PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I feel sorry for the people who kept buying physical games. They have to go through a more expansion upgrade.

I honestly bought a physical PS5 because that's what was available at pre order in 2020. I only have like 7 physical games ( both PS4 and PS5) since 2013.

I was preparing for a digital generation and I knew my physical games won't work on PS6. My prediction is partially correct with PS5 pro. Thus, I am 100% sure PS6 will be digital only and won't even have the option for physical.

My advice for all is that they should start buying digital from now on in preparation for next gen.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I feel sorry for the people who kept buying physical games. They have to go through a more expansion upgrade.

I honestly bought a physical PS5 because that's what was available at pre order in 2020. I only have like 7 physical games ( both PS4 and PS5) since 2013.

I was preparing for a digital generation and I knew my physical games won't work on PS6. My prediction is partially correct with PS5 pro. Thus, I am 100% sure PS6 will be digital only and won't even have the option for physical.

My advice for all is that they should start buying digital from now on in preparation for next gen.
i don't understand people like you.

it is basically self made prophecy.

digital is coming, digital is coming, fearmongering, while yourself do nothing but add to the digital.
it sounds ridiculously stupid really.
ends up 14 years fearmongering and when PS6 ends up with physical still? 20 years the same bullshit?

Physical is only way to keep this tech giants in place. Physical offers more choice, not less. it keeps prices in check.

Why people want to have less choice? and in the end even screw themselves and pay even more for games when you could paid less?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
i don't understand people like you.

it is basically self made prophecy.

digital is coming, digital is coming, fearmongering, while yourself do nothing but add to the digital.
it sounds ridiculously stupid really.
ends up 14 years fearmongering and when PS6 ends up with physical still? 20 years the same bullshit?

Physical is only way to keep this tech giants in place. Physical offers more choice, not less. it keeps prices in check.

Why people want to have less choice? and in the end even screw themselves and pay even more for games when you could paid less?
Excatly what I had in mind. Well said.
Physical on console gives us a bit of what steam is.
We got retail competing in pricing
ownership
offline play
no patching if I don't want too
Collecting and displaying

Otherwise with psn alone? none of that. You are forced to update, forced to be online, forced to pay 1 price

Reactions: Umar

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I have a extension on my browser that lets me see dislikes. It's currently at 92k likes, 160k dislikes on PlayStation channel. So it's overwhelming negative.
Keep pressing those dislikes lmao

Sony doesn't care about what you bots are doing to cope with reality. Xbox be dead 💀

The official trailer is even worse. I wonder if it is getting dislike blasted by Xbox fans too though.
Of course, that's all they have left.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Idas from the Activision megathread jumping on the "competition" bandwagon after Microsoft failed to capitalize on the acquisition and his dreams are crushed:

It's the first think that I thought yesterday.

When your main competitor is not competing at all in the majority of the world, you are maximising margins and including some new tech, the potential controversy from the price increase won't be very problematic because it won't affect your marketshare 🤷🏻‍♀️

Long term this strategy could be a bit more problematic, but that's another story.
I'm sure Xbox would be able to make the same console as the PS5 Pro for a lot cheaper 🙄

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023

I am buying less and less digital on purpose, and more physical because I will not go quietly into the night .. and Sony will miss my revenue if they ever go full digital - because then - I will return to being a PC player (which I detest) and buy games when they are old and on Steam at sub $5 sales, and um, “free” copies of games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas and rofif

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I actually have no issue with $700 but at that price it shouldn't feel like I am missing out on anything and that's where the big part of the backlash is coming from. No disc drive is a seriously stupid move

Reactions: Entropi

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Also Stellar Blade at 4k60 🤩
yoo wen GIF

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I actually have no issue with $700 but at that price it shouldn't feel like I am missing out on anything and that's where the big part of the backlash is coming from. No disc drive is a seriously stupid move
people are buying more digital as the years go by. By next gen it will probably 80-90 percent of games sold are by digital. Sony is just going with the market. PS6 will probably be digital only, but you can buy a disc drive for like 80 bucks. Just like the pro.

31 Aug 2024
people are buying more digital as the years go by. By next gen it will probably 80-90 percent of games sold are by digital. Sony is just going with the market. PS6 will probably be digital only, but you can buy a disc drive for like 80 bucks. Just like the pro.
To be honest I think after this gen the only place that will sell physical copies of games will probably places like Limited Run Games and I think the next gen consoles will only have disc drives for backwards compatibility

Reactions: Infinity