PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Since this thread is my personal audio on ps5 blog, let me update:
Pulse 3d with wicked cushions - Fine. Works just fine, everything ok.. sound is kinda muddy compared to headsets below. not as detailed. my keeper.
Pulse Elite - amazing sound and especially detail. Not the best or most bass. Distorts at high bass volumes. Returned due to seal and hearing my own heartbeat.
Audeze Maxwell - amazing sound on whole range. Incredible bass extension. Rumble in low end. Not as much detail as elites. Kinda more closed sounding. Returned. Same issue as elite with clamping force, seal and hearing my own heartbeat. distracting.

Ordered Turtle beach atlas air. Said to be the first and maybe only OPEN BACK wireless headset. People compare sound to sennheiser hd560s. Very curious.
I will let you guys know if it turns out to be turtle bitch :geek:

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
You may give Logitech G Pro X 2 a run. It has two cushions in the box and one of them might be a remedy for your hearing heartbeat problem.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You may give Logitech G Pro X 2 a run. It has two cushions in the box and one of them might be a remedy for your hearing heartbeat problem.
Bet your ass I will if turtle beach I turtle bitch :p should be here today

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Update: turtle beach returned.
I am apologising my pulse 3d. Good headset.

and I am apologising pulse elite and buying it again. I miss its clarity and details… and I’ve noticed there are ton of aftermarket ear pads to try out now.
Edit: the elites are here and it’s like coming home. Sure I hear some closed in pressure noises but I will just make peace with it.
The sound is so fucking god damn good, I was missing it. And no, Maxwell ain’t better for games either.
Elites sound very detailed, very lossless due to link dongle, are much lighter and finally parry sounds amazing in demons souls back again. Pulse 3d was fine but elites adds that punch. Even in standard mode.
So yeah. Let’s end the stupid journey for now, keep the elites and enjoy. And I can switch between pc and ps5 between two dongles and use Bluetooth. At the same time. And mic is great.

You can read my journey in last 17 pages but to keep it short. Elites are the best damn 150$ wireless headset and even better than Maxwell due to lower weight, better dongle and surprisingly good audio quality. See you until next time :p
edit: Returning elites. Right earcup is a bit quieter than left one and strangely enough, right earcup hinge is also stiuffer.... stickier feeling than left one. Back to pulse 3d lol

Last edited: