PlayStation Studios and Kojima Announce New IP (PHYSINT. working title - Tatical Espionage Game)

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Now all Hulst needs to do is to get Miyazaki to made an exclusive PS5 game.

There's word on exactly this, from the man himself:
Screenshot-2024-02-02-at-2-32-52-PM.png

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'd love something like MGS3, that's IMO the best MGS game by a pretty wide margin. However, I'd love to see it in a post-apocalyptic setting, perhaps in the Death Strading universe, but before everything went to shit.
I loved MGS3 but prefered MGS1. Me and my friend bought a US version while no1 properly had the UK version. It was a magical game and the first time we played it we were in awe.

I prefer the more indoors stealth lol.

Still MGS3 is one of my all time favourites and would put it in my top 10 if MGS1 wasnt in there.

Im excited to see what he comes up

Reactions: Muddasar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Im talking exclusives. Why I bought my PS5. Im not asking for multiplatform games.
If God of War and GOT were on Xbox and PS5 Id still be able to play them....

Again Im talking about exclusives. Not whats missing from PS5
Sony has a gazillion great 3rd party exclusives. As an example, the just released Granblue Fantasy Relink plus the ones shown in the State of Play, FFVII Rebirth, Foamstars, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill The Shot Message, ZZZ, Metro Awakening VR.

Plus the first party games shown there like Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Until Dawn, Death Stranding 2, Physint, plus obviously more like Concord.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony is doing exactly what they said they would do keep signing partner deals, not go on a spending spree of buying studios.

Sony signing Kojima for his next game pretty much locks him up for almost the remainder of his game making career. Never made sense to buy Kojima Productions.

This is always going to be how they do things.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony has a gazillion great 3rd party exclusives. As an example, the just released Granblue Fantasy Relink plus the ones shown in the State of Play, FFVII Rebirth, Foamstars, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill The Shot Message, ZZZ, Metro Awakening VR.

Plus the first party games shown there like Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Until Dawn, Death Stranding 2, Physint, plus obviously more like Concord.
Again Im talking PS studio exclusives.

Heres my post from 2 other threads:
I want more games from PS studios. If you dont thats cool. Take those PC ports, Remasters and bad decisions which resulted in why there arent more games from PS studios.

If PS Studios like ND, Bend, Bluepoint, Asobo, Sucker Punch etc release a game by (2025-2027) it shouldnt take:

-Bend 6-8 years to release a game
-Asobi 5-7.
-Naughty Dog 5-7 years.
-Sucker punch 5-7 years etc.

-Bluepoint 4 years to remake a new game. They Released Demons Souls only 2 years after Shadow of the Collosus Remake. 2 years!!! To make one of the best looking games this generation. With smaller staff. Not 4-7 years...

I dont care if they were helping ND or Santa Monica. Thats a waste of resources.

I know games take longer now but come on, look at Insomniac and FromSofts output.
Sony should of been expanding there other studios like these guys BEFORE PS5 released.
Its a lack of preparation, and they had all the money to do it. Its not like they are spending 10’s of billions buying publishers and Studios.

The likes of Santa Monica, ND, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint should have multiple games in works and should of released another game by now with there 2nd team or 1st team. As well as a multiplayer games.

This should of been organised before PS5 so they would of all had an output like Insomniac.

-Bluepoint should not of been helping GOW Ragnarok. They mostly work on remakes so they should of had another one ready for this year at minimum, thats 4 years since Demons Souls.

Think about it, They made Demons Souls Remake, 2 years after the Shadow of the Collosus Remake and Demons Souls is PS5 quality, not cross gen….. That means they could have a remake out every 2-3 years. Not 5-7 etc. Plus they should have a bigger team now or multiple teams From when they made Demons Souls.

-Cory Balrog’s game should of been ready by this year, its been 6 years since GOW 2018.

-ND should of had a game ready by now, only a small team was working on Factions. Its been 4 years since TLOU2

-House Marque should have another team making a Resogun like game by now or a multiplayer game. While also working on there bigger IP

-Sucker Punch should have another team working on Sly Cooper game, Infamous remake or new IP. While they work on GOT2

-Team Asobi ( where Im constant being told has Japan studios staff ) should have another game ready by now, Astrobot was a Demo on PS5, it should have another game ready by now. Its been 4 years for a Platformer… 5-7 years by the time it releases....

Things clearly went down and not in a good way, its too many studios taking too long.

Anyway, lets hope 2025 onwards has more consistent output

----

Compared to last generations output by 2017 they had:

-Bloodborne
-Uncharted 4.

We also got:

-Infamous 2nd son
-Killzone ( ok this sucked big time )
-Resogun
-Knack ( The King )
-Driveclub
-Little big planet 3
-Infamous 1st light
-The Order
-Teraway
-Last of us left behind
-The Last Guardian
-Ratchet and Clank

By 2017- same as 2024 for PS4

-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Uncharted Lost Legacy
-GT Sports
-Gravity Rush 2
-Wipeout
-Knack 2 (Return of the King l)
-EveryBody's Golf

No PC ports in sight. And only a couple cross gen titles.
And not including remasters like TLOU or Gravity Rush

And all the smaller games from smaller studios and Japan studios like
-Hohokum,
- Little far princess
-entwined
-"Helldivers" which every goes on about now lol.
And more

----

You dont need to defend them so much. Im just making point about PS studios

Dont care if Bend started there game in 2021, they should of started right away like certain other studios. Or that Bluepoint was helping Santa Monica. This is just a waste.

You might prefer to sacrifice more games for these decisions but Id prefer some more games. Especially over PC ports or studios keeping busy helping others.
Sony has the money to make it happen like they did for Insomniac.

I also dont care about PC ports or remasters. Main studios should not be doing this.
Games take longer to make, but these reasons didnt stop Insomniac or other studios this generation.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony is doing exactly what they said they would do keep signing partner deals, not go on a spending spree of buying studios.
Why not both?
I mean they did buy studios like Haven and others new ones. Plus Insomniac, Bungie too.

Its not gonna spread them thin or anything. Its not Hermen has to go in office and help each studio create games....
They have the money to make it happen

Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yeah. That was my point actually. Sony used the event to make their own Kojima specific announcement, just like MS did and tried to make a big deal out of. It came across to me like “oh you thought that was a big deal? Well check this out.” Highlighting their closer relationship was part of that whole thing.

I definitely think it was a direct response to the way MS did that announcement and tried to embarrass them in the process. And I think it worked personally.
Hideo Kojima - eksbotz announcement: filmed in some cheap green screen, useless phil not even together with Kojima in-person 🤣.

Hideo Kojima - Playstation Physint announcement: Hermen came in personally to shake Kojima hand, Sony flexing that cross-media synergy so hard by filming the announcement in Columbia Pictures lot, feels like Premium announcement 🔥.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Why not both?
I mean they did buy studios like Haven and others new ones. Plus Insomniac, Bungie too.

Its not gonna spread them thin or anything. Its not Hermen has to go in office and help each studio create games....
They have the money to make it happen

They said they are doing both.

But, he added, attempts to build out Sony's growing catalogue of first-party games further may not always mean acquisitions, stressing its interest in partnerships.

"We have a number of ways of looking at this," Lempel said, adding that "in terms of great content, that's where we're focused."

"We've done more M&A [mergers and acquisitions] in the past decade than we've ever done," he said. "We're always looking to work with new partners, whether that's somebody as an external provider … or working with a developer along with the way and then acquiring them later."

I expect if Helldivers 2 does well they are probably next, then Ballistic Moon.

Reactions: Kokoloko

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
“It’ll be like a movie”

He may as well say he’s developing an interactive experience where a Snake lookalike r*pes you for 20 hours.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They said they are doing both.

I expect if Helldivers 2 does well they are probably next, then Ballistic Moon.
Lets hope so. Partnerships dont always mean they will be there in the future.
Especially with Tencent, embracer and MS about.
Ninja Theory was once a partner at times

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Lets hope so. Partnerships dont always mean they will be there in the future.
Especially with Tencent, embracer and MS about.
Ninja Theory was once a partner at times

One is a multiplatform ip owner, one is currently in a death spiral, and the latter is in the process of porting their games to playstation.

I’m not really worried about big acquisitions at this point. The panic went out thte window with inflation

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
He always says he make interactive games…
No one has been able to truly bridge the gap. You always end up with cutscenes that are too long or button prompts sections where the game plays itself. I’m skeptical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko