PlayStation Studios are now promoting competing hardware (Steam Deck)

All Might

10 Jul 2024
Steam Deck GIF by Leroy Patterson

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The entire console market is fragmented between 3 systems meanwhile since PC is more centralized, every storefront counts for one. I wasn't talking about storefronts (because even the chart you linked wasn't talking about them but the playerbase), I was talking about how 1 platform was pretty close to the playerbase of console which is 3. If you removed Xbox (which probably accounts for 5-10% of the console playerbase) PC would be around equal to consoles in terms of younger gens.

This simple fact is why those charts mean nothing to me- It's one platform against 3 and you're acting like that's a fair fight?

oh and btw dying platforms dont break their MAU records frequently bro. spend this, money that, people are joining PC at a speedy rate and that's hard to deny.
No, the chart I've linked here correlates to spend. It's the share of payers (not players) per platform. Note how few of those enormous record-breaking MAUs actually fork over anything.
Slide4-1024x576.png

How many MAUs is that, anyway, as a percentage of total user base? 130 out of how many billion?