PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
I was gonna get it eventually.

Then it was Day 1.

Now I will be camping out my local Games store to get it before anyone else.

Seriously this campaign against the Pro has made me more adamant to get it.
Yes exactly... I don't want Sony to think we don't want better consoles even though the price might not be right!

So yeah I'm getting the PS5 Pro, PS6, PS6 Pro etc. as I don't want to miss out on what they will be offering for sure! (y)

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Guys also remember that the goddamn games are coming pretty soon, in fact this month there will be a lot of reveals, and then Pro will shine as the videos will be featuring it. That's not even considering T2 and their GTA 6, but actual PlayStation Studios. And ofc GTA 6 will be a huge onslaught on its own as well. But for me and many like me, first party games that are coming are enough to sell me a Pro.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Guys also remember that the goddamn games are coming pretty soon, in fact this month there will be a lot of reveals, and then Pro will shine as the videos will be featuring it. That's not even considering T2 and their GTA 6, but actual PlayStation Studios. And ofc GTA 6 will be a huge onslaught on its own as well. But for me and many like me, first party games that are coming are enough to sell me a Pro.
Yes exactly... The games will do the talking!

• Shake
Reactions: Sircaw and Bo_Hazem

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It's a state of play. Set your expectations.

Best thing we might get is death stranding 2.

Reactions: Sircaw and Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
GXf-QMNbw-AEz0-Qb.png

image.png

And these are raw numbers. PS5 Pro will reach/exceed 4090 in "few" games due to being metal/highly optimized and be comparable/close to 4080 in many games.

Let's not forget that this is a near-ARM APU with everything being in close proximity, especially for 1st party games.

DS2 probably delayed to meet PS5 Pro expectations.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
PS5 Pro will reach/exceed 4090 in "few" games due to being metal/highly optimized and be comparable/close to 4080 in many games.

There are plenty of benchmarks out there showing Sony's own 1st party games running on PCs with identical settings to the PS5. Its performance stands between a RX 6700 and a 6700XT.
Which is already great considering the lack of Infinity Cache.

The PS5 Pro's GPU being 45% faster on raster than the PS5, is obviously never going to reach a 4080 in performance, let alone a 4090.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
There are plenty of benchmarks out there showing Sony's own 1st party games running on PCs with identical settings to the PS5. Its performance stands between a RX 6700 and a 6700XT.
Which is already great considering the lack of Infinity Cache.

The PS5 Pro's GPU being 45% faster on raster than the PS5, is obviously never going to reach a 4080 in performance, let alone a 4090.

Be Patient Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
GXf-QMNbw-AEz0-Qb.png

image.png

And these are raw numbers. PS5 Pro will reach/exceed 4090 in "few" games due to being metal/highly optimized and be comparable/close to 4080 in many games.

Let's not forget that this is a near-ARM APU with everything being in close proximity, especially for 1st party games.

DS2 probably delayed to meet PS5 Pro expectations.
Expecting 4080+ performance is setting yourself up for disappointment.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It'll happen in extremely rare occasions. Might not match 100% in framerates but the level of IQ.
That doesn't really make sense as DLSS has various levels of effect that can change the image quality substantially. The reason people turn on DLSS in the first place is to get higher framerates, if they have high enough framerates already and want better image quality they turn on DLAA. Anyway the point is moot, the PS5 pro will substantially increase image quality in performance mode and framerate stability, that's good enough.

• Shake

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
@Bryank75 There's already some early/not final PS6 specifications out which MLID etc. did talk about... So my question is... Is it too early to make a thread about it here (as in the Gaming section of this site) that can get stickied? I'm willing to make one if it's not too early for that or it doesn't make sense yet! :unsure:

And well since the PS5 Pro is out in 52 days so is this thread close to been done and can be unstickied at least like 1-2 weeks before or after the PS5 Pro is out as this isn't a thread generally speaking about the PS5 and PS5 Pro but was just made so that not a lot of threads will be made about the PS5 Pro every time something leaks about it and to keep all or most of the discussion in one thread as much as possible. Anyway let me know what's up and I'll then see if I'll do it later on so in like 1-2 years or something or ASAP! (y)

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
@Bryank75 There's already some early/not final PS6 specifications out which MLID etc. did talk about... So my question is... Is it too early to make a thread about it here (as in the Gaming section of this site) that can get stickied? I'm willing to make one if it's not too early for that or it doesn't make sense yet! :unsure:

And well since the PS5 Pro is out in 52 days so is this thread close to been done and can be unstickied at least like 1-2 weeks before or after the PS5 Pro is out as this isn't a thread generally speaking about the PS5 and PS5 Pro but was just made so that not a lot of threads will be made about the PS5 Pro every time something leaks about it and to keep all or most of the discussion in one thread as much as possible. Anyway let me know what's up and I'll then see if I'll do it later on so in like 1-2 years or something or ASAP! (y)

What PS6 info?

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
What PS6 info?
This video from MLID...

And the following early/not final specifications...
  • 32 GB's of RAM minimum.
  • Will be GDDR7 or later.
  • TSMC 2nm chip.
  • Its AI will be more advanced than the PS5 Pro one.
  • The strongest console of its generation.
  • Will be more expensive to make compared to the PS5/PS5 Pro.
  • Might be priced at $700 or more.
  • Is out Holiday 2028.
And this stuff is not final nor confirmed but still might happen... But all or most of the stuff might change so yeah I guess the real leaks will be around 2026 or 2027 for sure!

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This video from MLID...

And the following early/not final specifications...
  • 32 GB's of RAM minimum.
  • Will be GDDR7 or later.
  • TSMC 2nm chip.
  • Its AI will be more advanced than the PS5 Pro one.
  • The strongest console of its generation.
  • Will be more expensive to make compared to the PS5/PS5 Pro.
  • Might be priced at $700 or more.
  • Is out Holiday 2028.
And this stuff is not final nor confirmed but still might happen... But all or most of the stuff might change so yeah I guess the real leaks will be around 2026 or 2027 for sure!

Not leaks. Just guessing the obvious.

No one knows this information yet.

Sony execs right now don’t know this.

If pretty obvious it will use the tech in the PS5 Pro.

The PS5 Pro is the testbed for the next gen console just like the PS4 Pro was for the PS5.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Not leaks. Just guessing the obvious.

No one knows this information yet.

Sony execs right now don’t know this.

If pretty obvious it will use the tech in the PS5 Pro.

The PS5 Pro is the testbed for the next gen console just like the PS4 Pro was for the PS5.

There's not a lot of PS4 Pro hardware tech in the PS5, though. There's hardly anything bought over, to be honest.