PlayStation Plus: opinions, game suggestions, whishes for the future and news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Hey I just want everyones opinion, it just went live here and I see Premium is on some random games...

Is Extra the best value or should I go Premium?

What has been your experience so far?

I'm on Premium. So far so good. Playing Ape Escape on PS1.

Damn there's so many games it's hard to choose what to play.

If you aren't into the Classic games and Game Trials just stick to Extra.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm on Premium. So far so good. Playing Ape Escape on PS1.

Damn there's so many games it's hard to choose what to play.

If you aren't into the Classic games and Game Trials just stick to Extra.

Could I upgrade to extra...check it out and if I decide I need more, upgrade again later to Premium?

I think that seems like a logical path.

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
Hey I just want everyones opinion, it just went live here and I see Premium is on some random games...

Hmmmm, it depends.

The offering of PS3 streaming titles only seems interesting to me in the sense that it features various forgotten gems from the PS3 library (including Heavenly Sword, Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle, Rain, Echochrome, When Vikings Attack!, Genji: Days of the Blade, Afrika, Eat Them!, Trash Panic, Linger in Shadows or several PixelJunk games), because if you're going into it looking for more well-known mainstream titles, you probably won't find much else other than Red Dead Redemption, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Resistance 3, the God of War HD Collection, MotorStorm: Apocalypse or a truckload of Ratchet & Clank games.

The PS1 classics are super limited (the few games that standout are Intelligent Qube, Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Syphon Filter and maybe Tekken 2 and Jumping Flash) and not a worth making the jump into the Premium tier. The only reason I'd seriously consider going for the highest tier is that the majority of titles that were remastered/remade for the PS4 generation have all been locked down to this tier (and this is where you'll find Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, WipEout Omega Collection, BioShock: The Collection, Mafia I & II Definitive Editions, Batman: Return to Arkham, Crysis Remastered or the LocoRoco and Patapon remasters).

So I'd say it all comes down to whether you're interested in revisiting some (mostly niche) titles from the PS3 generation via streaming or have an interest in, say, checking out the Mafia remake. Other than that, I would simply stick to Extra, unless spending $20/year under the promise of having some PS1/PSP favorites of yours arriving to the service down the road is a risk you consider worth taking given that, again, we're only talking about $20 more than the Extra tier.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm on Essential right now but plan to upgrade to Extra, at the minimum, once Stray gets added in July.

• fire

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah, I think Stray will pull a lot of people in.
200.gif

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

I got Premium automatically but the difference is so small I would just pay for Premium so you have access to trials, streaming and whatever they add later.
Mmmm you're here already little fishy 😍

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I got Premium automatically but the difference is so small I would just pay for Premium so you have access to trials, streaming and whatever they add later.

Mmmm you're here already little fishy 😍

Good point... I noticed some PS4 games like FarCry4 are randomly part of Premium and not extra, kinda confusing!

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I'm sticking to Essential. It would cost me 120€ to upgrade to Premium and 80€ for Extra for the remaining 726 days I have left for my current subscription. While both is still pretty cheap, I prefer to own my games and it would probably cost me less to buy the few games I'm interested in.

Adding a Crunchyroll subscription would have made me upgrade.

• fire

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm sticking to Essential. It would cost me 120€ to upgrade to Premium and 80€ for Extra for the remaining 726 days I have left for my current subscription. While both is still pretty cheap, I prefer to own my games and it would probably cost me less to buy the few games I'm interested in.

it costs me 150€ for remaining over 2200 days if i want Premium.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Yeah, I mean Gamepass was including free Crunchyroll for ages and Sony owns it.....

It would really have made it a more appealing deal.

Reactions: arvfab

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Classic games are Pal in Europe.... unfortunate but expected.

Mystic video on European rollout.

Status
Not open for further replies.