PSVR2: “Sony's latest firmware update enables better PC compatibility & access” |UP|Sony has enabled nVidia support for PSVR2!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
3/24 Update..

Sony released a firmware update for PS VR2 that seems to have greatly increased compatibility with PCs. I can now use the PS VR2 on my AMD 6900xt's USB-C port with a stock Linux kernel and no EDID override. They also seem to have enabled the VR 90Hz mode that didn't work before.

I had thought their advertised "PC compatibility is coming" meant an Air/Steam Link style solution streaming to PS5, but perhaps they are targetting direct connections in some scenarios. If so, I don't know how they plan to solve the controller connectivity / pairing issues, or hardware compatibility issues with the headset only working on specific USB-C ports.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This tech is new and has tons of life left. Man psvr6 better have VR even if it's BC with this one.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Thing was dead without PC support day one, the one time they needed to do day and date PC
I know you're a hardcore PSVR2 hater, but how is selling a piece of hardware at cost and making zero money from software going to help?

That's like selling a PS5 and only letting you use Steam and not PSN.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Also PC support is irrelevant, the PSVR2 library has already eclipsed the PCVR library a long time ago, the only good game PCVR has that VR2 doesn't is HL Alyx. But like with PC ports, Sony is too stupid to realize what they have 🤷‍♂️

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Also PC support is irrelevant, the PSVR2 library has already eclipsed the PCVR library a long time ago, the only good game PCVR has that VR2 doesn't is HL Alyx. But like with PC ports, Sony is too stupid to realize what they have 🤷‍♂️
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Like not only is it completely untrue, it's so untrue to the point that I can't even believe anybody would rationally say this with a straight face.

Reactions: Polyh3dron

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Like not only is it completely untrue, it's so untrue to the point that I can't even believe anybody would rationally say this with a straight face.
What must play VR exclusives does PC have?

PSVR2 must play exclusives:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon Call of the Mountain
- Resident Evil Village
- Synapse
- Resident Evil 4
- CSmash VRS

And some would say Dark Pictures: Switchback, but I'm personally not a fan of that game

PCVR must play exclusives:

- Half Life Alyx

What else is there? 😂 Literally nothing. Please tell me, I'll wait.

PSVR2 is also getting the definitive version of all multiplats, FOVeated rendering, eyetracking, haptics, and adaptive triggers make PSVR2 versions significantly better than even a 4080 PCVR set up. CyubeVR just came out on PSVR2 and it's WAY better than any PCVR version 😂 like WAAAY BETTER, at 1/3rd the cost even including the cost of a PS5!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob and Umar

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
What must play VR exclusives does PC have?

PSVR2 must play exclusives:

- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon Call of the Mountain
- Resident Evil Village
- Synapse
- Resident Evil 4
- CSmash VRS

And some would say Dark Pictures: Switchback, but I'm personally not a fan of that game

PCVR must play exclusives:

- Half Life Alyx

What else is there? 😂 Literally nothing. Please tell me, I'll wait.

PSVR2 is also getting the definitive version of all multiplats, FOVeated rendering, eyetracking, haptics, and adaptive triggers make PSVR2 versions significantly better than even a 4080 PCVR set up. CyubeVR just came out on PSVR2 and it's WAY better than any PCVR version 😂 like WAAAY BETTER, at 1/3rd the cost even including the cost of a PS5!
I'm not even going to entertain this dumb conversation because it's absolutely ridiculous.

PSVR2 at this point at most has a couple hundred games you could play, at most. PCVR has a library going back almost a decade now, what you're saying is just asinine.

This is a total throwaway conversation. What's worse is those games that you're holding on to are probably being ported to PC as we speak to support the headset.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm not even going to entertain this dumb conversation because it's absolutely ridiculous.
Because like everytime you come at me, you know you're completely wrong and never have an argument 😂 typical Xbox fanatic

You can't name a single good must play PCVR exclusive besides Alyx, because there literally aren't any 🤣🤣🤣

PSVR2 at this point at most has a couple hundred games you could play, at most. PCVR has a library going back almost a decade now, what you're saying is just asinine.
99% of those PCVR games are shovelware junk and we both know this 😂

This is a total throwaway conversation. What's worse is those games that you're holding on to are probably being ported to PC as we speak to support the headset.
Yes, because Sony is stupid and they will all flop just like the rest of Sony's PC ports.

Reactions: Umar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Why? They made no money or very little money from the headset. What business sense does it make to sell a headset at cost and then let Valve reap all the benefits?

It's not a mature industry. They have to grow the pie size before resorting to typical platform holder shenanigans (exclusivity BS and such) and I mean that for Valve and others as well.

Otherwise it will remain as nothing more of a novelty for games.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
It's not a mature industry. They have to grow the pie size before resorting to typical platform holder shenanigans (exclusivity BS and such) and I mean that for Valve and others as well.

The ironic thing about this whole situation is now Valve doesn't need to port Half-Life Alyx to PSVR2 because Sony is instead porting the headset to them.

This is all getting so wild.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Yes VR is still in its infancy but selling bleeding edge tech at cost and making money from software is not "shenanigans" or bs, it's been that way since the beginning. It's a perfectly viable business method. Having multiple competing platforms is the best way for growth

The ironic thing about this whole situation is now Valve doesn't need to port Half-Life Alyx to PSVR2 because Sony is instead porting the headset to them.

This is all getting so wild.
That's cuz Valve is smart and Sony is dumb. PSVR1 outsold the Valve Index by A LOT, and the PSVR2 is outpacing the PSVR1. Neither Sony nor Valve need to port anything, they're platform holders, the real money was never in the sales of their own games but in getting 30% cut from everyone else. Valve understands this, Sony used to understand it. But their current stupid management doesn't.

Your precious Xbox is the worst at understanding that though and thats why they're on their way out, and why you're now larping as a PC gamer 😂 And you're still not able to name a single PCVR exclusive 😂🤣

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Damn that was fast. Selling my Quest 2 and getting a PSVR2 then.

I'll just see if there are any Quest 2 exclusives I should play before moving on to the PSVR2.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Yes VR is still in its infancy but selling bleeding edge tech at cost and making money from software is not "shenanigans" or bs, it's been that way since the beginning. It's a perfectly viable business method. Having multiple competing platforms is the best way for growth

That's cuz Valve is smart and Sony is dumb. PSVR1 outsold the Valve Index by A LOT, and the PSVR2 is outpacing the PSVR1. Neither Sony nor Valve need to port anything, they're platform holders, the real money was never in the sales of their own games but in getting 30% cut from everyone else. Valve understands this, Sony used to understand it. But their current stupid management doesn't.

Your precious Xbox is the worst at understanding that though and thats why they're on their way out, and why you're now larping as a PC gamer 😂 And you're still not able to name a single PCVR exclusive 😂🤣
It was nothing to do with Valve being smart or dumb. There's not a lot of motivation to port this game over, PCVR continues to grow and it functions for all headsets therein under Steam VR.

Sony due to their own shortsightedness designed what seems like a great product and sent it out to die with poor software support. It's the modern day equivalent of the Vita, and it's their own fault.

What is your deal with this Xbox crap?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'll just see if there are any Quest 2 exclusives I should play before moving on to the PSVR2.
This guy played Alyx and checked out 😂😂😂😂 thank you for proving my point. PCVR library is a joke compared to PSVR2

It was nothing to do with valve being smart or dumb. There's not a lot of motivation to port this game over, PCVR continues to grow and it functions for all headsets therein under Steam VR.

Sony due to their own shortsightedness designed what seems like a great product and sent it out to die with poor software support. It's the modern day equivalent of the Vita, and it's their own fault.

What is your deal with this Xbox crap?
I just proved to you that PSVR2 library eclipsed PCVR's library in less than a year, and you're still pushing this false narrative that there's no support? I'm not surprised, Xbox fanboys love to spread that lie, well you guys just love to lie in general.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
This guy played Alyx and checked out 😂😂😂😂 thank you for proving my point. PCVR library is a joke compared to PSVR2

I just proved to you that PSVR2 library eclipsed PCVR's library in less than a year, and you're still pushing this false narrative that there's no support? I'm not surprised, Xbox fanboys love to spread that lie, well you guys just love to lie in general.
You don't even know what the word eclipsed means and you expect me to take you seriously, pfft.