PS5 Sells 50 Million Units

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
shocked jaw drop GIF
i still have like 7 seasons of that to watch dammit.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's my initial too, D for Dean, the coolest name in the universe but i have a fish dammit. :love:
We share the same name but in reverse order (without giving out too much here) 😅

I love that name. Such a great last name.

Reactions: Sircaw

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I agree, PS2 is among the greatest consoles ever, just because you can play games from the greatest ps to me, the PS1.

But I absolutely hate the IQ on the PS2. Is the worst of it's generation by far. Even worse than the Dreamcast, which was older.

A PS2 pro with HDMI output and mandatory 480p/720p support would have been great.

Also era, when is the PC port canibalization effect kicking in? Ps7 era maybe?
my ps3 plays ps2 and ps1 :cool:

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Nope, I played with an NTSC PS2 but even then it didn't have good IQ when compared to it's rivals. Blurry and jagged most of the time. Even with component cables.
Did you play with a flat monitor or something?

PS2 never looked good on those, plus who can even afford one of those back in early 2000s?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Some mf’s on iconera.com gonna be mad by this news.
Lmao Something GIF
Like this guy from Era. Lol

“Could you point to me where I said that? Console isn't as important as it was. But it is still their most import revenue stream. PC and mobile have the most growth potential, tho. Reading comprehension is not that hard”.

“Stop equating console sales as big profit streams. Revenue is not profit. A single successful GaaS title can make as much profit as the entire PS division. PS is not doomed, but they realized they need to diversify their strategy in some capacity.

“Look at how Fortnite has funded so much things for Epic. Or Tencent insane dominance of the game industry”.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Like this guy from Era. Lol

“Could you point to me where I said that? Console isn't as important as it was. But it is still their most import revenue stream. PC and mobile have the most growth potential, tho. Reading comprehension is not that hard”.

“Stop equating console sales as big profit streams. Revenue is not profit. A single successful GaaS title can make as much profit as the entire PS division. PS is not doomed, but they realized they need to diversify their strategy in some capacity.

“Look at how Fortnite has funded so much things for Epic. Or Tencent insane dominance of the game industry”.
lmao
I aint talking about reset, im talking about dudes on this site that have this dumb belief that Jim Ryan was bad for business.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
lmao
I aint talking about reset, im talking about dudes on this site that have this dumb belief that Jim Ryan was bad for business.
there's 2 arguments
- PS could've sold EVEN MORE
- None of that had anything to do with Ryan's leadership, it was just inertia from Shawn Layden

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
If the ratio is really 3:1 that means Xbox Series sold 16.7 million only? That would be devastating for Microsoft lol.
But even if true Phil Spencer will be like:
white GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Being at 50m sold through, while impressive, still means they're quite a bit behind their targets? Maybe they won't hit 25m through the FY after all; they should be at over 55 imo