PS5 Sells 50 Million Units

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Being at 50m sold through, while impressive, still means they're quite a bit behind their targets? Maybe they won't hit 25m through the FY after all; they should be at over 55 imo
April - July really fucked their timeline as sales slowed down faster than they anticipated.

They aren't being aggressive this month either, it's not happening.

D

Deleted member 223

25m this year and 150m by year 8.

Seems less likely after each figure release despite Xbox being in freefall.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The Doom and Gloom crew can shut up about the 25 million target, too, as that is for the fiscal year, so they have until March to reach that.

With February having some heavy hitters lined up, it will make the target.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The effects of not having a decent showcase in over 2 years
Definitely plays a role as they aren't giving causals a reason to truly rush out or give up their PS4 fast enough. But the price is stalling them. The system is simply too expensive for a console going into it's official 4th year

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's true that PS5 could've sold even more had they not released titles on PC, but this is adequate.
8a0ar2.jpg

can't be both

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm so sick of hearing about this 25 million target from installbase and concern trolls as if its some sort of gotcha. It was a goal that management set up, and whether or not they hit it they will have come close enough to where the fiscal year is already their largest on record.

That's like trying to makeup fun of someone for only making 98 million dollars when they set a goal of 100 million. They're still doing well either way

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They are doing a great job, only a week after PS4.

PS5 is doing an epic comeback, seems it will outsell PS4 launch alligned the PS4 this quarter as planned but maybe a bit later than expected.

In any case who cares if a bit sooner or later, the important is that is selling at great speed despite the initial lack of components issue.

God dammit @Danja1187 1700 + messages and still no avatar
@Petekilla 600+ no avatar.

You are part of the community, FIX IT DAMMIT :love:

Embarrassed Shame GIF
Here's the perfect avatar xD

fuertes.gif

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Astro has 50 million players, it might be the best selling platformer of all time
Astro has 50 million players, it might be the best selling platformer of all time
If you are going to count bundles as sales then sorry, SMB still wins since it had 40 million sales across varients on NES/Famicom and then probably way more than 10 million in sales across All Stars (SNES and Wii versions), the Gameboy ports, virtual console and the NES Classic.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why do I keep reading profits are higher at xbox on installbase/era ? have they ever released profit numbers?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why do I keep reading profits are higher at xbox on installbase/era ? have they ever released profit numbers?
It's the next goalpost.

Also, I can have loads of profits if my expenditure is partially hidden in other organizations within the same company. It's one of the advantages of being a division and not a subsidiary.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm so sick of hearing about this 25 million target from installbase and concern trolls as if its some sort of gotcha. It was a goal that management set up, and whether or not they hit it they will have come close enough to where the fiscal year is already their largest on record.

That's like trying to makeup fun of someone for only making 98 million dollars when they set a goal of 100 million. They're still doing well either way
Not to mention that goals like that are not random targets, but the product of some serious trend analysis and statistical calculations. A publicly-traded company is NEVER going to set a target they don't have internal numbers showing they will EXCEED. The shareholders would revolt if Sony missed a sales goal.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I've been seeing this craziness since Derek the Tweaktown writer created his fake chart based on MS' made up numbers to say they make more than Playstation. He sneakily removed the article and chart when he realized the metric was a made up one used internally at MS, but not after all the damage was done.

In no world can Xbox make more profit than Sony just based off of the Xbox hardware division alone dragging everything else down.

If anything Activision/King will allow them to break even.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters