PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
PS5 pro will leave Xbox-Fans in absolute Panic mode. It's gonna be glorious
Copium.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What are dual issue TFLOPS anyway?
in rDNA3 each shader can do 2 fp32 instructions if coded specifically to do them.

link explaining it

WGP Compute Characteristics​

Compared to RDNA 2, RDNA 3 obviously has a large advantage in compute throughput. After all, it has a higher WGP count. But potential increases in compute throughput go beyond that, because RDNA 3’s SIMDs gain a limited dual issue capability. Certain common operations can be packaged into a single VOPD (vector operation, dual) instruction in wave32 mode. In wave64 mode, the SIMD will naturally try to start executing a 64-wide wavefront over a single cycle, provided the instruction can be dual issued.

A RDNA 3 VOPD instruction is encoded in eight bytes, and supports two sources and one destination for each of the two operations. That excludes operations that require three inputs, like the generic fused multiply add operation. Dual issue opportunities are further limited by available execution units, data dependencies, and register file bandwidth.

so a few operations like fadd and fmac (addition and multiplication for floating point numbers) can be done two-at-a-time instead of one-at-a-time per shader, so if you specifically code the software to use these dual issue instructions, you could potentially get the program to run faster.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Feeling more open to this than I was formerly. My reaction when we were like, two years in, and heard about this was:

gordon.gif

Sometimes leaks really can be harmful. It takes a long time to make stuff, and it’s not necessarily something the customer should be aware of until it’s ready. Four years later, the appropriate time, things look a lot different.

Games last year looked great, as the next gen finally arrives in force, but I expect that to come with a price, be it 60 FPS, or more likely at this point, reduced resolution with some kind of reconstruction to keep it looking good.

In my limited experience last year, I definitely recall feeling like some games weren’t quite as sharp as things were during the cross-gen period. Then there’s stuff like Alan Wake 2, and Avatar that I haven’t played, where the console version looks great, but there’s even more potential to do stuff with more horsepower.

That kind of thing is making me more and more see the case for this, for high end AV heads that want everything looking its best, but maybe don’t want a PC price tag. These games will likely keep looking great on all platforms, but if you’re that gamer that wants it all… GTA 6 to absolutely sparkle, for example.