PS5 Pro: Colin Moriarty says a 3rd party publisher was recently given a presentation for the pro, 1st & 2nd-parties have specs. Do we really need it?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Square Enix devs choose these visuals… not PS5 fault here.

They will fix it btw.

It is the always release asap to fix later.
As day 1 buyer of most titles that really makes me mad… having to wait weeks to have what the game could be at launch 🤷‍♂️
Yeah thts on the devs not the hardware.

Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

They will fix it btw.

As day 1 buyer of most titles that really makes me mad… having to wait weeks to have what the game could be at launch 🤷‍♂️

How much do you think they can actually “fix” tho? It’s sorta a big ask. 1080p 60fps would be nice. Have they gone an added FSR 2 to FF16? Ff15 was a mess till mid gen consoles. They kinda set the bar already on expectations. Square isn’t the best at this stuff.

If you’re a stickler about it tho it’ll pay off to play on ps5 pro. That’s the current plan here.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024

They will fix it btw.

"They will fix it"?

I'm willing to bet you have not followed any of SE's communication and past updates about this game when making this claim and are just making uninformed assumptions. You seem to think you're imparting some wisdom upon me somehow.

They said they would fix it with an update to the demo before the game launched and it still looked bad.

They've done their "fix" already. We need a PS5 Pro to run this game at 60 without it looking like ass.
This has nothing to do with the PS5 hardware...
It has everything to do with the hardware. PS5 does not have the power to run that game in graphics mode at 60 FPS. A PS5 Pro with improved specs could. My PC is running Remake in native 4K at 120 FPS.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gamernyc78

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
“Need” isn’t the way to view this. The Pro model last gen never felt like something Sony pushed on everyone, but a subset of people who just wanted that option for a more powerful machine. So to that end I don’t see what difference it makes to bring it to market this year.

Games will be updated to take advantage of the new specs, but that only benefits ppl like me who stay with a deep backlog. I doubt many will double back just so they can play whatever game at a higher resolution and frame rate.

Then of course you’ll have the Rockstars of the world who will refuse to apply any sort of patch to their game (RDR2).

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
“Need” isn’t the way to view this.
"Need" is, of course, in relative terms within the framework of discussing video games. There's no "need" for video games at all.

But for the games coming out now to hit 60 frames per second without making unwanted compromises to their appearance, more robust hardware is becoming required. Also known as needed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How much do you think they can actually “fix” tho? It’s sorta a big ask. 1080p 60fps would be nice. Have they gone an added FSR 2 to FF16? Ff15 was a mess till mid gen consoles. They kinda set the bar already on expectations. Square isn’t the best at this stuff.

If you’re a stickler about it tho it’ll pay off to play on ps5 pro. That’s the current plan here.
At least most of the blurry image will be gone… it is not hardware related it is more like some filter they implemented it is not working like intendedz

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
At least most of the blurry image will be gone… it is not hardware related it is more like some filter they implemented it is not working like intendedz
They clearly had to dial down the settings of the post-processing pipeline to achieve something approaching the look as intended while still hitting 60 FPS. There was already an attempt at tweaking it while maintaining the frame rate target like I pointed out in my last reply to you, and it still looks bad. More robust hardware is clearly required for it to look good and hit 60 FPS.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"They will fix it"?

I'm willing to bet you have not followed any of SE's communication and past updates about this game when making this claim and are just making uninformed assumptions. You seem to think you're imparting some wisdom upon me somehow.

They said they would fix it with an update to the demo before the game launched and it still looked bad.

They've done their "fix" already. We need a PS5 Pro to run this game at 60 without it looking like ass.

It has everything to do with the hardware. PS5 does not have the power to run that game in graphics mode at 60 FPS. A PS5 Pro with improved specs could. My PC is running Remake in native 4K at 120 FPS.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

?

I’m talking about the game released… what the demo has to do with their fixing the visual issues in the actual game shipped?

And yes, I’m following Square Enix communication…

We’ve received a lot of feedback on whether the graphics in the performance mode will be improved or not. We hear you, and we are currently working on an update patch to improve that aspect. I don’t think the release date would be far away from now.”

Two day ago interview.

In a industry that have 99% of the games fixed after launch it is no surprise to anybody 🤷‍♂️

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
And yet saying that first party games day one on PC is detrimental to their console sales is some sort of heresy. You're a joke.
There's no inconsistency. The point of day and date PC is to SELL MORE VIDEOGAMES. Pro model makes no difference on that.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
?

I’m talking about the game released… what the demo has to do with their fixing the visual issues in the actual game shipped?

And yes, I’m following Square Enix communication…

The same "improvements" applied to the demo were applied to the full game, per the X post that I embedded.

This piece you are linking from a regional media outlet I've never heard of does not have any kind of source for its quotes from Hamaguchi, nor does it have any kind of date on the quote. It's highly possible that it's an out-of-date quote referring to the update that already rolled out as described by the official post from Square-Enix on X that I embedded.

Two day ago interview.

In a industry that have 99% of the games fixed after launch it is no surprise to anybody 🤷‍♂️
I'll reiterate. I read the piece. I saw the date on the piece. I did not see any sourcing for the quotes, nor did I see any kind of date for the quotes.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
There's no inconsistency. The point of day and date PC is to SELL MORE VIDEOGAMES. Pro model makes no difference on that.

Another thread derailed by you with your day and date PC drivel.

The point of Sony software is to get people to buy their Hardware.

You have literally shown your ulterior motives right here.

What’s wrong with upgrading hardware? You PC gamers do that all the time right?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I know it was mess and I think it did get a little drop but not sure.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The same "improvements" applied to the demo were applied to the full game, per the X post that I embedded.

This piece you are linking from a regional media outlet I've never heard of does not have any kind of source for its quotes from Hamaguchi, nor does it have any kind of date on the quote. It's highly possible that it's an out-of-date quote referring to the update that already rolled out as described by the official post from Square-Enix on X that I embedded.

I'll reiterate. I read the piece. I saw the date on the piece. I did not see any sourcing for the quotes, nor did I see any kind of date for the quotes.
The game launched… what the demo has to do with it? I did not even play the demo.

I’m talking about the launch game in Feb 29.

BTW the interview was done at Philippine Rebirth launch event you can see pics here if you are still dubious lol

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Another thread derailed by you with your day and date PC drivel.

The point of Sony software is to get people to buy their Hardware.

You have literally shown your ulterior motives right here.

What’s wrong with upgrading hardware? You PC gamers do that all the time right?
IN THE PAST the point of Sony software was to get people to buy their hardware.

The current plan is to "proactively" grow the first party through multiplatforms. There is a "synergy" to building strong first party content on Playstation along with other platforms such as computers.

2:36

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Did the og PS4 get a price drop with the announcement/launch of the PS4pro?
Unlike PS4, PS5 production costs are going up. The Slim PS5 is more expensive to make than the OG PS5. This is the first generation where it is the case. If there is a PS5 Pro, it will cost $650 minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: xollowsob