PlayStation Showcase Aftermath - Rate the show

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Most of it was 3rd-party stuff. I guess for marketing agreements.

They kept everything hidden besides Haven game and Spider-Man.

The Splatoon game from Square looks fun. Dragon Dogma 2, Re4 PSVR, Alan Wake 2. All great.

Reactions: Bryank75

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Solid 4 for variety mostly. Spiky hair/Japanese games crowd got served decent I guess. Outside of that: Multiplat galore. Gen Z GAAS bait overload.

Game of the Show: The Phantom Blade 0
Runner up: Spider-man 2
Runner up 2: Dragon's Dogma 2

Special Mention: The Plucky Squire
Special Mention: Helldivers 2
Special Mention: FoamStars
---------------------------------------

As for the rest; three words only: FUCK JIM RYAN!!!

As a fanbase we've been uneasy about this motherfucker for a couple years now. Our fears have materialized. The Activision deal block literally saved this clown's ass.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
The worst Sony show ever. I don’t know what happened to Sony but they are fucking loosing it lately.

Spider-Man looks like a PS4 game.

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
That was... disappointing. Hyped for MGS3 and Spidey 2. The Plucky Squire, Granblue Fantasy ReLink, Tower of Fantasy (if it's a SP game and not MP) and AC Mirage look like day 1 purchases to me, but the most of the stuff was just meh. The Q-Lite looks absolutely terrible, we really didn't need these long trailers for FFXVI and Street Fighter 6 and where were all the first party games? Were the 4 shooters really all they could show for PSVR2? Man, for all the hype, I'm left feeling a bit empty... I gave it a 4/10. For making us wait almost 2 years for another huge showcase, this was a whole lot of "been there, done that".
tower of fantasy is a genshin like game that is already out on mobile and pc currently

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It could have been a lot better, where was Stellar Blades

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Just scrolled through the IGN liveblog to see what was shown and it all looks pretty boring to me. I knew I would play Spider-man 2 already, wanted to see Wolverine. Wanted Bloodborne 2.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
When did Insomniac become the only PS Studio? Did they sack everyone else? Where the actual fuck was Factions?
GAAS and PC, that's where it's. After TLOU PC they can't fuck it up on PC. Unnecessary development burden that they will carry for the sake of greed.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
They clearly focused on stuff that's coming soon.

Was hoping to see Wolverine (I guess that was unlikely), Stellar Blade, Lost Souls Aside, and of course Factions

Really expected Rise of the Ronin, that's been in development for ages.

5/10 for me.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'll be 30 by the time first and third party stop releasing cross gen games that look like shit.

When did Insomniac become the only PS Studio? Did they sack everyone else? Where the actual fuck was Factions?
ND is 3 years late to showing the multiplayer portion of a game that came out in 2020. I'm so disappointed in everything, no point in owning a ps5 if all we have is fucking spiderman 2 to look forward to.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Too little gameplay!
Spider-man2 didn't look so hot in few places....

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Also too much CGI. Like that Haven game, I have no idea what type of game it's supposed to be. Same with The Talos Principle - never played the original and I don't know what it is.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Honestly, I gave it a 4....

The amount of indies that I dont care about, the big new announcements with CGI and a titles.... barely anything for me except for Spider-man.

Are we getting any 1st party games anymore? Single player narrative games? Where are they?
Indies were the least worst thing about this show