PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

Yeah I saw this post on X... The reveal of the PS5 Pro gotta be soon with all of this stuff been shared about it. I don't think the reveal will be after October 2024 for sure or this thing might be delayed until Q1-Q2 2025... Which I don't think is the case so I wonder when and how this thing will be revealed if not at that State of Play happening late September 2024 or early October 2024. Anyway... Hopefully so will the wait for this not be very long! (y)

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
Me when Silent Hill 2 and Astrobot will release and I'll still be waiting for the PS5 Pro :
Ben Affleck Reaction GIF

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
It's usual for dev kits to have twice the RAM for the whole thing not to crash while testing new code or assets that might flood the RAM, but I don't know about storage.
Extra USB ports and storage too FYI (y)

So it looks like the PS5 Pro will have a 1 TB SSD like the PS5 Slim.

Oh and okay even though no-one here watches RGT's videos so do I still feel like sharing this video here...

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

1tb is enough in my opinion. An extra tb I think is just going to increase the price point of the hardware even more.

Yeah, I recently bought a 2 TB SSD from Amazon for about 120 bucks. You can get some seriously good deals now on the ssds.

Last edited:
Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

1tb is enough in my opinion. An extra tb I think is just going to increase the price point of the hardware even more.

I wouldn't mind that tbh as more storage is better IMO... And then so can I get a 2 TB's or 4 TB's NVME M.2 SSD and I'll be good until the PS6 is out! (y)

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
1 TB should be enough to keep the cost down. If someone needs more space, there are plenty of cheap 1 TB SSDs on Amazon.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It’s a premium device like the DS Edge so I expect it to be priced high but packed with value.

You realize that you can get a 1 TB drive for cheaper than what Sony would sell it to you? I don’t see the value paying more for extra storage included. That standard nvme expansion is a blessing.

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
You realize that you can get a 1 TB drive for cheaper than what Sony would sell it to you? I don’t see the value paying more for extra storage included. That standard nvme expansion is a blessing.
What would be could would be to have 2 NVME ports. For exemple I've a old 1tb nvme and I'd like a 2tb one, but if I put the 2tb one into it, then the 1tb one is useless, I've just a macbook air and nowhere to use this 1tb nvme. So 2 ports would be cool.

Reactions: KvallyX