expectations like you do don't make me an Xbot, if anything having low expectation or expectation that fit whatever they end up getting is their typical behavior.

You are a big Jim Ryan fan and I'm not, it's ok.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Me? If MS is paying me I must be the worst shill ever because nobody shits on Xbox as much as I do.

The fact that I don't have such low expectations like you do don't make me an Xbot, if anything having low expectation or expectation that fit whatever they end up getting is their typical behavior.

You are a big Jim Ryan fan and I'm not, it's ok.
I actually don't like Ryan, I've stated it before. But I don't cry over every move especially when Sony was the one to start streaming on these consoles. You guys change history as if they are following, no they were the leaders. Stop crying over every bs it's annoying.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
  • PS5 is on track to become again the fastest selling PS console very soon
  • Their division is making record revenue for any console maker in gaming history
  • Their division is making record profit for any high end console makers, and in a few years maybe also more than Nintendo, too (whenever Sony decides to make a pause of making huge investments in every area)
  • They have record player engagement in the console and social media
  • They have record ARPU
  • They have record MAU, according to MS doubling the Xbox MAU
  • The most recent games with Sony of Quantic Dream, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Sony Santa Monica, Bluepoint, Guerrilla, Polyphony, Kojima already are, or are in track to be, the best selling or fastest selling games in the history of their studio and their franchise
  • They are also winning more awards than they ever did before, with TLOU2 they even broke the record of the biggest amount of GOTY awards for a game in gaming history
  • Record amount of game subbers for any console maker
  • Record amount game subs revenue for any console maker
  • Record accesory revenue
  • PC yearly revenue multi year growth with a 133% CAGR, growing their fanbase
  • Multiple movie or tv show adaptations being big hits, growing their fanbase

In typical sycophant fashion, none of these actually shows Sony doing better for gamers, but rather provides a great outlook for shareholders.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I actually don't like Ryan, I've stated it before. But I don't cry over every move especially when Sony was the one to start streaming on these consoles. You guys change history as if they are following, no they were the leaders. Stop crying over every bs it's annoying.
Another crying baby. Grow a pair and stop bullshitting and crying every move, it's annoying asf.
Seems like you are annoyed by everything, it's annoying asf.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
In typical sycophant fashion, none of these actually shows Sony doing better for gamers, but rather provides a great outlook for shareholders.

What are you even talking about? lol. The only reason that the user you are replying to can make a list like that is because "gamers" enjoy Sony's current output.

Reactions: AngryRobotBees

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Another crying baby. Grow a pair and stop bullshitting and crying every move, it's annoying asf.
Fair and valid criticism is crying, bullshitting, and annoying? Calm down, either rebuttal properly or keep it moving! You sound like the crybaby getting mad at other peoples opinions. This is what I mean, PS community slowly becoming Xbox community 2.0.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Agree with you 100%.

PC is a competitor no matter what they assume at PlayStation. Assuming PC will not cut into PlayStations userbase is massive hubris, pure arrogance.
How can it not cut into PS userbase? I never liked it when XB put their games on PC either. Sony are now sacrificing fomo hype/console sale, to people who'll eventually get the game cheaper than retail price, but with Deck and others having portability and XB/PC games, and mods/emulation to compensate for that 6 months - 2 year wait.

Eventually, why does one need a PS6? Serious question? I've always thought Jim was a short sighted MF'er who'll eventually golden parachute out, and I don't mean cause he wears glasses sometimes.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
How can it not cut into PS userbase? I never liked it when XB put their games on PC either. Sony are now sacrificing fomo hype/console sale, to people who'll eventually get the game cheaper than retail price, but with Deck and others having portability and XB/PC games, and mods/emulation to compensate for that 6 months - 2 year wait.

Eventually, why does one need a PS6? Serious question? I've always thought Jim was a short sighted MF'er who'll eventually golden parachute out, and I don't mean cause he wears glasses sometimes.
Yeah as someone who owned every PlayStation, psp/vita, psvr1, and now PSVR2, PS Plus subscriber for 8+ years, and bought almost every single first party games day 1 full price, I see no reason to buy a PS6 if Sony continues down this route. For some reason Jim/Hermen would rather have someone that buys the occasional port instead of someone actually invested in the platform.

Anyone saying there's no overlap is deluding themselves themselves, it's not 2010 anymore, PC is more mainstream and accessible than ever. PC gaming is just as straightforward as console gaming with much more options to make it even better.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
What are you even talking about? lol. The only reason that the user you are replying to can make a list like that is because "gamers" enjoy Sony's current output.

Gamers enjoy a PlayStation that picked up steam with the PS4. Current decisions will change that, and the argument is precisely that no matter how good financial results may be, they are failing to provide gamers with games.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Gamers enjoy a PlayStation that picked up steam with the PS4. Current decisions will change that, and the argument is precisely that no matter how good financial results may be, they are failing to provide gamers with games.

Ahh......true gamers like yourself are gamers who like a version of PlayStation that only started to kick into gear in the PS4 era (PS1-PS3 are irrelevant) :rolleyes:

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ahh......true gamers like yourself are gamers who like a version of PlayStation that only started to kick into gear in the PS4 era (PS1-PS3 are irrelevant) :rolleyes:

I owned every single Playstation console minus the Vita, ou muppet.

And since I need to fucking spell it out, I'm talking about these financial metrics being the direct consequence of the PS4 generation.