PS5 has sold more than 533,000 units In February NPD, breaking the record set by PS2 in 2005

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
That's their only hope now
Screenshot-20230329-191023-Chrome.jpg
The "next gen battle" again.
Fuck me

the-dude-give-up.gif

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Tlous 2 was cheap as hell and charted? Oh boy

I wonder how many of these people didn't play the game because of the spoilers outrage and fake narratives. Enjoy this masterpiece.

Reactions: ethomaz

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So we went from next year will be the year of the Xbox to next gen will be the gen of the Xbox. How long does it take these people to realize that nobody outside the US/UK cares for Xbox, since they're doing the worst possible job catering to these markets? And now we're seeing, that even in their home turf people are getting more and more aware that the green ship has been sinking since the second half of the 360 era and moving to the Switch/PlayStation side.

Their focus on dude bro shit and console warring only has an effect on the highly tribal and juvenile US mentality. Most people I know in Europe quite frankly hate that mindset.

While it's concerning that Sony hasn't yet delivered the goods in the form of new successful IP bar a couple of exceptions, if they manage to do it, no amount of publisher acquisitions will take their crown and make Xbox relevant.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Their focus on dude bro shit and console warring only has an effect on the highly tribal and juvenile US mentality. Most people I know in Europe quite frankly hate that mindset.

While it's concerning that Sony hasn't yet delivered the goods in the form of new successful IP bar a couple of exceptions, if they manage to do it, no amount of publisher acquisitions will take their crown and make Xbox relevant.
Sony has the most successful new IPs out of any platform owner I think. Nintendo sticks to its evergreen titles that its been making for decades, Xbox is xbox releasing nothing, while last gen Sony debuted horizon, ghost of tsushima, first spiderman, days gone, detroit, and bloodborne. this gen we already got returnal, and wolverine to look forward to. Out of Deviation, Haven, and Firesprite I would guess one of their new IPs will hit it big. I just wish Sony would hurry up and do a showcase so we can actually see all these new things their studios are working on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Won't change as long as phil is in charge as he is a juvenile dudebro

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
So we went from next year will be the year of the Xbox to next gen will be the gen of the Xbox. How long does it take these people to realize that nobody outside the US/UK cares for Xbox, since they're doing the worst possible job catering to these markets? And now we're seeing, that even in their home turf people are getting more and more aware that the green ship has been sinking since the second half of the 360 era and moving to the Switch/PlayStation side.
Omg do not talk me about the ship, it reminds me of that IGN articles about how Phill Spencer “turned the ship into the right direction” and that was some years ago.
That MS can manipulate the media we already know but that is not enough to save Xbox. I’m always baffled how Xbox still has a fanbase.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Won't change as long as phil is in charge as he is a juvenile dudebro
Wow idk how i never thought of that, phil IS the dude bro streotype. Thats probably why they want him to be face of the brand so bad because they think he represents their hardcore base. I think regardless of the outcome of this activsion deal, phil (and his cronies like greenberg) steps down when its over. Theyre clearly setting sarah bond up to be the next face of Xbox. I do think she'll be less media prominent and present a softer touch. Theyll use her to transition from this insane console warrior fanboy cult theyve been cultivating to the mobile store front operation. Thats my theory anyways.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
People keep calling for Jim Ryan's head on a plate on forums/Twitter but in the real world Sony is breaking records under him.

I think it's time for people to stop lying to themselves and admit Jim is fantastic at his job and that they themselves don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
No, seventy senators have already confirmed that this statistic was deliberately falsified by Sony. Spencer, his entire family, Bill's entire workforce and Andrea Pizzipuzzi from Twitter also support this thesis. Please do not intentionally submit Pro Sony themes here without further background knowledge. At least you have to ask the well-known insider Tom's hut or similar beforehand. Signed the .... Independent front supported by Microsoft free spirits.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
People keep calling for Jim Ryan's head on a plate on forums/Twitter but in the real world Sony is breaking records under him.

I think it's time for people to stop lying to themselves and admit Jim is fantastic at his job and that they themselves don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
His PC strategy is absolutely horrible and I will stick by that. The Playstation brand is strong enough however to be a must have even with the devaluing of its first party.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Omg do not talk me about the ship, it reminds me of that IGN articles about how Phill Spencer “turned the ship into the right direction” and that was some years ago.
That MS can manipulate the media we already know but that is not enough to save Xbox. I’m always baffled how Xbox still has a fanbase.
Phil Spencer is the guy that built the ship, a ship that can't even float without money being pumped into it.

The biggest Xbox problem (lack of games over the last 15 years) can be tied directly to Phil Spencer all along.

The media narrative is going to collapse soon given the undeniable success of the PS5. They got pretty much everything wrong, specially the part of Xbox being pro-consumer/good for gamers.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Comedian!

Because phil thought relying on the series s was a tactical genius move. They blew there limited wafer allocation for the series s.

Let's see what someone who know what he is doing has to say about a console like the series s.

One thing that can be said is that if you look at the history of the game business, creating a special low priced, reduced spec console is something that has not had great results in the past. We’ve considered that option and seen other executives who have attempted this discover how problematic it is. - Jim Ryan

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Phil Spencer is the guy that built the ship, a ship that can't even float without money being pumped into it.

The biggest Xbox problem (lack of games over the last 15 years) can be tied directly to Phil Spencer all along.

The media narrative is going to collapse soon given the undeniable success of the PS5. They got pretty much everything wrong, specially the part of Xbox being pro-consumer/good for gamers.
Yeah It’s beyond ridiculous having the gaming media cheering for him when he was part of the Xbox one decisions.
Even saddler is having their fanbase looking at him as some kind of messiah.
His PC strategy is absolutely horrible and I will stick by that. The Playstation brand is strong enough however to be a must have even with the devaluing of its first party.
I still think PC was a decision to expand the studios income because the jump to x86 architecture made that decision very easy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029