PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Picked up this 1.5m USBc extension. It's usb3.1 Gen2 10Gig. Works fine being inline with the PS5 port spec.

Went for the right angle connector as I'm using the cable to route under the console back into my home theatre cabinet allowing the headset to sit inside the central cupboard for easy pull out and play. (y)

s-l1600.jpg

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Picked up this 1.5m USBc extension. It's usb3.1 Gen2 10Gig. Works fine being inline with the PS5 port spec.

Went for the right angle connector as I'm using the cable to route under the console back into my home theatre cabinet allowing the headset to sit inside the central cupboard for easy pull out and play. (y)

s-l1600.jpg
If the extender cables work I wonder if that cable would work plugged in directly.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
i meant as a replacement for the cable that comes with the psvr2. In case it gets damaged etc
I see, yes don’t see why not - not sure if standard usbc plug is in the headset tho. But cable definitely good.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
There was a firmware update for VR today...has anyone else noticed a marked improvement in visual clarity? I feel like images got like, 10-20% sharper than before

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Good video demonstrating the attention to detail in Pavlov force triggers…..

This game is so good. We need to make a party or something. I love proximity chat on this lol
You can hear people through walls 😆

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
There was a firmware update for VR today...has anyone else noticed a marked improvement in visual clarity? I feel like images got like, 10-20% sharper than before
Don’t know if I’m crazy but you could be right. Did they tune the image warping parameters to the lenses better perhaps? Larger sweet spot or something.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Other ppl say it's a placebo effect. It is not in patch notes so idk.
def not placebo. I obviously don't have measuring equipment to quantify it but placebo effect really only works if you think you're getting something beneficial, I wasn't expecting any visual upgrades at all and immediately noticed it when I put on my headset. I was only looking to see if the controller firmware was updated.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
def not placebo. I obviously don't have measuring equipment to quantify it but placebo effect really only works if you think you're getting something beneficial, I wasn't expecting any visual upgrades at all and immediately noticed it when I put on my headset. I was only looking to see if the controller firmware was updated.
Idk I haven't played due to work but I will check out tomorrow.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Someone mentioned the same thing on reddit. I need to check that out

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Someone mentioned the same thing on reddit. I need to check that out
Many ppl mentioned this on reddit but I have to chk myself because I don't wabt it to be a case of one person saying it then others running with it.