PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Since this is coming to PC and is kind of a low revenue venture I'd guess, how do you all feel about their VR games coming to PC as well?
I wouldn't mind because it's not like Thyve released all these first party monsters minus GT since tht needs to stay exclusive exclusive imo but the rest I wouldn't mind. .

Reactions: panda-zebra

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
I wouldn't mind because it's not like Thyve released all these first party monsters minus GT since tht needs to stay exclusive exclusive imo but the rest I wouldn't mind. .
You think GT should stay on PS5 only? That would definitely thrive with both the PC and VR community. It could benefit from a larger community.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You think GT should stay on PS5 only? That would definitely thrive with both the PC and VR community. It could benefit from a larger community.
It would definitely thrive but I'm in the camp that Sony should not port over all their exclusives to keep really gd reasons for ppl to buy a PS system to begin with. They need a few of those bangers to maintain tht Sony quality gaming image and allure imo and to make ppl want to buy the system. Of course it'll thrive it's GT.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Still a little paranoid about cyube not arriving for whatever reason. Just the combo of launching on a Saturday at a weird time of day and no ability to buy until the listing goes live... the timer is ticking down though, just over 20 hours from now.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Spent 2 full controller charges worth of time with cyubevr this weekend after my kid got the first 5 hours to himself. We both really like it.

The visuals are incredible, right up there with the very best looking games on the system. As a game it's kinda chilled, like playing Minecraft in peaceful mode. While it lacks a lot of what makes Minecraft a good, worthwhile game that makes up for its ugly visuals, this game's beauty, tactile crafting, realistic elements, highly detailed and custom blocks along with super-powered indestructible tools you eventually get to craft all come together to make it somewhere far more exciting and compelling to build in - which in VR means that much more.

Gotta say the comfort kit I got for the VR2 has been a revelation (Globular Cluster, I believe there's other options now). I had real issues with the headset out of the box, had to perform my own mods to mitigate the problems and in the end it still wasn't good enough for those really long sessions. But playing for over 10 hours in a span of 20 hours the worst I came out with was a slightly warm forehead, it was transformative.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
It would definitely thrive but I'm in the camp that Sony should not port over all their exclusives to keep really gd reasons for ppl to buy a PS system to begin with. They need a few of those bangers to maintain tht Sony quality gaming image and allure imo and to make ppl want to buy the system. Of course it'll thrive it's GT.

I think there are plenty of good reasons to buy a console apart from the exclusivity of titles.

Gran Turismo should absolutely come to PC. It has very good sales potential on PC and could really help move PSVR2 units in the process. All of that is good for PlayStation and can help fund larger and better games on console.

You compare Sony's game sales on console vs PC and it's clear that releasing games on PC isn't eroding their console sales. What it is doing however is giving them revenue and profit margins to better manage their budgets.

It's a win-win for everybody.

If Sony wants to revive the aspects of PSVR2 there are some drastic or measured steps that they can do.

Measured
  • In providing support for PSVR2 on PC, release a dongle to engage that support at an affordable price
  • Release a new PSVR2 for PC that includes said dongle
  • Drop the price of PSVR2
  • Release/Support more key games like
    • Everybody's Golf VR
    • Ace Combat 8
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator PS5
Ultimately, I don't think you need 100 VR games, I think you need to correct VR experiences. PSVR2 actually has a ton of games and people act like it doesn't. The narrative changes when you deliver more key experiences. Gran Turismo 7 and RE4 are great examples of that, but there needs to be more. Even if you look at the Nintendo Switch and I'd say it's not the quantity of games that has sold it but the quality of games.

Drastic
  • Possibly Rebrand PSVR2 with a more platform neutral name
  • Release a new version of PSVR2 that is wireless
  • Release a version of PSVR2 that is stand alone

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think there are plenty of good reasons to buy a console apart from the exclusivity of titles.

Gran Turismo should absolutely come to PC. It has very good sales potential on PC and could really help move PSVR2 units in the process. All of that is good for PlayStation and can help fund larger and better games on console.

You compare Sony's game sales on console vs PC and it's clear that releasing games on PC isn't eroding their console sales. What it is doing however is giving them revenue and profit margins to better manage their budgets.

If Sony wants to revive the aspects of PSVR2 there are some drastic or measured steps that they can do.

Measured
  • In providing support for PSVR2 on PC, release a dongle to engage that support at an affordable price
    • Everybody's Golf VR
    • Ace Combat 8
Ultimately, I don't think you need 100 VR games, I think you need to correct VR experiences. PSVR2 actually has a ton of games and people act like it doesn't. The narrative changes when you deliver more key experiences. Gran Turismo 7 and RE4 are great examples of that, but there needs to be more. Even if you look at the Nintendo Switch and I'd say it's not the quantity of games that has sold it but the quality of games.

Drastic
"I think there are plenty of good reasons to buy a console apart from the exclusivity of titles"

Of course there are thts definitely not my point. There are also many similarities between consoles so things like exclusives, controller, etc help differentiate and give ppl a reason to choose one over the other. It's a big part.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Measured
    • Everybody's Golf VR
    • Ace Combat 8

Drastic
this might be worst comment of the year

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Nah, people will start fucking with it and ruin the online. It's already annoying having PC players in a Helldivers II lobby calling in stratagems that aren't officially in the game yet, then others having God mode, infinite this and that and doing all kinds of crap like only picking up 1 green sample and coming out of a mission with max of every type. I personally don't even want the gaas stuff on PC anymore after seeing this. Sacrificing GT7 for a few PC sales would be a crime, and trying to combat the mess afterwards would leech resources from where they should be deployed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sacrificing GT7 for a few PC sales would be a crime, and trying to combat the mess afterwards would leech resources from where they should be deployed.
This. GT7 still charts 2 years later, for many, it's the first game they buy when they buy a new PS5. I can see it selling 20m by end of the gen, adding a competing platform to the mix just for an extra 1m sales, AT BEST, is extremely short sighted.... But honestly, current Sony is so stupid, I can see it happening.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
This. GT7 still charts 2 years later, for many, it's the first game they buy when they buy a new PS5. I can see it selling 20m by end of the gen, adding a competing platform to the mix just for an extra 1m sales, AT BEST, is extremely short sighted.... But honestly, current Sony is so stupid, I can see it happening.

I don't agree.

Please describe how an additional 52 million dollars to Sony is somehow a bad thing for their company. Even selling a million units on PC is a massive windfall, especially at full price, but also who is to say that is the extent for which GT7 could sell on PC.

The other reality is, you don't even need to enable crossplay, but if you do, there are a multitude of games that have PC/Console crossplay, not sure why people are suddenly complaining about it now. It hasn't stopped a multitude of franchises from being extremely successful.

But sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
"I think there are plenty of good reasons to buy a console apart from the exclusivity of titles"

Of course there are thts definitely not my point. There are also many similarities between consoles so things like exclusives, controller, etc help differentiate and give ppl a reason to choose one over the other. It's a big part.

You could get a dvd drive and play the exact same movies on your PC as you could your DVD player, but people bought DVD players instead.

Why do you think this is?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Inappropriate behavior
You're delusional.

Please describe how an additional 52 million dollars to Sony is somehow a bad thing for their company. Even selling a million units on PC is a massive windfall, especially at full price, but also who is to say that is the extent for which GT7 could sell on PC.

The other reality is, you don't even need to enable crossplay, but if you do, there are a multitude of games that have PC/Console crossplay, not sure why people are suddenly complaining about it now. It hasn't stopped a multitude of franchises from being extremely successful.

But sure, that's stupid.
This guy still thinks PC ports are a good idea and calls me delusional? 😭😭😭😭 At this point, anyone still advocating for PC ports of 1st party games I can't agree with (I edited your post don't attack ppl that have different opinions!).

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
This guy still thinks PC ports are a good idea and calls me delusional? 😭😭😭😭 At this point, anyone still advocating for PC ports of 1st party games I can't agree with (I edited your post don't attack ppl that have different opinions!).

I'd love to hear a breakdown of why PC Ports are an inherently bad idea.