Rate the State of Play (31st January 2024)

How do you rate the State of play?

• A

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • B

Votes: 34 45.3%
  • C

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
OMG that was great State of Play. Easily A score. All dem Japanese games in the beginning, Stellar Blade ass all over my face, then followed by couple lame indie western games lol, it pick up again with DD2 and Rise of the Ronin new trailer, then finally be followed with those crazy-ass DS2 trailer, and finally closed with dat bombshell announcement not-MGS Playstation - Kojima Production exclusive partnership, and ended with the twist, drone shot showing the announcement filmed in Sony Pictures - Columbia Studio lot. Lastly, before I'm yelling at them asking why no FFVII Rebirth, turned out it will receive it's own SOP next week. Absolutely Based.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
A for me

Helldivers 2
FF7 Rebirth
Rise of Ronin
Stellar Blade
Concord
May Showcase
Sony & Kojipro are making a Espionage game
Death Stranding 2 Trailer
PS5 Pro reveal

And Xbox is going 3rd party
Screenshot-20240201-095551-Chrome.jpg

Playstation-Fans are eating good in 2024. Look forward to bathing in the tears of Xbox-Fans. When everybody plays, we all win
el-risitas-laughing.gif

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Ah I see. Should usually work, might have to pay a small fee for the SMS maybe, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you have any previous billing mails from store purchases, you could try to contact customer support and see if they can help you.

Nevertheless, once you can, you should change 2FA to use an authenticator app instead of SMS. I switched to it once I found out it was possible. Never have to rely on them sending the SMS now.
i don't get it either. just turn On Roaming and you should get everything.
plus, my App always updated and logged on. can't remember when i had to log in into it..

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’d revise my rating to a C. Depends if I compare it to other similar smaller events or not. But… personally … kinda still sucked outside of Death Stranding and the Kojima reveal.

Silent Hill 2, Short Message, and Stellar Blade all look cheap and boring. Metro VR was a bathroom break (lol on rails Vr trash) and the rest of the stuff is whatever. Judas showed me nothing to get excited about other than just sharing the same look as bioshock.

Kojima saved it no doubt about it but that trailer went like 15 mins too long for a game not coming out for another year almost. I’ll pick up sonic generations due to nostalgia on heavy discount since it’s the last good modern sonic game not a rom hack. But that don’t count… played that many years ago.

Helldivers is out like in a week so it’s all good. Dragons Dogma was also the strongest looking gameplay there but we’ve seen plenty and it’s out soon. They covered FF7 part 2 more than enough too so whatever about the next one.

Ronin’a combat looks fantastic but it looks like a Tsushima sequel. Not interested in another open world game anytime soon so unfortunately that’s now off the radar. Looks like a fine game I just won’t take the gamble at launch. It’s open word… I’ll get bored in 10 hours and won’t want to touch it again.

Gamers winning. Listwars losers still bitchin.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Il
Ah I see. Should usually work, might have to pay a small fee for the SMS maybe, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you have any previous billing mails from store purchases, you could try to contact customer support and see if they can help you.

Nevertheless, once you can, you should change 2FA to use an authenticator app instead of SMS. I switched to it once I found out it was possible. Never have to rely on them sending the SMS now.
Thanks. Good idea. l try to contact them and add a bolt on Or something.

I remember trying everything last time and it didnt work. Thats why everyone gets a japanese sim card when here I believe.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ronin’a combat looks fantastic but it looks like a Tsushima sequel. Not interested in another open world game anytime soon so unfortunately that’s now off the radar. Looks like a fine game I just won’t take the gamble at launch. It’s open word… I’ll get bored in 10 hours and won’t want to touch it again.

It only looks like Tsushima because its set in Japan lol. Otherwise there not the same apart from being open world and set in Japan.

It actually has more RPG and NPC interactions.
A bit like Persona when it comes to building relationships via decisions to make, gift giving, completing there side missions etc so you can gain skills, styles of combat, moves and items etc. Theres consequences to your choices,, optional characters to add to your roster and so on.

GOT is more like Horizon set in Japan.
This is a bit different.
But if its not your type of games, then its not your type of game which is fine lol.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The new tactical espionage game announced by Kojima makes this an A+ for me, not to mention the opening was Stellar Blade. Just want to mention Hurman Hulst should be commended for convincing Kojima to do the espionage game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Negatives were pc announcement of Until Dawn and no first party stuff...
Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Until Dawn, Death Stranding 2 and Physint were there and are first party.

I assume in late May/early June they'll show gameplay reveals of Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Concord (plus release date), Fairgame$, Marathon, Wolverine plus new trailer / release date of Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside may announce at least one or two things of the following ones:

Cory's new IP, Matter, Team Asobi's next game, something from Firesprite (Twisted Metal?), Horizon Online, London Studio's new IP, Uncharted "short" spinoff, 2nd party Impulse Gear (Farpoint) PSVR2 game, some China/India Hero Project more to be published by Sony.

The new tactical espionage game announced by Kojima makes this an A+ for me, not to mention the opening was Stellar Blade. Just want to mention Hurman Hulst should be commended for convincing Kojima to do the espionage game.
Notice:
  • Physint has almost all the letters of Syphon Filter
  • They said "action espionage", not "tactical espionage", leading to think will be more action oriented -but still featuring stealth- than MGS (like Syphon Filter).
  • Kojima said that together he and Sony have been with the genre since almost 30 years. Notice that like MGS, Syphon Filter is also 25 years old
  • The Syphon Filter & DG directors said they Bend didn't know what to do with Syphon Filter
  • Syphon Filter is a great fit for a movie or tv show and Sony still hasn't announced anything
  • I don't remember if Hermen or Jim Ryan said they wanted SIE studios to work with each other more frequently
  • The doll of DS2 reminds of GoW. The robot dog of DS2 reminds of Horizon. The huge moon of DS2 reminds of Bloodborne. The desert reminds of Journey. Giant enemy crab of DS2 reminds of Genji: Days of the Blade. Weird black cat of DS2 reminds of Gravity Rush. The Joker reference reminds of Sony's Marvel games. The giant ship, the cooking/frying pan scene and the ninja robot of DS2 reminds of MGS. A more action oriented MGS would remind of Syphon Filter. Sam has a futuristic ring in the thumb, as a marrying ring for the future in a different way (which could be a hint of Kojima "marrying" Sony in the future, not only to make games but also movies)
My theory: Kojima is partnering with Sony, maybe will end selling them the studio once he retires, Sony will own the new IP codenamed Physint, which will connect maybe officially maybe unoficially to both Metal Gear and Syphon Filter and will get codeveloped/have collaborations not only with Guerrilla but also more PS Studios teams which could include Bend, SSM, Team Asobi, Insomniac, Bluepoint and more. That new IP and that mixture of games and movie would be his legacy to be continued by Sony and the younger Kojima Productions staff. Who knows, maybe Sony may even buy the MGS IP or even Konami in the near future.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

But they told me Hermen Hulst hates Japanese games

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully sony are throwing a bunch of money at Miyazaki as well
Sony made a deal with Kadokawa for their games and anime and got a minority share of the company. If it wasn't clear that it wasn't for Spike Chunsoft, on top of that, Sony later bought a minority stake of FromSoft.

Miyazaki had some stuff signed for Elden Ring and Armored Core, but I'm pretty sure he's working on stuff for Sony too. Games and also anime/movies adaptations of the games he made/will make for Sony.

He is ripping people for saying the sop was mid because of no first party
Well, it's a lie because it featured multiple first party games: Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Until Dawn remaster/remake, Death Stranding 2, Physint.