PS5 has sold more than 533,000 units In February NPD, breaking the record set by PS2 in 2005

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Now is the time to leverage all that market dominance to drive MS out of the console business for good. Sony should go on the offense and invest on PlayStation like never before.

Last edited:

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
OMG... the more publishers MSFT buy, the better PlayStation sells.

MSFT better buy another soon...

That's their only hope now
Screenshot-20230329-191023-Chrome.jpg

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
So we went from next year will be the year of the Xbox to next gen will be the gen of the Xbox. How long does it take these people to realize that nobody outside the US/UK cares for Xbox, since they're doing the worst possible job catering to these markets? And now we're seeing, that even in their home turf people are getting more and more aware that the green ship has been sinking since the second half of the 360 era and moving to the Switch/PlayStation side.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Screenshot-20230329-191023-Chrome.jpg
Phil Spencer's plan according to Xbox fans: to do so poorly that they are allowed to spend more than PlayStation is worth to compete with PlayStation.

Knowing MS they'll have changed direction completely by next gen if things don't dramatically change in their favor and the possibility of Xbox, Cloud and Gamepass all failing in the next few years is pretty high given that not a single on of them is doing well right now.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I feel like people who are hoping that something drastically changes next gen or even late this gen are understimating how invested people will be to an ecosystem.

We've seen this with apple in mobile, and i feel like with the growing digital libraries and if playstasion continues improving it's ecosystem, it's gonna be very hard for people to move platforms.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I feel like people who are hoping that something drastically changes next gen or even late this gen are understimating how invested people will be to an ecosystem.

We've seen this with apple in mobile, and i feel like with the growing digital libraries and if playstasion continues improving it's ecosystem, it's gonna be very hard for people to move platforms.
If all else fails MS will buy GTA 7 exclusivity in 2045 to save Xbox, or so Xbox fans think. Xbox needs to go the way of the Zune and then Xbox, Bethesda, Activision, Blizzard will each just be another EA, Take Two, Ubisoft.

I think they are one disappointing Starfield launch away from packing it in and going PC/mobile/cloud only if Sony pulls the rigth moves.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer's plan according to Xbox fans: to do so poorly that they are allowed to spend more than PlayStation is worth to compete with PlayStation.

Knowing MS they'll have changed direction completely by next gen if things don't dramatically change in their favor and the possibility of Xbox, Cloud and Gamepass all failing in the next few years is pretty high given that not a single on of them is doing well right now.
The Series S was created and designed to be cheap to gain marketshare and sales but has failed to do so. So then they shifted to cloud, but that was going nowhere. Now its "mobile store front and app", now its US governemt investigating market share splits, thats the next frontier for them. I expect if/when this activsion deal goes through theyll close up shop for all studios and projects not under bethesda and activison and youll see massive lay offs and team closures at those companies too.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is the kind of flawed logic CMA would leave themselves open to if they approve the deal. Basically because Xbox is doing so bad in the console space they are allowed to gobble up publishers. I need this acquisition to fail just to see the Xbots seethe and see their last hope of surviving this gen diminish.
Exactly. Sony would never be able to buy anyone while MS would be able to keep growing despite being rejected by the market again and again.

The Series S was created and designed to be cheap to gain marketshare and sales but has failed to do so. So then they shifted to cloud, but that was going nowhere. Now its "mobile store front and app", now its US governemt investigating market share splits, thats the next frontier for them. I expect if/when this activsion deal goes through theyll close up shop for all studios and projects not under bethesda and activison and youll see massive lay offs and team closures at those companies too.
They'll just go third party at this rate, they keep growing in size but none of their products grows at the same pace.They can only ignore the lack of success for so long.

Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sure. If Salty Nutela and Philonokio stays there. We re 4 years at least from next gen.
What if new ceo see 100B spent on division posting loses and going nowhere? Going to keep spending billions to cover loses? Doubtfull.
MS has an easy out, going third party. If their confidence in their subscription/cloud future falters at any point they'll pull the plug, it's getting borderline irrational how much focus they put on trying to replace PlayStation.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sure. If Salty Nutela and Philonokio stays there. We re 4 years at least from next gen.
What if new ceo see 100B spent on division posting loses and going nowhere? Going to keep spending billions to cover loses? Doubtfull.
The moment either Satya or Phil leave on of their positions, Xbox hardware division is officially dead. I don't think any reasonable executive is going to keep the fight going once they see their strategy is failing. Phil is only keeping it going because he was also a part of the Xbox one train wreck, and Satya is just listening to the sweet promises that Phil puts in his ear about "cloud" and "1 billion users". The minute that feedback loop breaks up Xbox will see a radical change.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
MS has an easy out, going third party. If their confidence in their subscription/cloud future falters at any point they'll pull the plug, it's getting borderline irrational how much focus they put on trying to replace PlayStation.
Theyre playing the long game! Blowing over 100 billion dollars to stop the evil japanese gaming empire will be worth it!