PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m not convinced ordering direct from PlayStation is the best bet for timely delivery based on anecdotal stuff friends have experienced.

Best Buy has usually been great for this kind of stuff and I scored my launch ps5 from Walmart I think.

I’m hoping it’s expensive enough were pre-ordering won’t feel like a dice roll. I 404’d with that initial ps5 order but it still went thru. Sigh…

I refuse to buy my consoles online. I need that midnight camping outside the store experience, or walking to the store the second it opens to pick up my new console.

I will wait for BB to open preorders.

• Surprised
Reactions: KvallyX

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Discourse around this was quite interesting. The internet reacted as if PS6 got announced starting at $700, complaining that the premium version of an already expensive console is outta pocket to me. Nobody is forcing you to get the expensive version, you can get a base at half the price. Price seems to be in line with the spec upgrade... Im convinced a lot of you just want Sony to hand out consoles for free. And then the "buy a PC" crowd.... yes if price is an issue why recommend something that's almost twice as expensive? My launch ps5 has a $200 SSD installed in it, so technically I already spent $700 on the damn thing.

I remember this with PS Portal, even Dualsense edge.... for some reason it always feels as if the internet gaming space actually wants LESS options these days.

I love this. More options are always best and this is something the developers themselves were requesting

Notice how not a single developer is complaining at all

Only influencers

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Discourse around this was quite interesting. The internet reacted as if PS6 got announced starting at $700, complaining about the price of a premium version of an already expensive console is outta pocket to me. Nobody is forcing you to get the expensive version, you can get a base at half the price. Price seems to be in line with the spec upgrade... Im convinced a lot of you just want Sony to hand out consoles for free. And then the "buy a PC" crowd.... yes if price is an issue why recommend something that's almost twice as expensive? My launch ps5 has a $200 SSD installed in it, so technically I already spent $700 on the damn thing.

I remember this with PS Portal, even Dualsense edge.... for some reason it always feels as if the internet gaming space actually wants LESS options these days.
Exactly. This is like the top of the line Nivida GPU or a Sony A95L TV. It’s a top of the line premium product. If you don’t want it or can’t afford it, there are cheaper entry products.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Luffy123 and voke

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I love this. More options are always best and this is something the developers themselves were requesting

Only influencers

Fear, Pessimism, negativity, and cynicism are great for engagement. There are very good arguments to criticize Sony about the price, but an intelligent and nuanced argument scares away people with overexcited amygdalas, and that's not good for business.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
To play what? There hasn't been a need to buy a cutting edge PC in 20 years
what do you mean?
When I bought my 3080 ON RELESE date and paired it with brand new 3700x.... ton and ton and ton of games were using that gpu 100% day 1.
It was already not enough the day it released. 4080 is the same way

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

I don't understand these people.
He is a rich old fuck. 700 or 7000$ is nothing to him.
Saying "oh no it's so expensive"
Is in honesty saying "look at me peasants, you can't afford this shit hahaha loosers, give me twitter points"... WHY.

I earn 100000x less than him and I say that 700$ is good price. It's like 2 weeks of my salary.... and that's like 1 week of my salary.... and that's still lower than minimal wage in usa probably and these fuckers cry the loudest.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Discourse around this was quite interesting. The internet reacted as if PS6 got announced starting at $700, complaining about the price of a premium version of an already expensive console is outta pocket to me. Nobody is forcing you to get the expensive version, you can get a base at half the price. Price seems to be in line with the spec upgrade... Im convinced a lot of you just want Sony to hand out consoles for free. And then the "buy a PC" crowd.... yes if price is an issue why recommend something that's almost twice as expensive? My launch ps5 has a $200 SSD installed in it, so technically I already spent $700 on the damn thing.

It doesn't want less option, they all don't want Playstation. Anything Sony does, it is shit on.

It is actually incredible, the size of operation of m$, their shills and funded astroturfers and media.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Only influencers
I bet, those fuckers has to buy these consoles themselves, that's why, all bitches are crying.

Suckers don't want to pay at all for it, so they just shit on it, tries shame and guilty trip people.
Fuck those all suckers.
Fucking m$ lapdogs, doormats.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I bet, those fuckers has to buy these consoles themselves, that's why they all bitches crying.

Suckers don't want to pay at for it, so they just shit on it, tries shame and guilty trip people.
Fuck those all suckers.
Fucking m$ lapdogs, doormats.
Imagine being an xbot kid and seeing 700$ pro.
How the hell are you going to convince parents to buy you one. I would sure as hell be angry too
Joe Biden GIF by Mashable

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Luffy123

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Seeing Square Enix commit to upgrading Rebirth is showing that the relationship isn't deteriorated as some people here claim.

It's fucking awful that I'm crunching the number on getting the PRO and I don't have a TV to take full advantage of it if I did. As a father I mainly play on the Portal so what benefit will I get? 🤷‍♂️
Don't get one then?