#PlayStation PORTAL is already SOLD OUT in every Japanese outlet

kaluas

3 Oct 2022
Portal is a controller.

Man, take a deep breath, think about it for like 5 minutes and tell me that you are seriously suggesting that in the end reports of Sony's financial year, Portal's adoption in the market will be evaluated as a DualSense Edge v2 and not as a shy and shallow attempt to reenter the handheld market.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Man, take a deep breath, think about it for like 5 minutes and tell me that you are seriously suggesting that in the end reports of Sony's financial year, Portal's adoption in the market will be evaluated as a DualSense Edge v2 and not as a shy and shallow attempt to reenter the handheld market.
You thought for 5 minutes and confused yourself this hard? Maybe leave the thinking to others.

kaluas

3 Oct 2022
You thought for 5 minutes and confused yourself this hard? Maybe leave the thinking to others.

A response poorer than an african 2yo... I take it your deflated ego couldn't think of anything regarding what i said and went full ad hominem.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Pretty likely in their fiscal reports they'll will only be included on their 'accesories' revenue numbers, as they usually do with accesories like PSVR or DualSense Edge.

In some rare cases they do some highlight detailing a bit per product when they have something interesting that FY or quarter they report, as they did when they had a big increase on accesories, or when they had the PSVR2 launch.

In the case of a handheld it would be reported separatedly as a different platform. But it won't be the case, because it's only an accesory: a Remote Play specific PS5 gamepad.

They are selling a lot in many areas, with record numbers. It's also the case in accesories, where PSVR2 started selling better than PSVR1 campaign and pads like DualSense Edge also sold very well, so they continue investing on more accesories/premium gamepads. They had this Remote Play gamepad concept patented since many years ago, so pretty likely they decided it was a good opportunity to implement it now. Just that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
pretty sure NPD will report the sales as a separate platform and not with the DualSense. Somebody ask Mat on Twitter.

A response poorer than an african 2yo... I take it your deflated ego couldn't think of anything regarding what i said and went full ad hominem.

What does that even mean? All Africans are not poor.

You could of used the same wording for poor white trash in the south in America.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
pretty sure NPD will report the sales as a separate platform and not with the DualSense. Somebody ask Mat on Twitter.

What does that even mean? All Africans are not poor.

You could of used the same wording for poor white trash in the south in America.
Hey don't mention a poor puertorican living in the slums I'll be very upset!!! 😂😂😂

But yeah why didn't you mention white trailer trash lol or just say a "poor 2 year old" 🤔

Joking Idgaf about that type of stuff.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The only entity in a position to 'evaluate' the Portal are Playstation beancounters. Of course they won't be assessing it as a "shallow attempt to reenter the handheld market" since 1) it's not, and 2) that would be an insane narrative to make up for internal use. You start from a place of confusion, and then following down that illogic just gets you into weirder brainworm territory.