PlayStation VR2 launches in February 22, 2023 for $549.99

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Around what I expected both the price and the release date. I will try to get one day 1, but not the bundle, I want physical for my games.

Reactions: TubzGaming

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
PSVR2 is closed to Quest 3 Pro ($1500) than Quest 2.
So I’m not sure that is a point at all.
the point its this thing its FUCKING DEAD ON ARRIVAL at this price on europe,the fucking point its if they want vr to be any semblance of sucessfull they need to have a good entry point to gain a user base and sell games,if you dont have any of the two NOBODY its goin to do DECENT GAMES for the system,this is going to be another vita or worse

the psvr got a small user base from a console who haved much more user base at the time a 400,this is gonna bomb so hard its crazy,of all my vr group 14 of them buyed psvr1 day one,i have asked and NONE of the 14 will buy this ,and they are early adopters of all this kind of shit,man i even buyed the gun control for the psvr

i dont get HOW IN THE FUCKING HELLL people are making comparasions with the quest pro when ITS FUCKING CLEAR that its not a thing made for mainstream adoption,why the fuck are u using that FUCKING EXAMPLE,this thing doesnt have any battery ,any processor or anu memory on it,stop making this STUPID comparasion

this is sony sending VR to die

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The price was just headset, you still needed camera and controllers. 550$ it is.

For 550$ tech involved, it is best in the market. Bar to none. They will sold whole 2M shipment in no time.
i will be here two years from now and i will have a chat with you about,this ,you are blind son,and blind people are part of this problem

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yes, but without PC you get almost Wii-like visuals. It's a very different experience than to play high end VR games running on a PC or PS.
the fact you used the wii is a cautionary tale,best selling games on VR are bear saber style,people who think half life alyx are system sellers are giving any attention how the vr market works
fuck me i doubt i find a guy who loves vr more than me on this forum and im not gonna buy this ,its gonna be a fucking disaster for sony

• brain

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
the point its this thing its FUCKING DEAD ON ARRIVAL at this price on europe,the fucking point its if they want vr to be any semblance of sucessfull they need to have a good entry point to gain a user base and sell games,if you dont have any of the two NOBODY its goin to do DECENT GAMES for the system,this is going to be another vita or worse

the psvr got a small user base from a console who haved much more user base at the time a 400,this is gonna bomb so hard its crazy,of all my vr group 14 of them buyed psvr1 day one,i have asked and NONE of the 14 will buy this ,and they are early adopters of all this kind of shit,man i even buyed the gun control for the psvr

i dont get HOW IN THE FUCKING HELLL people are making comparasions with the quest pro when ITS FUCKING CLEAR that its not a thing made for mainstream adoption,why the fuck are u using that FUCKING EXAMPLE,this thing doesnt have any battery ,any processor or anu memory on it,stop making this STUPID comparasion

this is sony sending VR to die
Dead?
What Sony can produce will be sold at preorder already.

I have fear to miss it day one due the low shipment to Brasil.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Nice, day 1.

I was thinking $599 so $50 cheaper covers tax (almost lol.)

If it was $400 the economics of the damn thing would be DOA. This is probably still a loss leader.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
What are the odds there is a Sony VR Showcase right before pre orders go live? Considering Ragnarok will be released at that stage it is the next big thing for Sony.

D

Deleted member 51

This shit is gonna flop hard.
It's gonna flop hard, ONLY if there's no software. If there's no selling point, it's not gonna have a high attach rate. It needs software. Every device manufacturer knows this, which is why VR games will never sell as good as pancake games. Everyone can see this from sales.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You are being delusional a this Point
What?

Sony is shipping only 2 million units at launch… it won’t even reach the shelves in stores lol

The only sad part is that preorders are made by retail here and not Sony because I can’t even enter in the preorder list yet like in US :(

Preorder here will be up on retail at Nov 15 just like PS5… so unless I got luck with the F5 I won’t have one at launch.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
What?

Sony is shipping only 2 million units at launch… it won’t even reach the shelves in stores lol

The only sad part is that preorders are made by retail here and not Sony because I can’t even enter in the preorder list yet like in US :(

Preorder here will be up on retail at Nov 15 just like PS5… so unless I got luck with the F5 I won’t have one at launch.
PlayStation VR only sold 6 million over the entire course of its life. What makes you think this is going to sell out 2 million instantly on a console with half the numbers that one had at the time which also costs at minimum $150 more while the entire planet is suffering under crushing inflation...

Lmao

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PlayStation VR only sold 6 million over the entire course of its life. What makes you think this is going to sell out 2 million instantly on a console with half the numbers that one had at the time which also costs at minimum $150 more while the entire planet is suffering under crushing inflation...

Lmao

If they produce 2M units, I don't think it will sell all of them, but it will surely sell over 1M. And that's probably more than lifetime sales for the index.

Let it be said that I don't own the Index and that my comments so far have been spec wise. It seems like it's a good value proposition as well in spite of the even higher cost.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
If they produce 2M units, I don't think it will sell all of them, but it will surely sell over 1M. And that's probably more than lifetime sales for the index.

Let it be said that I don't own the Index and that my comments so far have been spec wise. It seems like it's a good value proposition as well in spite of the even higher cost.
It's a good proposition if it has dual functionality, but it's really hard to justify that much money for this just to function on a PlayStation 5 and not a PC as well. If it works on both I would say $550 is fine, but given the console market itself and the general expectation of cost that's just too much regardless of specifications.

• brain

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It's a good proposition if it has dual functionality, but it's really hard to justify that much money for this just to function on a PlayStation 5 and not a PC as well. If it works on both I would say $550 is fine, but given the console market itself and the general expectation of cost that's just too much regardless of specifications.
Hey I just realized, the pre-orders go on sale on November 15th, 2022. That is the 20 year Anniversary of Xbox Live launching!
There! you happy, A nice round 20 year anniversary, no 21, no 11, no 14, or no 16 year anniversary.
Just a good old 2 and 0

D

Deleted member 51

Hey I just realized, the pre-orders go on sale on November 15th, 2022. That is the 20 year Anniversary of Xbox Live launching!
There! you happy, A nice round 20 year anniversary, no 21, no 11, no 14, or no 16 year anniversary.
Just a good old 2 and 0
Is that supposed to be a good thing? I'm honestly curious.

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Is that supposed to be a good thing? I'm honestly curious.
it an be, it just a thing between me and him. He thought it was weird I made a thread about the 22 year anniversary of the PS2, then he thought it was weird that I mentioned in this thread that February 22nd next year happens to be the 11 year anniversary of the vita in North America and the 9 year Anniversary of the PS4 in Japan