PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Concord looks like trash. The CG trailer was decent and the concept of weekly cinematic campaign progression sounds fun but the game itself looks awful.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This game got my attention but I’ve never been a fan of the genre. I might give it a shot.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I said, don’t be retarded
No Idea Idk GIF by Travis

Reactions: Shmunter

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Whoever is responsible for the marketing of this Concord game needs to be fired and replaced immediately.
The entire pitch for the game is awful.

Who designed these generic uninteresting characters?

Just think about how cool and distinct each race felt in Mass Effect or how each character in Guardians of the Galaxy is completely different from each other.

They could've created anything and they went with Asian chick, black chick, yellow scale guy red gorilla guy and borderlands robot knock off.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Wait, they are charging money for that Concord game while Overwatch is f2p? Money for a multiplay only mode game??

Concerning.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The entire pitch for the game is awful.

Who designed these generic uninteresting characters?

Just think about how cool and distinct each race felt in Mass Effect or how each character in Guardians of the Galaxy is completely different from each other.

They could've created anything and they went with Asian chick, black chick, yellow scale guy red gorilla guy and borderlands robot knock off.
Yeah, based on the teaser it hinted at being a stylised lofi 70’s asthetic. Very intriguing. But it’s mobile phone calibre shit.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah, based on the teaser it hinted at being a stylised lofi 70’s asthetic. Very intriguing. But it’s mobile phone calibre shit.
Deep down I hoped for a big surprise like Helldivers 2 again but I guess that was lighting in a bottle and won't happen again anytime soon.

Condord + Farigame$ are the type of uninspiring games I would expect from a publisher like Ubisoft.

There is something uncool about this type of games, they look like they were brainstormed a bunch of marketing people to be able to pitch to some other corporation. There is zero indication of a creative drive behind the game.

Back in the day you knew that a games were just created by a bunch of uncool nerds that just wanted to make something awesome. Nobody ever dreamed of making Concord.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Not sure why Silent Hill 2 is getting disparaged. Sure, it’s no Hellblade 2 visually….but no way I’d play the ps2 game….this is the only way for us that missed it first time around.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Not sure why Silent Hill 2 is getting disparaged. Sure, it’s no Hellblade 2 visually….but no way I’d play the ps2 game….this is the only way for us that missed it first time around.
No. This is not the way to play it, it's a way to completely botch the experience, the old game aged well enough, specially when compared to this soulless remake.

How could anyone think Bloober was suited to touch Silent Hill 2 and worse yet given the freedom to alter it? Everything about it feels off and looks like a fan made Unreal Engine project.

This is going to be 100% garbage.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
No. This is not the way to play it, it's a way to completely botch the experience, the old game aged well enough, specially when compared to this soulless remake.

How could anyone think Bloober was suited to touch Silent Hill 2 and worse yet given the freedom to alter it? Everything about it feels off and looks like a fan made Unreal Engine project.

I’m not sure what the issues are. Looks like silent hill

Reactions: The Icon

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024

i agree that the original sh2 still holds well even to todays standards, played for the first time last year and it was amazing, aged a lot better than the first one that i had to drop

but at the same time i can see they putting a lot of effort bit by bit into this remake, its not worth $70 at all but im planning to give it a try when its at least $30 down the line