PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Discourse around this was quite interesting. The internet reacted as if PS6 got announced starting at $700, complaining about the price of a premium version of an already expensive console is outta pocket to me. Nobody is forcing you to get the expensive version, you can get a base at half the price. Price seems to be in line with the spec upgrade... Im convinced a lot of you just want Sony to hand out consoles for free. And then the "buy a PC" crowd.... yes if price is an issue why recommend something that's almost twice as expensive? My launch ps5 has a $200 SSD installed in it, so technically I already spent $700 on the damn thing.

I remember this with PS Portal, even Dualsense edge.... for some reason it always feels as if the internet gaming space actually wants LESS options these days.
I don't care aslong as it doesn't fuck over standard ps5 users & have games running shitter than they should be because sony want people to buy the shiny new pro model

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
185G4NW.png

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

I came up with a total of $1340.42, but the CPU only has 6 cores.

Knowing me, I would remove the graphics card, add 128GB of RAM, get a 4-slot fiber network card, run ESXi or Proxmox, and add it to my cluster. I don’t need to game on a PC.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Say1nMan and voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I tried and came up with $1340.42. The CPU has only 6 cores, though.

Knowing me, I would remove the graphics card, add 128GB of RAM, get a 4-slot fiber network card, run ESXi or Proxmox, and add it to my cluster. I don’t need to game on a PC.
I'm strictly MacOS for computers, I haven't used a Windows PC in over 15 years and never plan on doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX and Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I'm strictly MacOS for computers, I haven't used a Windows PC in over 15 years and never plan on doing so.

I’m in same situation. It's a weird coincidence that my employer gave me a new Mac to replace my old Windows PC last year, and the customer I'm working with also gave me a Mac. My personal computer is a Mac too, so right now all the computers in my house are Macs! Lol

My lab stuff is all mixed though.

Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’m in same situation. It's a weird coincidence that my employer gave me a new Mac to replace my old Windows PC last year, and the customer I'm working with also gave me a Mac. My personal computer is a Mac too, so right now all the computers in my house are Macs! Lol

My lab stuff is all mixed though.
I've always loved Apples devices, in a way they have been the ones who kept me away from PC gaming rather than Sony. I'm just used to MacOS and I know gaming limited on them, so I stick to console..... computers are so work oriented to me anyway, would be odd to game there imo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
All I am going to say is when the true current gen games like crimson desert hit we will see the pro flex its muscles, I guess Cory's game will truly show off the pro.

Reactions: Umar

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

They are so butthurt that they're screen shotting fake dislikes. Also, SynthPotato is an engagement whore who has gone on record saying he has no problem paying full price for a port of Red Dead 1 that comes with no remastered enhancement. The pocket watching contradiction is pure entertainment.

Reactions: Entropi

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Does the slim disk drive needs to be activated once or more if I am offline for some time?

They are so butthurt that they're screen shotting fake dislikes. Also, SynthPotato is an engagement whore who has gone on record saying he has no problem paying full price for a port of Red Dead 1 that comes with no remastered enhancement. The pocket watching contradiction is pure entertainment.

stupid ignorant sheep, hive mind and just another bandwagon

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Does the slim disk drive need to be activated once or more if I am offline for some time?

stupid ignorant sheep, hive mind and just another bandwagon

If I remember correctly, and because Tom Warner and all the Xbot sheep cried foul about it, Playstation had to clarify that it is a one-time setup. If you move it to another console, you need a new activation.

Reactions: rofif

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

I have a extension on my browser that lets me see dislikes. It's currently at 92k likes, 160k dislikes on PlayStation channel. So it's overwhelming negative.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I have a extension on my browser that lets me see dislikes. It's currently at 92k likes, 160k dislikes on PlayStation channel. So it's overwhelming negative.
The official trailer is even worse. I wonder if it is getting dislike blasted by Xbox fans too though.

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 2.04.51 PM.jpg

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Infinity