PS5 has sold more than 533,000 units In February NPD, breaking the record set by PS2 in 2005

D

Deleted member 417

The market - "Do what Sony and Nintendo do. We like that, it works"
Microsoft - "Here's 80 billion to ignore what the market wants"
also Microsoft - "Why are we last all the time?!!?"

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah It’s beyond ridiculous having the gaming media cheering for him when he was part of the Xbox one decisions.
Even saddler is having their fanbase looking at him as some kind of messiah.

I still think PC was a decision to expand the studios income because the jump to x86 architecture made that decision very easy.
Even worse, he was put in charge of Xbox Studios mid 360 gen and their first party output collapsed immediately and since then and never recovered.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
No, seventy senators have already confirmed that this statistic was deliberately falsified by Sony. Spencer, his entire family, Bill's entire workforce and Andrea Pizzipuzzi from Twitter also support this thesis. Please do not intentionally submit Pro Sony themes here without further background knowledge. At least you have to ask the well-known insider Tom's hut or similar beforehand. Signed the .... Independent front supported by Microsoft free spirits.
Jane Krakowski Fly GIF by Apple TV+

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I still think PC was a decision to expand the studios income because the jump to x86 architecture made that decision very easy.
Sure, but likely assuming they would sell drastically more than what they are selling. PC made sense for legacy titles, GaaS and some select titles, taking the focus away from PS5 was an obvious mistake (even if not a costly one).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I feel like people who are hoping that something drastically changes next gen or even late this gen are understimating how invested people will be to an ecosystem.

We've seen this with apple in mobile, and i feel like with the growing digital libraries and if playstasion continues improving it's ecosystem, it's gonna be very hard for people to move platforms.
They is why I agree with the point that CoD will suffer more without PlayStation than PlayStation without it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
People keep calling for Jim Ryan's head on a plate on forums/Twitter but in the real world Sony is breaking records under him.

I think it's time for people to stop lying to themselves and admit Jim is fantastic at his job and that they themselves don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
Jim made mistakes… minor but made mistakes… to the point to ask his head? No, he is being very successful.

Now imagine a guy that make falses promises and are keep in the same job for close a decade even failing to bring a successful business…

Series is doing worst than Xbox One.
Maybe MS will realize the issue was never Dom Mattrick.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Sure, but likely assuming they would sell drastically more than what they are selling. PC made sense for legacy titles, GaaS and some select titles, taking the focus away from PS5 was an obvious mistake (even if not a costly one).
It is extra income but yeah pc gamers will not jump, they will wait. Did it devalued? No or at least not as if you compare Xbox with gamepass.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It is extra income but yeah pc gamers will not jump, they will wait. Did it devalued? No or at least not as if you compare Xbox with gamepass.
Any PC player can now play premium PS games for free the same day they release on PC and get the exact same experience given that so far pretty much every game was single player only.

If you think that people willing to change their steam accounts to Argentina/Turkey won't pirate if given the choice between 0$ and full price? That's how a game like TLoU Pt I ends up with so few sales.

What percentage of people playing Switch games on Yuzu you think wouldn't pirate Nintendo games? Nintendo gets it, they always do, that's why they make so much money with their games, they know how not to devalue their products.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Any PC player can now play premium PS games for free the same day they release on PC and get the exact same experience given that so far pretty much every game was single player only.

If you think that people willing to change their steam accounts to Argentina/Turkey won't pirate if given the choice between 0$ and full price... that's how a game like TLoU Pt I ends up with so few sales.

What percentage of people playing Switch games on Yuzu you think wouldn't pirate Nintendo games? Nintendo gets it, they always do and that's why they make so much money with their games, they know how not to devalue their products.
Wait PC gamers still pirate games? I though it stopped and became an Apple thing, because it’s easier and there’s not a lot games to that platform…

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wait PC gamers still pirate games? I though it stopped and became an Apple thing, because it’s easier and there’s not a lot games to that platform…
Of course they still pirate games. A lot of AAA games use Denuvo now though which has been increasingly difficult to penetrate so a lot of AAA games simply don't get cracked like they used to. The funny thing is the cracked version of TLoU PC has fixes for the stuttering problems included... the big irony of PC gaming is that people aren't willing to pay unless the game is pristine, so publishers actively make the paid versions shittier via invasive DRM and thus there's more incentive to use the stolen versions. Vicious cycle really.

• brain
Reactions: Umar and Zeroing

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Hey, if only Jim was good enough to win video games management awards!

That guy is a tool, he should just leave his position for Sony to hire uncle Phil Award Spencer to lead the PSX in the future with his services and controllers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Cheap prices and Denuvo are the only things that get in the way of piracy on PC. The demand will always be there given how easy it is compares to doing so on consoles.

Have you noticed how many PC folks hate Sony for not porting everything day one on PC but don't show the same hatred towards Nintendo? That's because they can just emulate their games 99.99% of the time with a shared ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Someone must fire Jim Ryan to stop this MS monopoly! The PC ports and the GaaS are destroying everything! Quick, do something! PS is doomed! More deails here.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony has the most successful new IPs out of any platform owner I think. Nintendo sticks to its evergreen titles that its been making for decades, Xbox is xbox releasing nothing, while last gen Sony debuted horizon, ghost of tsushima, first spiderman, days gone, detroit, and bloodborne. this gen we already got returnal, and wolverine to look forward to. Out of Deviation, Haven, and Firesprite I would guess one of their new IPs will hit it big. I just wish Sony would hurry up and do a showcase so we can actually see all these new things their studios are working on.
Remember they also have Bungie working on multiple new IPs, plus there are also Sony new IPs coming from Firewalk, Bend, London Studio, Ballistic Moon and maybe even also even from Santa Monica, ND, Asobi, Bluepoint, Housemarque or Pixel Opus. Plus they are also publishing stuff like Stellar Blade or Rise of the Ronin.

Sony is working on a shit ton of games, and many of them are new IPs. As always, some of them will become a big hit.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
That's their only hope now
Screenshot-20230329-191023-Chrome.jpg
We used to say war has changed, but now competition has changed. Bots on ree are sony haters still mad over sega and moved on to xbox to cope.
MS and bots biggest issue is failing to realize the world have gave up on xbox as a brand. Sony is not kicking their ass because Sony is that good, its too wide of a gap for it to be just that. The world gave up on xbox, they need to rebrand.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Someone must fire Jim Ryan to stop this MS monopoly! The PC ports and the GaaS are destroying everything! Quick, do something! PS is doomed! More deails here.
Shhhhh, no holding back. This what's happening with Sony just going about their business. I want them to go for it, like on the late PS3 and early PS4 days.