PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
We're getting close to an announcement and it should come with games too... At least some game announcements.

We need a price. Anyone making a prediction?
Well the rumors do say 2-3 new games at least besides some PS5 Pro patches obviously... But I don't expect much until 2025-2026 at least.

Price... Well my prediction is something between $499 - $599.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well the rumors do say 2-3 new games at least besides some PS5 Pro patches obviously... But I don't expect much until 2025-2026 at least.

Price... Well my prediction is something between $499 - $599.

That would be perfectly reasonable for me. Definitely enough to justify the day 1 purchase of I can even get one based on availability.

I wonder how popular these will actually be. I'm hoping it will be bigger than the PS4 pro

Reactions: YeezyDude

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Alright this is about to get very interesting guys! 👀

Zuby tech once again not giving sources so he can pretend his an insider.

Thie is what it says from the original source.
Looking forward to the market outlook, in the field of power management IC, Lin Chongtao said that game console application orders have rebounded since the third quarter, including the introduction and shipment of new models of PS5, XBOX and SWITCH, while personal computer applications have shown moderate growth, and in the electronics industry Driven by rising demand during the peak season, sales are expected to increase.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
So.... Holidays 2024
Zuby tech once again not giving sources so he can pretend his an insider.

Thie is what it says from the original source.

That would be perfectly reasonable for me. Definitely enough to justify the day 1 purchase of I can even get one based on availability.

I wonder how popular these will actually be. I'm hoping it will be bigger than the PS4 pro

Yeah exactly... Anyway late 2024/early-mid 2025 is looking very good for Sony/Nintendo fans! 👀

And well I think the PS5 Pro will sell more than the PS4 Pro since GTA VI, DS 2, Wolverine etc. will help it achieving that as long as the price isn't too much... So as long as it's $499 or $599 so is it possible... But if it's $699 so will Sony need to have a lot of reasons to convince everyone why it's worth it or everybody will be waiting until it gets a price cut and then maybe get it... But I don't think the price will be this high so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
We're getting close to an announcement and it should come with games too... At least some game announcements.

We need a price. Anyone making a prediction?
Well I guess 599$ which will sadly convert into 649€, which has never be seen for a mainstream console.

OR, they can lower the price of the PS5 at 299$/349€ for digital and 399$/449€ for physical and then put the PS5 Pro at 499$/549€. It was what they did with the PS4 Pro if I remember well.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
OR, they can lower the price of the PS5 at 299$/349€ for digital and 399$/449€ for physical and then put the PS5 Pro at 499$/549€. It was what they did with the PS4 Pro if I remember well.

The PS4 didn't have a discless version, and I think having 3 different SKUs might cause some confusion especially as the physical PS5 and the PS5 Pro are a bit too close to each other in price.

They could just do away with the PS5 disc SKU, and end up with a $300 discless PS5 + $500 physical PS5 Pro. It would be similar to the Series S + X duality where the SKUs are distant in capabilities and features, so there's no mistaking one for the other.

That way they would ensure an adequate number of PS5 Pro adopters while still providing the cheaper alternative. People with the $300 discless PS5 can still buy the bluray addon if they so desire.

If they don't do that, then I think they'll need to make the PS5 Pro more expensive towards $600. Even if they justify it by increasing storage to 2TB, for example.

Reactions: Senki Dala

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
RGT is not reliable lol, he spews whatever shit he comes across
Gotcha lol... Well the PS5 Pro been revealed in September 2024 or October 2024 is very likely to happen unless it got delayed or canceled then yeah I guess we'll have to wait until the PS6 is out. But I think something is happening soon though so I am very optimistic about a leak/reveal happening in the next 2-4 weeks! 👀

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Gotcha lol... Well the PS5 Pro been revealed in September 2024 or October 2024 is very likely to happen unless it got delayed or canceled then yeah I guess we'll have to wait until the PS6 is out. But I think something is happening soon though so I am very optimistic about a leak/reveal happening in the next 2-4 weeks! 👀
If it ain't revealed in september i don't think it's coming this year.

Really surprised how quiet things are, somebody must have heard something. Maybe the sony ninjas are out in force to keep a lid on things.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024

Really surprised how quiet things are, somebody must have heard something. Maybe the sony ninjas are out in force to keep a lid on things.
There's not much to say. We know the specs, it will probably have similar looks to the current model to maintain compatibility with the external bluray drive, we just need to know price and release date.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They ain't cancelling it. Could be a delay, but i doubt, they have experience and expertise. November around 20th i bet it is coming, no way they will miss holidays.

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
They ain't cancelling it. Could be a delay, but i doubt, they have experience and expertise. November around 20th i bet it is coming, no way they will miss holidays.
Maybe a delay which I hope doesn't happen since it's almost 4 years since the PS5 came out... But yes I could see Sony releasing it around November 15th 2024 - November 22nd 2024 if it's on a Friday that they usually release new PlayStation hardware.

It doesn't have to be in September 2024... I've heard something about a October 2024 reveal as well. But whatever happens so doesn't it sound like the console is canceled... But the reveal should be happening some time in 2024 or in early 2025 which would mean that it got delayed... Which I hope doesn't happen. Anyway no delay is confirmed so far so I am expecting Sony to reveal it 1-2 months before it's out.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
but please make it a normal shape/size.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• haha
Reactions: KvallyX

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I am excited to buy this, but please make it a normal shape/size.
Are you kidding, no?

That impossible... there are more chance to be even bigger than PS5.
The industry is not decreasing the size of components fast enough anymore plus the parts to cool these same components increase in quantity and size too.