PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
From the most of the discussion and rumors I've heard, it seems like the GPU will be around the 7900xt spec and with optimization and coding to the metal, that could be insanely performative.

I just hope the CPU is a good step up too, it would be a shame just to have a higher clock but that's what I expect.

Dont mind if storage is around 1tb again, cause most people have bought an expansion card already at this stage.

I'd really love a very premium design, bit of a wow factor with the materials.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
From the most of the discussion and rumors I've heard, it seems like the GPU will be around the 7900xt spec and with optimization and coding to the metal, that could be insanely performative.

I just hope the CPU is a good step up too, it would be a shame just to have a higher clock but that's what I expect.

Dont mind if storage is around 1tb again, cause most people have bought an expansion card already at this stage.

Nothing better than opening up a premium feeling console, it never gets tiring.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Premium materials do not come cheap.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Premium materials do not come cheap.

I'm willing to pay.

I think they could try 700 to 800 at launch and discount it if that is unpalatable... Or at worst limit production if it goes really badly.

But with so many basic models sold by scalpers at 1000,I don't see the issue tbh.

Enthusiast level hardware, enthusiast level price.

• Shake
Reactions: Dr Bass and ksdixon
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm willing to pay.

I think they could try 700 to 800 at launch and discount it if that is unpalatable... Or at worst limit production if it goes really badly.

But with so many basic models sold by scalpers at 1000,I don't see the issue tbh.

Damn only thing is i buy everything online so trade in doesn't work for me. I think Amazon has some sort of trade in but when these consoles come you got to buy fast from wherever or else you get shit and tht can be from any outlet!

I got two ps5s launch day only bcus Wario had a backdoor Amazon link and the other I managed to get through target.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm willing to pay.

The optics alone are a good enough reason not to do it.

If you want a REALLY premium machine, look into aftermarket replacement cases. There were even some for the 360 that made it look like rack-mount computer gear and added liquid cooling.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Damn only thing is i buy everything online so trade in doesn't work for me. I think Amazon has some sort of trade in but when these consoles come you got to buy fast from wherever or else you get shit and tht can be from any outlet!

I got two ps5s launch day only bcus Wario had a backdoor Amazon link and the other I managed to get through target.
I also have 2 and I plan on selling the digital online soon. Didn't really use it tbh.

It's just too out of the way in the house.

The optics alone are a good enough reason not to do it.

If you want a REALLY premium machine, look into aftermarket replacement cases. There were even some for the 360 that made it look like rack-mount computer gear and added liquid cooling.

I'll be happy enough with whatever they release if the performance is good, I will keep an eye out for something like you describe too if the looks don't do it for me.

I'm very excited for it tbh. Console launches are awesome.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

7900xt level would be amazing, that's a doubling in raw gpu power, and probably even more when adding in the possibility of async compute using the dual issue fp32 shaders

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
7900xt level would be amazing, that's a doubling in raw gpu power, and probably even more when adding in the possibility of async compute using the dual issue fp32 shaders
I think PlayStation has a patent or something for floating point calculations.... Maybe I'm wrong there but there are definitely massive efficiencies that PlayStation can create.

@NXGamer will give us the comparisons then to see where it lands against different rigs etc.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think PlayStation has a patent or something for floating point calculations.... Maybe I'm wrong there but there are definitely massive efficiencies that PlayStation can create.

@NXGamer will give us the comparisons then to see where it lands against different rigs etc.
Sony has some patents from the development of the Cell that they have licensed to AMD for the APUs in the PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5, probably relating to that sort of thing.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
I sold my PS4 Pro on ebay after I got my PS5. I will do the same with the PS5 Pro. Besides the obvious performance improvements that we will get, I do want to see an improved controller battery life.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I sold my PS4 Pro on ebay after I got my PS5. I will do the same with the PS5 Pro. Besides the obvious performance improvements that we will get, I do want to see an improved controller battery life.
There's a new controller version for tht.

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Not yet, we are still waiting.
Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Would it have hurt him too much to create a table with regular ps5 and ps5 pro specs?

I mean, the guy is paid to communicate the information.

• they're_right_you_know