PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce New IP (PHYSINT. working title - Tatical Espionage Game)

D

Deleted member 223

anyone think this will be a cross gen game for both ps5 and ps6?
Solid probability. Either that or it will release at the very tail end of the gen like TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What I'd assume here is that:
  • Death Stranding is currently in late alpha or early beta and just going through final polishing, probably some mocap as well. Core game and features are more than likely done and won't suffer changes other than balancing and bug fixing
  • OD is probably being worked on by a secondary team of a few people. I doub't they have their whole design team on this considering it's such a niche / different concept
  • Physin't is probably under pre-production to keep their everybody else busy. I wouldn't be surprised if it leverages many of the mechanics in death stranding and if it uses Decima. it may be further along than we think
anyone think this will be a cross gen game for both ps5 and ps6?
Could be, yeah.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
What I'd assume here is that:
  • Death Stranding is currently in late alpha or early beta and just going through final polishing, probably some mocap as well. Core game and features are more than likely done and won't suffer changes other than balancing and bug fixing
  • OD is probably being worked on by a secondary team of a few people. I doub't they have their whole design team on this considering it's such a niche / different concept
  • Physin't is probably under pre-production to keep their everybody else busy. I wouldn't be surprised if it leverages many of the mechanics in death stranding and if it uses Decima. it may be further along than we think

Could be, yeah.
I’d think Sony would want a lot of sales when ps6 is out and ps5 would be in 100m+ so it makes sense from a financial view

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We have ROR, FF7 and a new Kojima Ip. If we get Miyazaki exclusive that would be impressive.

We’ve also lost out on Street Fighter, Yakuza, Persona, Super massive, Quantic dreams, Ninja Theory and possibly Miyazaki/FromSoft.

Listening to fans ideas isnt a bad thing
Street Fighter, Yakuza, Persona, Super massive, Quantic dreams, Miyazaki/FromSoft continued and will continue publishing all their games on PS. And possibly after a timed console exclusivity Ninja Theory too.

With Miyazaki/FromSoft Sony relatively bought a minority stake of FromSoft, and also got a minority stake from Kadokawa due to a deal to helpping them with games and anime. So I think it's impossible Fromsoft would do any game outside PS.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Street Fighter, Yakuza, Persona, Super massive, Quantic dreams, Miyazaki/FromSoft continued and will continue publishing all their games on PS. And possibly after a timed console exclusivity Ninja Theory too.

With Miyazaki/FromSoft Sony relatively bought a minority stake of FromSoft, and also got a minority stake from Kadokawa due to a deal to helpping them with games and anime. So I think it's impossible Fromsoft would do any game outside PS.

Pretty sure there’s a rumour going around that From are making an exclusive game for Playstation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Pretty sure there’s a rumour going around that From are making an exclusive game for Playstation.
From Software made a gazillion PS exclusives since the PS1. Kadokawa (not counting From) made a gazillion PS exclusives since the PS1. On top of that Sony made a deal with Kadokawa and got a portion of both Kadokawa and FromSoft. Sony and FromSoft/Kadokawa are happy with each other, as we can see with these deals and also with the results of Bloodborne.

You can be 300% sure that FromSoft is working on minimum one exclusive game, no need to be an insider to know that. But they'll announce it when they see fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Im talking exclusives. Why I bought my PS5. Im not asking for multiplatform games.
If God of War and GOT were on Xbox and PS5 Id still be able to play them....
Again Im talking about exclusives. Not whats missing from PS5

Reactions: Darth Vader

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This felt a bit like an “eff you” to MS IMO. 🤔

Naw, i think this proves what we all kinda knew, that Sony and Kojima have a lot closer of a relationship than Kojima and Xbox. Also part of the advantage Sony has over Microsoft is that they’re multimedia conglomerate. Its easy for them to leverage their other divisions for big deals like this, and it helps sony bring more creativity to their film department.

It’s the same with Square Enix and Sony. Microsoft might end up getting thrown a bone or two (visions of mana) but Sony are going to feature Final Fantasy 7 next week instead. Then I assume Sony will have marketing and/or exclusivity for Kingdom Hearts 4.

Microsoft always feels like they are fighting for leftovers

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Apparently, the Iron Lords podcast "Hold the Line guy' was hate watching the SOP and was gloating that ds2 was going to be the last game Kojima did with PlayStation and that he was going to be part of Xbox going forward, only for this game to be announced immediately after he said that, lmao.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Apparently, the Iron Lords podcast "Hold the Line guy' was hate watching the SOP and was gloating that ds2 was going to be the last game Kojima did with PlayStation and that he was going to be part of Xbox going forward, only for this game to be announced immediately after he said that, lmao.
What's funny is that Playstation not only gets the real games / proper IP, but they will also get Overdose due to the death of Xbox.

• haha
Reactions: ultimateFF

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I can't wait to see gameplay in five years, let alone play the game in seven years that takes 90 hours before it gets good.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
From Software made a gazillion PS exclusives since the PS1. Kadokawa (not counting From) made a gazillion PS exclusives since the PS1. On top of that Sony made a deal with Kadokawa and got a portion of both Kadokawa and FromSoft. Sony and FromSoft/Kadokawa are happy with each other, as we can see with these deals and also with the results of Bloodborne.

You can be 300% sure that FromSoft is working on minimum one exclusive game, no need to be an insider to know that. But they'll announce it when they see fit.
It can't be helped that Hermen kept hinting about it multiple times in the past lol 🤣.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Don't forget what Hermen has said in the past
unknown-5.png

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
We basically got our first confirmation of the first two PS6 games. X-Men and PHYSINT even though the console is almost 4 years away. Lol
Ff17 was in a round about way talked about when the ff16 director was interviewed by shu yoshida. Said something about a younger team taking over the franchise.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
IMG_3715.gif