PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
All of this is true, but from what I read from experts there's a lot of work to be done on the software side to be able to do it across a wide range of hardware targets.
The current DXR 1/1.1 brute force approach (mostly written by Nvidia) that is only feasibly playable on $2000 / 500W GPUs from Nvidia is awfully inefficient and is never going to get wide adoption.

The RTX ON stuff served Nvidia well for the world's Battaglias to claim you should only buy GPUs from one specific vendor so you can turn on some clotheless emperor effects, but if it's ever going to be widespread then the API and engine devs need to spend many man-months researching and implementing much more efficient approaches.

It's only after all consoles and most mid-end iGPUs are able to run this adequately that devs can forget about making shadowmaps, cubemaps, tricks to hide the deficiencies in screen-space effects, etc. and in turn shorten development times (and save money).
Yeah nvidia is doing brute force which isn't a viable approach. I think it requires a fundamental change in approach, maybe it'll just be something where they use an algorithm to simplify the geometry and just approximate the light bounces, and use some fancy shaders to do scattering effects. Or they could do something where the geometry itself has a bounce map applied to it like a texture and they only do a single bounce of raytracing which would be less expensive than multi bounce lighting, idk im not a graphics engineer.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It’s all about being ying yang with UE5. Current Gen is creaking already with an engine that will be heavily used going forward. I bet Cerny worked with Tim on the ps5 to deliver the goods at solid framerates and pristine iq.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

So... Basically to summarize this video from what I do remember as far as PS5 Pro stuff so did he say...

- RDNA 3 + some RDNA 4 in regards to Ray-Tracing/AI stuff.
- 1-2 developers told him that the GPU is as good as or close to a AMD 7800 XT GPU and not a AMD 7700 XT GPU as what Kepler said earlier on X.

And that's what I do remember... But yeah I've a feeling that not everything got leaked and the specifications that got leaked aren't 100 % accurate so there might be some good surprises... Anyway the wait won't be long so next week should be very exciting indeed! 👀

Reactions: Entropi

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Looks like a reliable insider 🤡
PS5-Pro-announcement-scaled.jpg

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hmmm.....based of this it looks like the bottom plate will be compatible with the bottom plate of the current slim but the top plate won't due to the pro having the extra added ridges/gills. 🤔
I think the top and bottom plates will be compatible and the ridges are part of the base unit. That makes it even more likely they will use the disc attachment from the slim

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What do you expect?

Reactions: YeezyDude

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
They won't drop any price just yet, after Pro has been on the market at a premium and all the wealthy enthusiasts got one, THEN they will lower prices of the base unit but keep Pro the same maybe with special times/holiday sale prices once in a while. Don't have expectations for lower prices when the market is what it is.