PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
This is rich coming from a PlayStation guy, a company who has for decades now paid in an absurd amount of instances to block or keep content off of other platforms.

Miss me with this woe is me nonsense you hypocrites... You reap what you sow.
Moneyhatting (which MS also has a history of) = spending $77bn on publishers to gatekeep their IPs

giphy.gif

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Still shocked MS hasn’t put out a press release statement yet. I figured we’d at least have a kombayah tweet from Phil to try and calm things down like “negation’s are still ongoing, when we all play we all win” or something to that effect. The radio silence makes me think they weren’t prepared for things to go this way. Again, reminds me a bit of e3 2013. I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow to some statement by them.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Even SkillUp is taking potshots at Sony. Their crying is so fucking pathetic. Boo hoo....

Skillup as blind as many. Can’t imagine much objection to ms developing or even sponsoring exclusives - it’s how it’s always been. It is the buying entire publishers that is unique.

Reactions: Ezekiel and SSfox

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Jimbo exposed that Phil Spencer was lying in multiple places, that MS and Activision lied to the regulators from USA or Brazil (not sure if the UK too), and that Microsoft's president was even lying on tv.

I wonder what regulators are going to do now, because they were worried about CoD going exclusive after the existing deal with Activision. Seems MS offered to expand it for only 3 extra years more, and who knows under what conditions.

CoD represents a tiny percentage of Sony's game revenue (pretty likely under $1B out of their $25B aprox. per year) or game sales in PS (maybe around 10M or max. around 15M per year out of over 300M games sold for PS per year). Plus PS is in a multiyear growing pattern with a higher percentage growth higher than what CoD represents for them. Meaning that if they lose CoD they won't notice it because that growth will compensate it. Plus many PS users also own an Xbox or gaming PC so if PS loses CoD they wouldn't leave PS, they'd simply pay CoD in the other console. And other ones simply would move to other game if don't have CoD without leaving PS. Only a small portion of the around 10M who may buy CoD on PS would follow it and would leave PS.

So losing CoD won't mean a shit for PS, plus Sony has Destiny 2 plus are making new Bungie IPs and getting new IPs from the ex-Bungie guys and the ex-CoD guys, plus apparently is getting some other shooters from PS Studios internal teams.

Sony also sold like double the consoles and games subs than MS, so MS is way far from being a serious competitor for Sony. So if regulators look at the numbers they could think there's no problem for CoD going exclusive.

But what are the consequences for MS if they are caught lying to multiple regulators and their investors as just happened? Could the regulators stop and kill the acquisition because of that?

Even SkillUp is taking potshots at Sony. Their crying is so fucking pathetic. Boo hoo....
Jimbo wasn't crying, only did expose a loser who publicly lied about having signed an agreement with Sony that doesn't exist. And that loser also lied to regulators about plans with Sony that doesn't exist. So he had to say 'hey, this is a lie. They did offer this other thing instead, which is the opposite that what they want you to think'.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Jimbo exposed that Phil Spencer was lying in multiple places, that MS and Activision lied to the regulators from USA or Brazil (not sure if the UK too), and that Microsoft's president was even lying on tv.

I wonder what regulators are going to do now, because they were worried about CoD going exclusive after the existing deal with Activision. Seems MS offered to expand it for only 3 extra years more, and who knows under what conditions.

CoD represents a tiny percentage of Sony's game revenue (pretty likely under $1B out of their $25B aprox. per year) or game sales in PS (maybe around 10M or max. around 15M per year out of over 300M games sold for PS per year). Plus PS is in a multiyear growing pattern with a higher percentage growth higher than what CoD represents for them. Meaning that if they lose CoD they won't notice it because that growth will compensate it. Plus many PS users also own an Xbox or gaming PC so if PS loses CoD they wouldn't leave PS, they'd simply pay CoD in the other console. And other ones simply would move to other game if don't have CoD without leaving PS. Only a small portion of the around 10M who may buy CoD on PS would follow it and would leave PS.

So losing CoD won't mean a shit for PS, plus Sony has Destiny 2 plus are making new Bungie IPs and getting new IPs from the ex-Bungie guys and the ex-CoD guys, plus apparently is getting some other shooters from PS Studios internal teams.

Sony also sold like double the consoles and games subs than MS, so MS is way far from being a serious competitor for Sony. So if regulators look at the numbers they could think there's no problem for CoD going exclusive.

But what are the consequences for MS if they are caught lying to multiple regulators and their investors as just happened? Could the regulators stop and kill the acquisition because of that?
There was ZERO lying and at no point in this thread has anyone provided a single example of anyone lying about this deal. None, no one.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Still shocked MS hasn’t put out a press release statement yet. I figured we’d at least have a kombayah tweet from Phil to try and calm things down like “negation’s are still ongoing, when we all play we all win” or something to that effect. The radio silence makes me think they weren’t prepared for things to go this way. Again, reminds me a bit of e3 2013. I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow to some statement by them.
It's great to see Spencer exposed for the phony he is though. He deffo comes across as a grade A narcissist who feeds off the admiration of gamers.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
There was ZERO lying and at no point in this thread has anyone provided a single example of anyone lying about this deal. None, no one.
I provided links a shit tons of times on this thread about Phil Spencer, Microsoft, Microsoft's president and even the SEC filing mentioning about they wanting to keep CoD and the other big ABK IPs on PS, Phil the other day even specifying that mentioned Sony that would keep it there day one and fully featured "for AT LEAST several years (not 3) " and with a "signed agreement", that they "want to bring CoD to more platforms, not to less", even mentioning multiple times Minecraft as example, like did with the SEC. And also said regulators that they wouldn't make CoD console exclusive because it wouldn't be profitable for them. Their president even said on TV that they not only wanted to keep it on PS beyond their existing deal with Sony, but that they had plans to bring CoD to Switch!

They always said stuff like that. Absolutely never said that their plan was go console exclusive after the ABK+Sony deal ends and that if something they'd expand it three years more and who knows what conditions requested MS to do that. Go and check the gazillion other threads we have about this topic, you'll see posts from myself quoting a lot of sources showing several examples, here or in gaf. Won't search all of them again.

If what Jimbo says it's true MS, Phil and Microsoft's president clearly lied to multiple regulators, to their investors and to the customers.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I provided links a shit tons of times on this thread about Phil Spencer, Microsoft, Microsoft's president and even the SEC filing mentioning about they wanting to keep CoD and the other big ABK IPs on PS, Phil the other day even specifying that mentioned Sony that would keep it there day one and fully featured "for AT LEAST several years (not 3) " and with a "signed agreement", that they "want to bring CoD to more platforms, not to less", even mentioning multiple times Minecraft as example, like did with the SEC. And also said regulators that they wouldn't make CoD console exclusive because it wouldn't be profitable for them. Their president even said on TV that they not only wanted to keep it on PS beyond their existing deal with Sony, but that they had plans to bring CoD to Switch!

They always said stuff like that. Absolutely never said that their plan was go console exclusive after the ABK+Sony deal ends and that if something they'd expand it three years more and who knows what conditions requested MS to do that. Go and check the gazillion other threads we have about this topic, you'll see posts from myself quoting a lot of sources showing several examples, here or in gaf. Won't search all of them again.

If what Jimbo says it's true MS, Phil and Microsoft's president clearly lied to multiple regulators, to their investors and to the customers.
Them saying they want to keep CoD on PlayStation has no specificity in terms of for how long.

Not a lie.

Several in nearly any circle of discussion in almost every situation implies 3.

Not a lie.

They brought CoD to Steam, it will be streamable via xCloud and on GamePass. There's your more platforms.

Not a lie.

You have to read between the lines. You people are putting yourselves into what they've said and not logic. Again, not a single lie.

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
Just tuned into the iron lord podcasts and less than 3 minutes in of listening it’s “Microsoft is going to do to Sony what America did to Japan in ww2.” Xbox fandom man
I don’t know if it’s just me but that just sounds racist.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Jim Ryan comes a cross like a little pussy. Now I hope that not only the acquisition is approved but Xbox gets the green light to be able to make CoD exclusive to Xbox/PC.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Making call backs to the Us using atomic weapons on civilians isn’t nationalism you ass.
Imagine being you and so up your own ass that you call out the guy trying to help you instead of the one accusing you of racism....

R

Status
Not open for further replies.