Project Q leaks

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
You will sadly need to make your peace for hoping to see another traditional handheld by Sony. You need to much of manpower & resources to cater both hardware pieces: home console and handheld. If Vita would have sold like PSP then we would have another classic handheld. But it didn’t so it’s hopeless. This is just an accessory, not really a handheld. But it’s not completely useless it confirmed to run Android, so you c an at least install PSP and PS Vita Emulators. If the price tag is reasonable I will get one. Extremely helpful for old PS4 games and titles where you need to grind a lot. Perfect for days being cozy.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Confortability + function > looks.
Switch is uncomfortable as hell. I wish there was something to grip on instead buying 3rd party add ons just to look like this
Switch is all of what you described.

This thing looks like a Fisher price tablet with a DualSense

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The switch isn’t comfortable and doesn’t play ps5 games

…and it looks even more like a fisher price toy
But the Switch is comfortable to me and its definitely a great product.

The build quality of this thing looks abysmal.

If it has a good OS that allows us to access PS+ then maybe. But who exactly is that excited to play compressed PS5 games over WiFi?

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Also, sony want people playing games on ps5 longer, this isn’t made to be the biggest selling handheld to rival the switch or even the steamdeck. Its to keep their audience locked into their eco system.

Its worth it for them to not price it outrageously because people will spend more money in and on games if they are spending more time playing games.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
But the Switch is comfortable to me and its definitely a great product.

Cool, for me it isn’t. The buttons and analog sticks are tiny and holding it for long periods of time is uncomfortable in my palms.

I’ll take something that feels like a dualsense or pro controller any day of the week over joy-cons

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Cool, for me it isn’t. The buttons and analog sticks are tiny and holding it for long periods of time is uncomfortable in my palms.

I’ll take something that feels like a dualsense or pro controller any day of the week over joy-cons
Well currently we don't know how thing will even feel in our hands so strange to be vouging for it already.

If the price is okay I'll get one but I'm still not impressed with how cheap it looks.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
$99.99 for mass consumer adoption. Anything higher and you'll get mild adoption at best or DOA.

From the PSP and Vita to that. Only this leadership and administration.
They could give it away for free and there still wouldn’t be “mass consumer adoption” 😂

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Well currently we don't know how thing will even feel in our hands so strange to be vouging for it already.

If the price is okay I'll get one but I'm still not impressed with how cheap it looks.

It literally looks like a dualsense split in half, i will be very surprised if its not more comfortable than holding two joy cons

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
50USD or flop
50, 80$ 😂
You guys kidding? Dualsense cost the same or more.
This thing will be at least 150$.
$99.99 for mass consumer adoption. Anything higher and you'll get mild adoption at best or DOA.

From the PSP and Vita to that. Only this leadership and administration.

A dual sense already is 70 bucks. Ducktape it with a 8" phone shaped (16:9 tablet) tablet with a touchscreen and hardware to stream.

Making a big effort selling it at a loss (something pretty likely they won't do) would be around $200. A more realistic price is at least minimum $299.

They will want to take profit from it: they are a company, not a charity.

This won't target the mainstream it will target instead the highend/premium accesories niche market, like the DualSense Edge (249€), 3D pulse headset, PSVR2 or Inzone displays.

Also, sony want people playing games on ps5 longer, this isn’t made to be the biggest selling handheld to rival the switch or even the steamdeck. Its to keep their audience locked into their eco system.
This isn't made to be handheld.

It's a PS5 gamepad with a display to play your PS5 games while the family is using the tv or when you're in the bathroom.

What happens when you get stick drift or faulty triggers?
Same than in a DualSense, Switch, etc. Replaced it if under guarantee, if not fix it yourself or send it to repair to the customer support service or elsewhere.

Switch is all of what you described.
Joycons aren't good enough for me: buttons are too small and close to each other, the dpad is too bad and ergonomy isn't good enough for long sessions. Switch Pro controller instead is great for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's a PS5 gamepad with a display to play your PS5 games while the family is using the tv or when you're in the bathroom.

Yeah, they simply just want people on the ps5 longer even when they can’t play it on tv, a lot of japanese consumers would love this

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, they simply just want people on the ps5 longer even when they can’t play it on tv, a lot of japanese consumers would love this
Yep, you'll be able to play in the bed too in a separate room that isn't too far and if there aren't huge walls in the middle.

So in the average Japanese house, which are pretty small and with very thin walls you'll be able to play in the whole house.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Looks like the worst Sony gaming device of all time. Congratulations Jim.
Let me introduce you to the PSOne portable:
omb3fgym86g71.jpg

Maybe it was an addon, I can't remember... still sad.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
A dual sense already is 70 bucks. Ducktape it with a 8" phone shaped (16:9 tablet) tablet with a touchscreen and hardware to stream.

Making a big effort selling it at a loss (something pretty likely they won't do) would be around $200. A more realistic price is at least minimum $299.

They will want to take profit from it: they are a company, not a charity.

This won't target the mainstream it will target instead the highend/premium accesories niche market, like the DualSense Edge (249€), 3D pulse headset, PSVR2 or Inzone displays.

This isn't made to be handheld.

Same than in a DualSense, Switch, etc. Replaced it if under guarantee, if not fix it yourself or send it to repair to the customer support service or elsewhere.

Joycons aren't good enough for me: buttons are too small and close to each other, the dpad is too bad and ergonomy isn't good enough for long sessions. Switch Pro controller instead is great for me.
Bro you can get 7 inch android tablets for under $50 retail from amazon. This thing is gonna be DoA at more than $150.

D

Deleted member 223

Nintendo Switch is $299. Lol at $200-$299 being realistic - that is DOA price.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Bro you can get 7 inch android tablets for under $50 retail from amazon. This thing is gonna be DoA at more than $150.
Yes but these tablets don't have a Sony display, remember how good the Vita display was. This one won't be OLED to reduce price, but I think won't be a lowest end one.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
It’ll be worth it for whatever exploits come out for the thing.

Right now I can’t think of anything because it’s a streaming device but we shall see.