PlayStation Plus: opinions, game suggestions, whishes for the future and news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
They did remove its hardware based PS2 BC in PS3 in newer SKUs because it was too expensive. PS4 and PS5 aren't BC with PS3 because it's impossible according to the dev of the main PS3 emulator and a Sony ICE Team & Insomniac engine programmer from the PS3 age. PS5 is full BC with PS4. PS4 and PS5 are now becoming BC with digital PS1 and PSP games, even if with a limited amount of games that over time will grow, like in Xbox.
Whilst it's nice to finally see something finally with PS+ rebranding, they could have flipped that toggle for more games early in PS4 gen, the PS1, PS2, PSP emulator wrapper that existed, or like the Parappa game on PS4 was the PSP game. Through some mod I got the PSTV to post unsupported games like Uncharted Golden Abyss to whitelist to the TV. More games couldn't have beem given the Tearaway glow-up to the main console?

I agree with you but the idea of give them time it'll come truely grates, its already supposed to have been here. PS4 was launched with the promise of full BC through Gaikai, and it feels like they've done the absolute bare minimum possible.

Reactions: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Deliver us the Moon just came out today on PS5 and it's on PS Plus. I'm downloading it for later.

PS Plus day 1 baybee ! ❤

Could you please give us some feedback about the game? Been wanting to play, but I want to buy it.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Whilst it's nice to finally see something finally with PS+ rebranding, they could have flipped that toggle for more games early in PS4 gen, the PS1, PS2, PSP emulator wrapper that existed, or like the Parappa game on PS4 was the PSP game. Through some mod I got the PSTV to post unsupported games like Uncharted Golden Abyss to whitelist to the TV. More games couldn't have beem given the Tearaway glow-up to the main console?

I agree with you but the idea of give them time it'll come truely grates, its already supposed to have been here. PS4 was launched with the promise of full BC through Gaikai, and it feels like they've done the absolute bare minimum possible.
As I remember in addition to Tearaway other games like Gravity Rush and (inside Wipeout Omega Collection) Wipeout 2048 got remastered for PS4 (they all 3 are in PS+ now btw). From PSP, in addition to Parappa they also remastered for PS4 as I remember Loco Roco, Locoroco 2, Pataton and Patapon 2.

With Gaikai they didn't promise full BC, they said that their long term plan (not for next week) was to have games from all generations of PlayStation on PS consoles, PCs, smartphones, tablets and smart tvs via cloud gaming service in the future. We're almost there. Now they have there PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, (remastered) Vita games and soon PS5 games in the cloud gaming. They are also working on bringing it to smartphones, tablets and smart tvs, had related patents and job offers. It's just a matter of time.

The new service means they had to do a ton of work and a ton of paperwork, at launch they have around 800 games and they'll add more every month. They are working on it, be patient.

P.S.: Uncharted Golden Abyss had a minigame where you had to use the camera, pointing it to a light to see something in a map. And as I remember it also did use the back touhpad. How did it work on PSTV?

• brain
Reactions: ksdixon

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
I don’t know what the general take is here yet (will be reading), but I quite like the new PS+. I’m not really so much interested in GamePass alternatives as just wanting to play old PS games in the easiest manner possible. It’d almost be nice if Sony had a cheapo tier just for that, because it’s a bit pricey even as a yearly batch sum, if that’s all you want.

I think if you’re all in though, you want the streaming, you want the selection of PS4 and PS5 games, the retro, it’s compelling.

We do need bigger PS1 hits, though. There’s some solid stuff in the first batch, but not heavy hitters that made the system, like Ridge Racer, Wipeout, or Silent Hill.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I don’t know what the general take is here yet (will be reading), but I quite like the new PS+. I’m not really so much interested in GamePass alternatives as just wanting to play old PS games in the easiest manner possible. It’d almost be nice if Sony had a cheapo tier just for that, because it’s a bit pricey even as a yearly batch sum, if that’s all you want.

I think if you’re all in though, you want the streaming, you want the selection of PS4 and PS5 games, the retro, it’s compelling.

We do need bigger PS1 hits, though. There’s some solid stuff in the first batch, but not heavy hitters that made the system, like Ridge Racer, Wipeout, or Silent Hill.

Definitely and I am kinda surprised that the MGS games are not in there..... there were collections, there were remasters and GOTY editions!

We should easily be able to play through all of the series in such a service IMO

Reactions: Obi-Wan

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
P.S.: Uncharted Golden Abyss had a minigame where you had to use the camera, pointing it to a light to see something in a map. And as I remember it also did use the back touhpad. How did it work on PSTV?
I'll be honest I sold my Vita at some point shortly after going through the hack process. Can't remember what ex-fiance and I needed money for at the time. But I saw Assassin's Creed Rouge Remastered, Tearaway Unfolded get glow-ups and I naturally assumed UC:GA was an easy lay-up, even if Bend converted it themselves rather than ND. So it seemed a somewhat safe calculated risk. I just remember the whole thing being a clusterfuck and a wasted opportunity for Sony. I frequently think Sony has the puzzle pieces and never fully puts the picture together, for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
I'll be honest I sold my Vita at some point shortly after going through the hack process. Can't remember what ex-fiance and I needed money for at the time. But I saw Assassin's Creed Rouge Remastered, Tearaway Unfolded get glow-ups and I naturally assumed UC:GA was an easy lay-up, even if Bend converted it themselves rather than ND. So it seemed a somewhat safe calculated risk. I just remember the whole thing being a clusterfuck and a wasted opportunity for Sony. I frequently think Sony has the puzzle pieces and never fully puts the picture together, for some unknown reason.
Golden Abyss was a lot of fun. For some reason the ending boss fight reminded me a lot of the Lion King battle between Scar and Simba. I wish they had included it in the last Uncharted collection!!! Like you had 1 job Sony.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Golden Abyss was a lot of fun. For some reason the ending boss fight reminded me a lot of the Lion King battle between Scar and Simba. I wish they had included it in the last Uncharted collection!!! Like you had 1 job Sony.

Never played it and you'd think it would be a 'no-brainer' to port it and maybe upgrade the graphics....

I'd jump on that.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
With Gaikai they didn't promise full BC, they said that their long term plan (not for next week) was to have games from all generations of PlayStation on PS consoles, PCs, smartphones, tablets and smart tvs via cloud gaming service in the future. We're almost there. Now they have there PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, (remastered) Vita games and soon PS5 games in the cloud gaming. They are also working on bringing it to smartphones, tablets and smart tvs, had related patents and job offers. It's just a matter of time.

The new service means they had to do a ton of work and a ton of paperwork, at launch they have around 800 games and they'll add more every month. They are working on it, be patient.
Admittedly I haven't gone back to... the PS Meeting before PS4 reveal, I think it was? Or was it perhaps part of that blowout PS4 announcement. But either way isn't that splitting hairs with the wording, the context or intention was selling the idea of all your games on gaikai. I know they do kinda have that for streaming, and are starting-over with BC, and even better in the rebranded PS+. Maybe I'm the one splitting hairs? I dunno, I just kind-of thought GP would force their hand when it arrived, and they'd flip the toggle for the already existing emulators on the back end, and stuff PStore/PSNow at the time with purchaseable/downloadable/streamable versions of loads of games. Not for any great threat to Sony, per sai, but as a proof of concept towards the importance of BC/easy (re)-monetization. Sony's already got new IP/AAA Blockbuster type games, big IP deals on lock, but I don't want that at the expense of a rounded offering.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Admittedly I haven't gone back to... the PS Meeting before PS4 reveal, I think it was? Or was it perhaps part of that blowout PS4 announcement. But either way isn't that splitting hairs with the wording, the context or intention was selling the idea of all your games on gaikai. I know they do kinda have that for streaming, and are starting-over with BC, and even better in the rebranded PS+. Maybe I'm the one splitting hairs? I dunno, I just kind-of thought GP would force their hand when it arrived, and they'd flip the toggle for the already existing emulators on the back end, and stuff PStore/PSNow at the time with purchaseable/downloadable/streamable versions of loads of games. Not for any great threat to Sony, per sai, but as a proof of concept towards the importance of BC/easy (re)-monetization. Sony's already got new IP/AAA Blockbuster type games, big IP deals on lock, but I don't want that at the expense of a rounded offering.
Maybe was that event, I think it was in another one previous to that one, just after they bought Gaikai. When PS Now didn't even have a name. They were explaining the concept of the service and their long term vision.

They were going to start playing PS3 games on PS4 via cloud gaming, and then in the long term they mentioned to bring it to Vita, pcs, smartphones, tablets and tvs and to expand its library from PS3 to every generation in PS history. That was their long term plan and vision, many years before GP existed.

GP has like half the game subs than PS Plus, which had way less $1 or free promotions. Sony makes way more money than MS from game subs, and game subs (and with the new PS+ the difference will be bigger) are a very small part of Sony's revenue. GP didn't force anything.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm going to put my game list here so I can go back and edit it 😁

The big ones were already advertised (Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Demons Souls, Death Stranding, RDR2, Miles Morales, NBA2k22, Guardians of the Galaxy etc) but I also found a couple of gems.

- MATTERFALL by Housemarque. It's like Returnal in 2D. Also HOLLOW KNIGHT and DEAD CELLS are available if you like that style.

- Deliver Us The Moon PS5 version Day 1 on PS+

- TRIALS RISING from UBI is awesome and there is also a similar indie game called DESCENDERS

- OBSERVER SYSTEM REDUX
- SHADOW WARRIOR 2 and 3
- THE SURGE 1 and 2
- TETRIS EFFECT CONNECTED
- WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY
- WONDERFUL 101 REMASTERED
- YS VIII DANA
- YS IX MONSTRUM NOX
- MAFIA DEFINITIVE EDITION
- BATMAN RETURN TO ARKHAM EDITION
- WIPEOUT OMEGA COLLECTION
- Death End Re;quest 1 and 2, horror JRPG

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Could you please give us some feedback about the game? Been wanting to play, but I want to buy it.
Sorry I just played Deliver Us The Moon for like 30 minutes 😅
but I can tell you it's a point-and-click adventure game. You're walking around looking at stuff and reading.

I played until I launched a shuttle. I'm not sure if the gameplay will change later but right now it's like an old school Sierra adventure game. Linear and slow gameplay. Let us know if you like that.

I might go back to it later, I'll keep it on my list 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.