PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If mid-gen is a new pattern, I'll skip out on initial generation hardware and wait 4yrs for mid-gen.
A new console every 3.5 years is not bad. You will be playing new games with best possible performance on static hardware. But at the end, it's a matter of choice. It's up to you, your preference, and your budget.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PS5 Pro could be weaker than Ps5, I am still buying Day 1
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yea, that's the real story.. but it makes sense. It's not going to be a generation ahead of the PS5. Very interesting that they mention hardware RT acceleration. Many people were saying that the PS5/XSX had hardware ray tracing when it didn't have what Nvidia had. It now finally has what Nvidia has designed a long time ago.
What nonsense is this? Both the PS5 and the Series X have hardware accelerated ray tracing. AMD still can't touch Nvidia in RT performance

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Bryan, shouldn’t you be hating this on general principle, since Jim Ryan greenlit it?
How did Jim greenlight a concept that predates his tenure? Someone else here gave him credit for the Portal. Next you guys are going to give Jim credit for "greenlighting" the PS6 😑

Naaa, I never disliked Jim Ryan. Just some of his ideas.
I did, thank God that dumb hack is gone 😂🥳🎉

• thisistheway
Reactions: Bryank75

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I wonder how difficult it would be to code a game to take advantage of dual-issue while maintaining compatibility with the regular PS5.
AFAIK there wouldn't be compatibility problems with RDNA2 GPUs by taking advantage of RDNA3's dual-issue.
Those benchmarks are using compute instructions from the Vulkan API which RDNA2 supports as well.
I don't know if these instructions will be very effective on RDNA2 though.

If mid-gen is a new pattern, I'll skip out on initial generation hardware and wait 4yrs for mid-gen.
Why not skip out the whole generation? Just wait for PS6 and it'll probably play PS5 titles better than the PS5 Pro.
Even better, just wait until ~2037 for PS7.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PS5 still feels untapped to me. But I understand why they'll do a pro... It's the first generation where I feel the console just hasn't been put to use properly yet... 3 years in... Weird.

Arminius

19 May 2023
Would an X Box Series X Pro be tenable considering the baseline is the Series S?

Aceman

Banned
11 Dec 2023
Why not skip out the whole generation? Just wait for PS6 and it'll probably play PS5 titles better than the PS5 Pro.
Even better, just wait until ~2037 for PS7.
The reason I'm inclined to skip is because the mid-gen happens too soon after the initial generation has started and most developers haven't gotten used to the current hardware yet. I would say they need at least 3yrs to get familiar to the APIs to make something exclusive to current-gen instead of cross-gen.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
These are not teraflops, these are Cerny-flops, far more potent. Far more powerful.

He has a Knack for these things...
I think that with almost the same Cernyflops the games will look way better and specially stunning because of:
  • DCSS (Deep Cerny Super Sampling): instead of tensor cores the GPU features tiny Cernys to perform the AI deep learning from the recently acquired iSIZE tech in real time. It upscales from a 16x9 pixels resolution to 8K with better image quality than DLSS5
  • Cerny's RT secret (white) sauce to that emits rays from Cerny's celestial aura, generating top tier raytraced real time global illumination which looks miles better than Cyberpunk 2077 path tracing on a GeForce 6090.
Now seriously: I think they'll do another Cerny trick as they did in Vita, PS4 Pro or PS5 to achieve stuff we thought wasn't technically possible with that tech. In this case, related to some new AI based cutting edge super sampling technique and something to get a super cool global illumination even if using "just a few" rays traced.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
@Satoru with a doctor degree in computer engineer and @Yurinka with a doctor degree in game development are here to enlighten us peasants again.

How miraculous.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
For the optically challenged. The shot starting at 2:48 is pretty telling if people decide to ignore all other shots:

And if further proof is required regarding SM2' upgrades: