PSVR2: “Sony's latest firmware update enables better PC compatibility & access” |UP|Sony has enabled nVidia support for PSVR2!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PC gamers will enjoy PSVR2. I think they'll be pleasantly surprised by the features. Those damned controllers are like heroin, one go and it's all you want for life. My crack Xbox controllers and coke playstation controllers don't fix the itch.
OH these controllers are super comfy and precise definitely feel better than my quest 2. Playing with these feels like damn like natural. Never bothered me and I did a full play through of Resi 4, play watabout golf, and other games. Saints and Sinners etc

• Shake
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
OH these controllers are super comfy and precise definitely feel better than my quest 2. Playing with these feels like damn like natural. Never bothered me and I did a full play through of Resi 4, play watabout golf, and other games. Saints and Sinners etc
Dual-revolvers in After the Fall made me feel like Yosemite Sam. So good.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Any announcement for PC VR streaming to the console for console PSVR2 owners? Or a hint towards a future statement on that at least.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Any announcement for PC VR streaming to the console for console PSVR2 owners? Or a hint towards a future statement on that at least.
As I understand it, now instead of streaming from the console to PSVR2 they'd also allow to stream from PC to PSVR2 directly. Not via the console.

With the new firmware, maybe devs already can use it to make their first experiments and ports of PCVR for other headsets and PS5 PSVR2 to PC PSVR2. Which means in maybe half a year or so they could have the first games announced and maybe even released.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As I understand it, now instead of streaming from the console to PSVR2 they'd also allow to stream from PC to PSVR2 directly. Not via the console.

With the new firmware, maybe devs already can use it to make their first experiments and ports of PCVR for other headsets and PS5 PSVR2 to PC PSVR2. Which means in maybe half a year or so they could have the first games announced and maybe even released.
"perhaps they are targetting direct connections in some scenarios"

And..

"it looks like the PC support will be directly plugged in and not streamed"

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
You can't name a single good must play PCVR exclusive besides Alyx, because there literally aren't any 🤣🤣🤣
Beat Sabre with PC mods for custom tracks and 3rd party POV and custom character models. But that was years and years ago now?

Any of TWD games (breifly touched Saints & Sinners on PSVR1, myself) step their game up for PSVR2?

24 Jun 2022
nice, looks like I'll buy this on a fire sale now

you think you want this, and then you would try it and experience the horrible latency and then you would not want it

It's an option; why are people adverse to customers having options with the peripherals they paid hundreds of dollars for?

I get reminded of people downplaying lack of any VR solution for Xbox consoles back a few years ago, justifying it with things like "the market is too small" and stuff. Okay, but at the end of the day, what is wrong with providing people in that ecosystem the mere option?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's an option; why are people adverse to customers having options with the peripherals they paid hundreds of dollars for?

I get reminded of people downplaying lack of any VR solution for Xbox consoles back a few years ago, justifying it with things like "the market is too small" and stuff. Okay, but at the end of the day, what is wrong with providing people in that ecosystem the mere option?
I think it's the same than when people complains about seeing their favorite first party porting games to other platforms.

It can be seen as something positive, that helps them enlarge the market of the product, allowing it to reach new players and to give more options for the consumer to enjoy it in more places. Plus also helping them to make more revenue and help to make it more profitable (or to lose less money with it), that would help it live longer and get more games. And also helping to the global profitability reducing risk of layoffs, game cancellations and studio closures.

But these people prefer to see it as something negative just because of tribalism and being afraid of seeing the company moving away from their favorite platform. They want the games and devices only for themselves, for their platform. Even if it means that in the long term that could kill this game/studio/platfom.

The more people enjoy it and the more money they make, the better for everyone.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024

VR headset motion is uniquely sensitive to any kind of latency, more so than any other way to experience video games.

Implementing a remote play streaming solution to play games running from a remote device over a local area network, even one that is wired, would induce enough latency to make this a very bad way to experience VR.

This isn't about tribalism (lol), this is about such a solution not being practical.
Oculus Quest streaming works just fine over wireless.
All you need to do is google Meta Quest 3 Air Link latency to see a lot of posts to the contrary.

Additionally, this is streaming directly from a PC to a headset. For the hypothetical feature @thicc_girls_are_teh_best is campaigning in favor of, a stream would need to go from a PC, then to a PS5, and then to a headset. That just means even more latency. The Meta Quest was built with this functionality being one of its focal points. PSVR2 was not.

Last edited: