Redfall | Review Thread

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Holy shit, IGN's Xbox podcast came out today and one of their guys is absolutely savaging the game. "Its a bad game." "Just awful." "Its just... its just really bad...."

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Shill Tassi made a video and it's the worst game he ever played.

I didn't know that Xbox shill also made videos but keep them coming 🤣

Ray Liotta Lol GIF
Is Paul Tassi banned from Era for disparaging the good journalistic name of Xboxera?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What did Paul say to make you guys create this imaginary villain? I never see the bias you guys spew. Was it his take on Vr? So VR is still a go nowhere gimmick. He was right. Dude plays games on his PlayStation.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PS - this game cannot be salvaged. Just saw that topic elsewhere.

It’s fucking impossible. I mean it’s impossible for Halo; you think Redfall has a chance? This is far, far worse of a debut that Fallout 76 and No Mans Sky.

The game just launched and there’s absolutely no one playing it. Those games, even as shit as they were at launch, had exponentially more players than Redfall does. That’s how bad Redfall is doing.

Has little to due with techinical Issues or gameplay adjustments. THERE ARE NO PLAYERS. It doesn’t matter… no players = dead.

And it was dead on arrival… no shit. Game is toast. One of the biggest flips we’ve ever seen. Not quite Halo Infinite flop status but same consequence … a dead studio.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
what's the last game they even rated less than a 6?
They only review games that are either big, have audience engagement or that they, themselves, want to push. So finding truly bad games under that criteria is pretty rare. This is pretty old but I can only imagine Little Town Hero getting, like, a 2 or something. (the horrible non-Pokemon RPG from Gamefreak a few years back.)

edit: Lol, Little Town Hero got a 7.

edit 2: They do still have a few bad games every year, with such maligned games as Babylon's Fall and eFootball (formerly known as PES) getting 4s of their own. Crossfire X managed to get even worse. Also, they gave Elex 2 a 4 but the words of the review have sold me on the game. Gothic 3 with a jet pack? Sign me the fuck up.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
What did Paul say to make you guys create this imaginary villain? I never see the bias you guys spew. Was it his take on Vr? So VR is still a go nowhere gimmick. He was right. Dude plays games on his PlayStation.
Paul Tassi is pretty similar to Jez Corden IMO. He's done a lot of articles and tweets over the years bashing Playstation and hyping up Xbox. He's also Pro-acquisition and is super zealous about it.

Edit: Whoops, don't know where I got Tom Warren from.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If you go back before Bungie acquisition, Paul Tassi made many pro-Xbox articles for months, enough that everyone called him a MS shill. I stopped following him so I don't know if it changed recently.

He did make a video about the CMA last week and it's pretty obvious he's upset and think they are stupid for blocking it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If you go back before Bungie acquisition, Paul Tassi made many pro-Xbox articles for months, enough that everyone called him a MS shill. I stopped following him so I don't know if it changed recently.

He did make a video about the CMA last week and it's pretty obvious he's upset and think they are stupid for blocking it.
Yes yes, it is always stupid.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Poor Ryan Mcaffrey sounds like he's crying. Omg. Poor baby. Of all things he chose to be in life, he chose to be an Xbox Fanboy!! Lol!!

Nintendo fans get to play Tears Of The Kingdom in a week. But now, we get to enjoy Tears Of The Fanboy!

crying mcafrey
Korean Drama Crying GIF by The Swoon

• haha
Reactions: Edmund