#PlayStation PORTAL is already SOLD OUT in every Japanese outlet

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
huh......I thought this was only available on PlayStation Direct...

Edit:
nvm.......I see it was made available to retailers for preorder today.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Okay, lets see how this plays out.... I'm really interested to see if this is genuine or misunderstanding of what the device can do.

Or is there a genuine niche for it. How many are these stores stocking?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I preordered in the UK as soon as it went up, but had to cancel as i'm not gonna be around the UK in november..

Hopefully it doesn't sellout in the UK by the time i try to get it in december and scalpers start activating. :cry:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
"who's it for"
"i don't get it"
"they should've made a PSP3"

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If this was a genuine portable, with supported software ( PS4/PS5 software ) Then Japanese charts would look better for PS and PS software sales would be alot more. They love portables, simple

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
This could be a big win for the crowd that loves a new gadget regardless of how useful it is. Those people do exist.

Since the release of the Switch there has always been the ones who say they have zero intention of bringing the device outside their home. I imagine that mentality runs deep with a certain type of consumer.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This could be a big win for the crowd that loves a new gadget regardless of how useful it is. Those people do exist.

Since the release of the Switch there has always been the ones who say they have zero intention of bringing the device outside their home. I imagine that mentality runs deep with a certain type of consumer.
Thts me lol I just like new tech.

Reactions: BroodCorp
24 Jun 2022
If this does have a niche, it could possibly sell more PS5's across Japan.

PS5 sales themselves aren't an issue; if the Portal can help spur more sales of PS5 software, then it's doing something right.

I was initially against it but finding out you can basically use it to connect via proxy to any PS5 like it's a server via PS Link & Remote Play, actually opens up a lot of use-cases for it considering how many PS5s are out there.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PS5 sales themselves aren't an issue; if the Portal can help spur more sales of PS5 software, then it's doing something right.

I was initially against it but finding out you can basically use it to connect via proxy to any PS5 like it's a server via PS Link & Remote Play, actually opens up a lot of use-cases for it considering how many PS5s are out there.

Just as good as having a server farm in every country. Also sharing the cost with customers.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I always forget Sony made a remote app on mobile. I'm downloading it right now. I might get the Portal if it works well 😁

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Japan does have good wifi everywhere is my understanding it might be pretty useable