Requirement to use internal tools blamed for the state of Halo and Fable's delays

P

peter42O

Playstation was financed by Sony Computer Entertainment, which started out as Sony Music Entertainment, Sony's game publishing division.

It matters because IT IS ILLEGAL.
Jesus Christ, you are dense. Maybe put down the bong for half a second.

Dude, it's not illegal. When it all goes through, maybe then you'll think otherwise.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
360 had 60% failure, and even after they were fixed, it had 50% failure.
if it was any other company, it would have been close down in no time and would have been sued to infinitive.
Once that book by Dean Takahashi came out, they should have been sued for knowingly releasing a defective product. He told the whole story of the rush to shoehorn in the wireless control circuitry and the push to ship even though they had no testing capability for the motherboards.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I never said Sony is supposed to ensure that Microsoft succeeds just like Microsoft isn't supposed to worry about if you can or can't play certain games on PlayStation. It goes both ways. The reason I bring up PC, subscription, etc. is in order to gain more consumers into the platform and eco-system. I don't know why PlayStation gamers are so against this? Don't you want Sony to get bigger?

I never said Microsoft was first with subscriptions. Just that Sony never did anything to grow PS Now.

For me, if the game is day one on a subscription, im going with the subscription because im not a collector and rarely replay games so why would I spend more money?

What exactly is my problem? I want them to focus on games but me bitching about it isn't going to make them get released any sooner.

Sony makes a lot of money because PS+ is required for online multi-player and isn't the same as Game Pass base which doesn't include multi-player. If Sony were to eliminate the online paywall, that shit would drop dramatically and instantly.

People on BOTH sides twist shit to fit their narrative. Acting as if PlayStation fans don't do that is hilarious.
Saying Sony's entire business model revolves around selling consumers $70 games, while admitting Sony makes a lot of money from Playstation Plus - and then building theoretical scenarios about how it might fail - is borderline retarded 😄

With all due respect you're not some teenager who's just started following the gaming industry.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Saying Sony's entire business model revolves around selling consumers $70 games, while admitting Sony makes a lot of money from Playstation Plus - and then building theoretical scenarios about how it might fail - is borderline retarded 😄

With all due respect you're not some teenager who's just started following the gaming industry.
No, I think by this point, we have come to the only possible conclusion.

He's an astroturfer. He repeats EVERY SINGLE talking point that MS has approved.

Reactions: Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
No, I think by this point, we have come to the only possible conclusion.

He's an astroturfer. He repeats EVERY SINGLE talking point that MS has approved.
It's ironic given that Spencer has recently said that he doesn't expect GamePass to exceed more than about 15% of Xbox revenue (but apparently he's a liar so we can just ignore that), and that Xbox has recently followed Sony's lead and announced $70 games 😁😁😁

• brain
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's ironic given that Spencer has recently said that he doesn't expect GamePass to exceed more than about 15% of Xbox revenue (but apparently he's a liar so we can just ignore that), and that Xbox has recently followed Sony's lead and announced $70 games 😁😁😁
It's ALMOST as if economics are global, and decades of rising costs have necessitated passing more costs on to the end consumer...

Honestly, I think the $70 game price bombshell is a sign that MS may be nearing the end of willingness to keep pouring money into the big green sinkhole. Next up is GPU being the only subscription they offer, and EVERYTHING will be walled up behind it.

P

peter42O

I never said PS+ would fail. Just lose subscribers which they would.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
It's ALMOST as if economics are global, and decades of rising costs have necessitated passing more costs on to the end consumer...

Honestly, I think the $70 game price bombshell is a sign that MS may be nearing the end of willingness to keep pouring money into the big green sinkhole. Next up is GPU being the only subscription they offer, and EVERYTHING will be walled up behind it.
And yet on the previous pages you were moaning about Sony games not being worth $70, and about them raising the price of the PS5.

Walled garden is absolutely Microsoft's future, and when they raise their prices sharply it will be a wake up call for all the GamePass acolytes.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
And yet on the previous pages you were moaning about Sony games not being worth $70, and about them raising the price of the PS5.

Walled garden is absolutely Microsoft's future, and when they raise their prices sharply it will be a wake up call for all the GamePass acolytes.
I think you quoted the wrong post on that one, man.

• haha

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I think you quoted the wrong post on that one, man.
Haha yeah must have misread 😄

But yeah the GamePass price rise will be a wake-up call. The $70 price point for Redfall and Starfield was brushed aside by many of their fans because of GamePass.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Haha yeah must have misread 😄

But yeah the GamePass price rise will be a wake-up call. The $70 price point for Redfall and Starfield was brushed aside by many of their fans because of GamePass.
Yup. Much like the delusion that the doubling of Gold's price to try to force everyone to GPU wasn't a trial balloon for an increase and eventual elimination of lower tiers.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yup. Much like the delusion that the doubling of Gold's price to try to force everyone to GPU wasn't a trial balloon for an increase and eventual elimination of lower tiers.
It's their only way of getting close to their target because currently I don't think they're close to where they want to be.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To reroute this discussion back on topic instead of going around in circles about gamepass/MS acquisitions... I wonder who made the decision to push the xbox studios to use their proprietary engines rather than use something more universal. Are they trying to prop up their engines to license out? Are they simply trying to avoid a relatively minor royalty schedule for using unreal? Is it simply related to a corporate credo of wanting to own everything they touch?

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Proprietary, if you can afford it and do it well trumps outsourcing to Epic's Unreal - jack of all trades master of none. This is why Sony does this with many of its flagship studios but it requires a strong, dedicated, well funded team just for this effort alone inside the studio. Management is key. The idea is not flawed, how it's acted upon and executed is where the problems come and arise. Having full control is bliss.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's their only way of getting close to their target because currently I don't think they're close to where they want to be.
Well, Phil and Satya Nadella both lost millions in bonuses for blowing the goal for the year, so it’s safe to say the uptake is NOT what MS wants and Xbox NEEDS it to be. With Nadella basically having declared subscription is MS’ business model going forward, missing that goal means XBox is on borrowed time.

Phil only got this generation approved by selling it as a Trojan horse for making gaming into a subscription field for MS based on the penetration of Gold. He’s completely fucked if the Acti deal falls through.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Customers of PlayStation isn't Microsoft's concern. Does Sony care about the customers of Xbox? No they don't so why exactly should Microsoft be the only hardware manufacturer to care about their competition.
As Phil would say, we just want games to be available to as many gamers as possible! This is our mission at Xbox.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
To reroute this discussion back on topic instead of going around in circles about gamepass/MS acquisitions... I wonder who made the decision to push the xbox studios to use their proprietary engines rather than use something more universal. Are they trying to prop up their engines to license out? Are they simply trying to avoid a relatively minor royalty schedule for using unreal? Is it simply related to a corporate credo of wanting to own everything they touch?
Probably an edict from above Phil in the case of Fable, and in 343's case, they are basically a cargo cult that was given the Halo toolchain but have no real comprehension of it.

Using outside engines means the engine owners get a cut of revenue, and MS is not about to lose even more money on Xbox stuff than they already do. Also, MS LOVES their proprietary tech!

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster