PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Safe to say next gen consoles will be digital with a option to buy a detachable disk drive and 600 smackers or more? The all digital future is almost here baby.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think Gamers needs to learn to not Gate keep others pockets or interests / likes. I'm not buying a Pro not because I can't afford but I just don't see the value for it now.

However no need to imply people are broke or they are wasting their money buying a Pro. Gaming is a hobby not a lifestyle and I think people forget what works for them doesn't have to apply to others.

GTA 6 might force my hand to upgrade but for now, I just don't see the point of the Pro when the current hardware still isn't being flexed.
Great point, we should be congratulating each other and supporting each other as gamers.

Especially as PlayStation gamers, building out the platform.

If some of us want or have to wait to get a Pro or don't want it... It's all good. We need to be understanding within our hobby.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
On the PS Blog they said that the backward compatible games would be improved, but I don't understand how, will it be the same as Xbox?

The same way PS4 games are enhanced on PS5, brute force boost mode due to the PS5 Pro GPU.

Any games with unlocked framerates will run better on PS5 Pro. Any games with variable resolution, will run better on PS5 Pro.

It's why Elden Ring on PS4 ran better (higher framerate) on PS5 than the PS5 version.

All i know is if i ever trade in my ps5 I am not giving them the STAND.

I don't anticipate the old stand working, unless you're saying you have a slim model.

they've put Wi-Fi 7 on the Pro but Wi-Fi 5 on PS Portal a device that relies on an internet connection

No Sense I Dont Get It GIF by Dead Meat James

I'll throw a guess out on this that the Portal had a specific budget in mind. They had to keep it under 200 dollars and it is largely an experimental device.

The PS5 Pro on the other hand had more breathing room and isn't experimental. It'll be around for the next 8+ years, well into the life of the PS6.

The Portal might get replaced fairly soon by an OLED model (doubtful) or a full handheld (likely).

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The base PS5 isn’t going away. What’s with all of these takes?

The media and influencers were already getting people primed to be outraged... They all profit from the outrage cycle. All those hits.

He all fall for it.

There is a bit of a shock from the price but it will either sell or it will find a price that it will sell at.

No worries.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Great point, we should be congratulating each other and supporting each other as gamers.

Especially as PlayStation gamers, building out the platform.

If some of us want or have to wait to get a Pro or don't want it... It's all good. We need to be understanding within our hobby.
Yup! This whole mindset of well if I don't like it you shouldn't either is a huge cancer to gaming and the community and I'm just speaking generally.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Gran Turismo has always been PlayStations secret weapon.

I remember after GT6 when Shu made the mistake of not having a PS4 port everyone was like oh yes, the brand is in decline.. it only sold 6 million..

GT Sport gets announced and they were like well, Sony didn't give out any sales update it definitely didn't sell that well 🤣

Only to find out the brand is literally selling better than ever

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75