PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sony should seriously consider Blacklisting IGN
k1KuDvb.png

BHny8cx.png

GXD_1grWgAEwpXJ

Of course Astro Bot didn’t happen a few days ago.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I am kinda having a mental breakdown. I am arguing with people for 3 hours now(mostly on reddit). Turns out:
I have a sony dick in my mouth
I don't know value of money
I should get a pc since it's cheaper
I am an idiot
I am a corporate shill who this shit was made for

Seriously... it's a hobby. If someone doesn't want it, don't get it.
For me, spending money on my passion is normal and I earn enough to support that. People don't understand that
Don't, I myself only point out folks that are disrespectful repeatedly towards others on forums most aren't even worth the energy, like the Nintendo dude, buys 4 Switches and complains about PS5 Pro price. Just channel the Chad Warden energy

When Linus came out with his video few months back where he couldn't match the PS5 with used PC parts almost 4 years (!) into the gen is telling enough. And this is even discounting the pheriperals. No point in arguing, the results will come automatically.

Whether it's worth it to you depends on your investment into the hobby, anyone that is on a tight budget but is physical able can stack money to afford it imo if they really want it. Or if they deem remaining on the 5 until next-gen is better that is fair too, it's options.
My only grip is that Sony decided not to subsidise the harddrive especially in EU, but as per usual we are paying the R&D over here.
Did not expect the price reveal at this event btw.

On the games front obviously at TGS they gonna flex Death Stranding 2 with Decima on the Pro. I'm already sold with GTA6, Wolverine, Ghost 2, Monster Hunter for example. GT7 @8K60 or 4K60 with ray-tracing? Hell yeah.
Will be interesting to see Dragons Dogma 2, Jedi Survivor, Alan Wake 2, Wukong etc. running on it since those function with issues on PC as well.
Thing is if you want a substantial upgrade in performance, you won't get that with a mere 100 increase for an ABAP console.

• Shake
Reactions: rofif

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Exclusives are important but people gloss over how well games in general look and run on PS5.

I’m stoked for this thing. This absolutely blows comparable PC options out the water. As long as Sony keeps presenting the better option then I won’t switch.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
You need to be specific about which PC (GPU, CPU, and RAM) you are talking about. And I brought the 20 series because it was the equivalent of the PS5 when it came out, and the PS5 Pro, in theory, would be equivalent to an RX 7700 in Ray Tracing
The PC that guy dropped for like 1380 bucks was the one I was talking about. That's a pretty fucking beefy computer.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This is the same dude that said Blade won't ever come to PlayStation.

What is the numpty even trying to prove?

Providing new buyers with an alternative which costs 500 dollars more. That’s because PS5 Pro is too expensive?

Has the Base PS5 been discontinued or no longer supported meaning new buyers and existing users need to find an alternative?

Make it make sense.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Say1nMan

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Providing new buyers with an alternative which costs 500 dollars more. That’s because PS5 Pro is too expensive?

Has the Base PS5 been discontinued or no longer supported?

Make it make sense.
Problem with their logic is if people are complaining about $700 upgrade, how in hell are you convincing them to buy $1300 upgrade?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Has the Base PS5 been discontinued or no longer supported meaning new buyers and existing users need to find an alternative?

Make it make sense.
And forgetting paying yearly subscription for Game pass and omitting buying a monitor which 4k monitors aren't cheap either.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Hard to say when the device isn't out. Does it have 32gb of ram and a 2tb ssd? Because that GPU and CPU look identical to ehat the PS5 pro will sport if not better considering the PS5 CPU is around a ryzen 5 3600-3700 in speed and the Nvidia is guaranteed to outperform the PS5 gpu in upscaling and RT.

It is 500 bucks more expensive. I don't think anybody is going to dispute that. Cobsoles have dominated price to performance since 2022 and that is not stopping so long as GPU prices stay inflated

But to say that the PS5 pro will outperform or the PC has worse parts... its just copium
Obviously there are more powerful PCs than the PS5 Pro, but the discussion is still cost-benefit, paying 500 dollars more for questionable parts that you found on the internet is not a good deal in comparison. And even after all this, I still consider 700 dollars on the PS5 Pro to be a bad price, Sony simply put that price on it for greedy reasons, but I'm not worried, 1 year later or even less you'll find it for more affordable prices

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
How is it like in the US? It's either pre build or pick up parts and build it yourself? No middle ground?

HW stores no matter how big or small typically put together the PC for you, based on the parts you picked and provide assessment on if the parts you choose are the best fit for your build.

They are actually more inclined to do that, provided you buy all parts from their store. To avoid issues with the customer.
If there isn't a Microcenter store in your area then the only alternative is pretty much Best Buy. I think Best Buy will offer to build your PC. The pre built PCs that Best Buy sell aren't the greatest and there isn't a lot of variety pre built that they sell. Other stores like Wal mart don't build your PC they just sell pre builts and those are also not great. The only tech store that is nationwide and found all over the place in the US is Best Buy. The rest of the hardware stores in the states we classified those as non tech stores. Stores that sell tools for manual labor stuff like screw drivers, hammers, lawn mower, etc. So for people that go with pre built they mostly get it from online via Amazon or a PC specific website.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Youtube is going crazy. All these influencers finally found what they needed to grab viewers on youtube. Funny how most of them are the modern audience that Sony loves.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Summary of this gen so far, from Sony:
  • Paltry output from their first party studios;
  • Porting all of their catalogue to PC;
  • 800 quid console
Yeah, they can fuck right off.
“Paltry output from their first party studios”.

They have 3 90+ Meta games in 3 straight years.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The people getting outraged the most will line up first to try to pre-order the pro, but the dumb pc port initiative will turn out to be biggest bane going forward. thanks herman

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I have a feeling that Digital Foundry is going to trigger the bots and PC dudes with their hands on impression of the PS5 pro and it's going to be fun to watch.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The people getting outraged the most will line up first to try to pre-order the pro, but the dumb pc port initiative will turn out to be biggest bane going forward. thanks herman

Sony are deluded if they believe they can get people to buy their consoles irrespective of price while chucking their games on other platforms.

Giving people less reason to buy their consoles.

This being 700 dollars makes it an easier decision.

Absolute morons.

Reactions: Umar

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If PC ports are still superior, then good luck to them and that PR disaster

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
“Paltry output from their first party studios”.

They have 3 90+ Meta games in 3 straight years.
This is the funny part. They’ve been as consistent as they’ve always been, when people say “no games” it’s 100% a them issue than the platforms issue.

I have been completely overwhelmed with releases this year, & there are at least 4 games that this year alone I believe to be some of the best of the gen yet.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Id like Nintendo to follow a completely different approach. Just release the best hardware you can under 350 USD and focus on games and BC.

Long lead times are really becoming an issue in the gaming industry. Something's gotta give, production values mainly.

Hardware has never been an issue with the 9th generation of consoles. Even with the series S if you limit it to a 1080p 30 or 720p 60 console.