PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

PlayStation®5 accessories

PULSE Elite™​

wireless headset​

Enter a new era in gaming audio with lifelike sound and lightning-fast connectivity.

Pre-order now

A NEW ERA IN GAMING AUDIO AWAITS​

Enjoy extraordinary lifelike sound in your favorite games with planar magnetic drivers, and hear every detail with a lossless and lightning-fast PlayStation Link™ wireless connection.

How Games Were Made to Sound™​

Enjoy lifelike gaming audio in a comfortable headset design equipped with a retractable microphone and built-in long-life battery.

"Drag to spin, hover to zoom"

Long battery life with quick charging​

Stay in play with up to 30 hours of battery life and get back into the action with up to 2 hours of battery life from a 10-minute charge.

Retractable microphone​

Position the integrated flexible boom mic to best capture your voice and fully retract it when not in use.

Intuitive controls​

Keep your head in the game with easy-access volume and mic mute buttons.

Next-generation gaming audio​

Enjoy extraordinary lifelike sound in your favorite games.

Planar magnetic drivers​

These studio-inspired drivers reproduce sound with near perfect accuracy along the entire audible spectrum, so you can hear games exactly how the developers intended.
Immerse yourself in soundscapes packed full of rich, subtle details while deep bass lets you feel each epic in-game encounter.
Enhance your perception in 3D Audio supported PS5® games as audio cues are positioned with an incredible degree of accuracy across all three dimensions.

PlayStation Link technology​

Never miss a beat as new ultra-low latency and lossless PlayStation Link wireless technology delivers sound at lightning-fast speed without losing a single audible detail in the process.
Easily connect and switch between PlayStation Link compatible devices, including your PS5 console, PC, Mac® and PlayStation Portal™ remote player.

AI-enhanced noise rejection​

Be heard loud and clear with microphone noise-rejection technology.
Powered by artificial intelligence, this new technology has been trained to identify, isolate and remove unwanted noises when capturing your voice.

Multi-device connectivity​

Go where adventure takes you with the ability to wirelessly connect to a range of devices.

Bluetooth®​

Go mobile by directly connecting your headset to a mobile phone or tablet device.

Dual device connectivity​

Listen to audio from a PlayStation Link and Bluetooth device simultaneously to stay in play as you answer calls or enjoy music from a mobile device.

Always be ready for great play​

Charge up your headset’s long life battery while it's on display.

Charging hanger​

The included companion charging hanger can be attached to desks, tabletops or mounted to the wall*, so the headset can be displayed alongside your gaming setup and will be good to go whenever you’re ready for your next game.
*Additional mounting hardware (such as screws) not included.

PlayStation Link™ USB adapter​

The PULSE Elite wireless headset comes complete with a PlayStation Link USB adapter for use with PS5 consoles, PC and Mac.
For added convenience, you can also purchase additional adapters which make it easier to enjoy a lightning-fast, lossless audio connection on more of your devices.
Pre-order now

PULSE Explore™ wireless earbuds​

Enter a new era in gaming audio at home and on the go with the PULSE Explore wireless earbuds.

Enjoy extraordinary lifelike sound and lightning-fast connectivity in a portable earbud design that features hidden microphones and comes with a charging case.
Find out more

Pre-orders now live
Pre-order your PULSE Elite wireless headset direct from PlayStation and enjoy free shipping as soon as it launches on February 21st 2024.
Pre-order now

Previews and impressions:

Reviews:

PlayStation Pulse Elite Wireless PS5 Headset Review (9/10) - IGN​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Is there an easily perceptible difference in audio or do you need to be an audiophile?
Good question, hopefully the audiophiles chime in because I try many diff Sony PS headphones and aren't a big difference to me. With tht said the explores were the best purchase I've made and the sound is great!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is there an easily perceptible difference in audio or do you need to be an audiophile?
So I had a chance to test the earbuds for a bit before I sent mine back (a piece came loose inside and was rattling around so i RMAd it even though the audio was still working fine). Have the headset on preorder.

I don't think my ears are particularly good (and also a lot of audiophile bullshit is just people engaging in circlejerking).

The things I noticed about the earbuds' audio quality:
-yes, there is a clear difference in audio clarity. It's like every different instrument or noise is separated and if you focus on it you can kind of isolate the sound and it just feels like you get the full frequency range of that specific sound source, whereas normal cheap headphones sounds can kind of blend together a bit. I do think more expensive dynamic driver audiophile headphones can also put out similarly clear audio but the sound is very... sharp and well defined if I had to describe it.
-EQ wise it is balanced heavily towards treble out of tbe box, bass felt fine but not incredibly heavy. Maybe this contributed towards the sound feeling clean. When I had them there was no EQ function but I remember seeing a news bit a couple weeks ago that they put out an update allowing you to EQ them.

Reactions: Thirty7ven

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I still don't understand why they need a seperately lineup for this.

Just put a different connectivity band on WF and WH and call it a day.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alot of reviews have dropped. I have updated the OP. Seems to be solid headphones

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I just pre ordered these can't wait. I been wanting a headset that I can use on PS5 and PC at the same time.

Reactions: Gamernyc78