Really hope Sony is in talks to acquire Warner Bros games, its not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Has WB said anything about their gaming division lately? I thought their quarterly results happened last week and i dont remember seeing anything.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Living in your mind rent free. Sad.
That boi triggered. And fragile :eek:

crying-like.gif

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Am I correct in thinking WB currently want to get other people to make their games, but them keep hold of the IP and sub contract the game dev to someone? I could be wrong, that doesn't sound like a winning formula.

But I'm fairly behind in how the latest WBD changeover has shaken out. I mean, what happens to the games studios WB does own?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Seems like WB should have tried to outbid Amazon a while back? Reoccuring a few times, their content archives seem to be split with MGM.

I was going to say, despite WB having many areas and IP's/ content beneficial to Sony across media, animation, games etc, it does seem WBD are going-in big on MK with films/comics/animated films right now. Are WBD intended to stick around, or just a holding company to eventually sell off in pieces?

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
It really is game over if sony lets Microsoft acquire them.
No. People were on 4chan and GAF saying Snoy was going to go the way of Sega with Xbox acquiring Bethesda and ActiBliz. What is it about Warner Bros that makes them the death knell for snoy? Because of hogwarts, lego and mortal lelbat?

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
No. People were on 4chan and GAF saying Snoy was going to go the way of Sega with Xbox acquiring Bethesda and ActiBliz. What is it about Warner Bros that makes them the death knell for snoy? Because of hogwarts, lego and mortal lelbat?
Wouldn't it just be the developers and not the ip anyway? Also taking what is sometimes said on gaf and especially 4chan seriously is not a good idea.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Wouldn't it just be the developers and not the ip anyway? Also taking what is sometimes said on gaf and especially 4chan seriously is not a good idea.
WB could sweeten the deal by leasing the IP for X number of years as part of the studio sale.

Do we even know if the Rocksteady of old is still intact? It's been so long since Knight and the VR game, the place may be a shell of it's former self if the talent exited. No idea.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Since I guess this is the unofficial place to tak about acquisitions, Now that the bungie deal has closed i figured sony would have a few of them lined up and ready to go. Thinking about if tencent made a move on square would be such a disaster optics wise. Looking like theyre getting boxed out of the east and the west at the same time would not be a good look. I guess what im trying to say is i expected sony to stay aggressive seeing as theres been not 1, but 2 paradigm shifts of platform holder buying out whole publishers. Maybe these deals take awhile and im impatient, but i expected a little more aggression from sony at this point.

Reactions: Muddasar
Status
Not open for further replies.