PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce New IP (PHYSINT. working title - Tatical Espionage Game)

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Don't forget what Hermen has said in the past
unknown-5.png
I wonder if going forward for state of plays that Herman will be in the studio with a premiere developer,
Let them announce their game, and then do a symbolic fist bump or hand shake?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Don't forget what Hermen has said in the past
unknown-5.png

OMG, how recent was this? Please be true about FromSoft. Puts my soul at ease lol

BTW arent Haven and Firewalk part of PS studios now. Sony owns them just like they do ND and Insomniac

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I sure hope this game PHYSINT bad

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music
As much as I loved MGS5. I put over 300 hours into it.
I would love if Kojima went back to the semi metroidvania gameplay of MGS1 and MGS2 instead of open world or levels like MGS5 and MGS4

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I would love if Kojima went back to the semi metroidvania gameplay of MGS1 and MGS2 instead of open world or levels like MGS5 and MGS4
No chance for Kojima to going back on linear games again I think, and he's gonna perfected the MGSV open world formula.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How can anyone not give it up to Herman Hulst after this? Not only principly responsible for Horizon, he got Kojima to make a new PS exclusive Metal Gear.
Im not a fan of his but credit where it is due. Well done on this.
Just need to see the other partnerships and how the PS studios have been handled before I hate him more or love him lol. Havent enjoyed the handling of the PS studios tbh

Reactions: Diah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
crazy that PlayStation has so much cool stuff cooking up in the background like this, X-Men, and potentially something with fromsoft but all reddit and insiders want to talk about is what Xbox is doing.
We are too busy playing PS5, and xbots plays nothing, clearly one group is in deficiency for time.

Reactions: Diah

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
No chance for Kojima to going back on linear games again I think, and he's gonna perfected the MGSV open world formula.
Maybe. He did an amazing job of the open world, especially in MGS5. It just needed more indoor stealth and metroidvania design some point in the game. Maybe thats what the island bit/missing content would of had

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I'd love something like MGS3, that's IMO the best MGS game by a pretty wide margin. However, I'd love to see it in a post-apocalyptic setting, perhaps in the Death Strading universe, but before everything went to shit.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Naw, i think this proves what we all kinda knew, that Sony and Kojima have a lot closer of a relationship than Kojima and Xbox. Also part of the advantage Sony has over Microsoft is that they’re multimedia conglomerate. Its easy for them to leverage their other divisions for big deals like this, and it helps sony bring more creativity to their film department.

It’s the same with Square Enix and Sony. Microsoft might end up getting thrown a bone or two (visions of mana) but Sony are going to feature Final Fantasy 7 next week instead. Then I assume Sony will have marketing and/or exclusivity for Kingdom Hearts 4.

Microsoft always feels like they are fighting for leftovers
Yeah. That was my point actually. Sony used the event to make their own Kojima specific announcement, just like MS did and tried to make a big deal out of. It came across to me like “oh you thought that was a big deal? Well check this out.” Highlighting their closer relationship was part of that whole thing.

I definitely think it was a direct response to the way MS did that announcement and tried to embarrass them in the process. And I think it worked personally.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'd love something like MGS3, that's IMO the best MGS game by a pretty wide margin. However, I'd love to see it in a post-apocalyptic setting, perhaps in the Death Strading universe, but before everything went to shit.

Correct.

MGS3 is by far the best as a game.

• Shake
Reactions: Dr Bass

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Apparently, the Iron Lords podcast "Hold the Line guy' was hate watching the SOP and was gloating that ds2 was going to be the last game Kojima did with PlayStation and that he was going to be part of Xbox going forward, only for this game to be announced immediately after he said that, lmao.
That should be funny as meme.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Apparently, the Iron Lords podcast "Hold the Line guy' was hate watching the SOP and was gloating that ds2 was going to be the last game Kojima did with PlayStation and that he was going to be part of Xbox going forward, only for this game to be announced immediately after he said that, lmao.
Starts at 31:35

I swear my IQ has lowered, and it wasn't that big to begin with.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Some people speculate this is metal gear solid 6 and kojima has sucesfully retained mgs ip back from konami

24 Jun 2022
crazy that PlayStation has so much cool stuff cooking up in the background like this, X-Men, and potentially something with fromsoft but all reddit and insiders want to talk about is what Xbox is doing.

Just more a means of trying to control the narrative in online discourse, that's all. Once you recognize it for what it is, you can easily do your part and not feed into it.

Really the only big Xbox stuff I've been interested in talking about is either figuring out sales splits (like with Infinite Wealth), or the 10th-gen PC NUC/OEM rumors because I find any future hardware plans interesting to discuss. But I notice when people try shoving Xbox into what should predominantly be either PlayStation/Nintendo discussions or platform-agnostic discussions and just try shifting things back to what they should be focusing on, in those instances.

Like I notice on ResetERA when the NPD/Circana sales results come in, most of the thread turns into a discussion about Xbox. If I were there, I'd be focusing more on what Sony & Nintendo could do to expand their leads, or at least throw that in there alongside what MS could do to improve their situation. Sometimes it's what people don't talk about that tells you what their priorities really are, IMO.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AshHunter216