PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
What do you expect?

I would say the second one... But Sony might do the first one tbh. I guess we'll get an answer during next week or the week after it hopefully! (y)

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What do you expect?

I expect no price cut and an expensive PS5 pro. What I hope to happen is a $50 price cut to regular ps5

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
Honestly, I'm taking a more cynical position on this. Sony's not price cutting. Even if they did, it'd only be in America. Everywhere else got a price INCREASE recently, particularly Japan, where it was raised to launch window scalper prices.

PS5 Pro's probably going to launch at 599 USD, and it'll be digital only, unless you buy the separate, attachable disc drive. If they're desperate, they'll launch at 549 USD to avoid the revival of the FIVE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE YOO-ESS DOLLARS meme.

Furthermore, I think this generation's going to last eight or nine years total, because in any other past gen, prices would indeed decrease on year four or five, not increase like this one.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People saying gta vi won’t run at 60fps on the pro sound like pc gamers with buyers remorse. There’s literally no reason as why rockstar wouldn’t bake a 60fps mode for the pro lol
Also pc gamers are extremely salty about the pro, it’s hilarious

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
People saying gta vi won’t run at 60fps on the pro sound like pc gamers with buyers remorse. There’s literally no reason as why rockstar wouldn’t bake a 60fps mode for the pro lol
Also pc gamers are extremely salty about the pro, it’s hilarious

Exactly.

They honestly believe Sony didn’t consult Take 2 regarding the specs.

They always consult developers and it pretty obvious the Pro is here for the next wave of PS5 titles.

GTA6, Tsushima 2, Death Stranding and Wolverine are some them which have been announced.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Exactly.

They honestly believe Sony didn’t consult Take 2 regarding the specs.

They always consult developers and it pretty obvious the Pro is here for the next wave of PS5 titles.

GTA6, Tsushima 2, Death Stranding and Wolverine are some them which have been announced.
Yep and Sony will also do that with the PS6... And yes I do expect a PS6 remaster of GTA VI and then it hopefully getting a PS6 Pro patch etc.! (y)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I was gonna get it eventually.

Then it was Day 1.

Now I will be camping out my local Games store to get it before anyone else.

Seriously this campaign against the Pro has made me more adamant to get it.

yeah there is an obvious campaign against it and what is worse is that there are some unwilling participators on our own side, like oblivious Sony fans (about economics, tech hardware... you name it) and they just become part of the fodder smh...
It's the usual bandwagon. People want to be angry at something... and recently it's every single new release.
Everything is boycotted, cancelled, review bombed. It's all because of those damned social media influencers who ride the hate bandwagons. People dont form their own opinions anymore.
Anyone remember forspoken hate campaign? turns out it was a great game (but only I know that)