Requirement to use internal tools blamed for the state of Halo and Fable's delays

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Then please explain what the truth is because Sony doesn't want to see Microsoft or Game Pass succeed because it threatens their own business model from becoming obsolete and instead of adapting and evolving, Sony chooses to stay the way they are.
I'm not sure what you mean, Sony is not there to ensure MS succeeds, neither are we supposed to care too much about the details of how each company sells us their goods.

That being said, if I have the choice between a subscription and a purchase, even digital, I will take the purchase. This is not like Sony did not have PSNow for years before MS had gamepass, or that similar services have not existed since the early 2000s. Nobody at MS HQ invented anything, but they understands that PR and Marketing are very important so instead of focussing on games (which you seem to have a problem with) they focus on sideshows to distract people from what should be important in gaming.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The answer is so obvious yet you don't answer it. Sony's business model is literally a walled garden. Buy a PS5 and buy their games at $70 a pop. That's literally what it is. PC versions are months/years behind. They put no money or effort into their subscription service and do they even have any cloud infrastructure yet despite the fact that they were first with the option but yet did nothing with it.

I mention Game Pass because if it succeeds, it literally blows up Sony's entire business model which is why they're so determined to kill it off.
It’s funny how PCMR and Xbox fanboys seem to think PSN sales don’t exist, yet I don’t buy physical and somehow have only paid full price for 2 games all generation.
You're literally ignoring the massive amount of money Sony makes from its subscription service. Effort? They make more money than MS does from it's subscription service while putting less money into it 😄

It's amazing how people will twist things as they see fit to suit whatever narrative they're spinning loool.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You're literally ignoring the massive amount of money Sony makes from its subscription service. Effort? They make more money than MS does from it's subscription service while putting less money into it 😄

It's amazing how people will twist things as they see fit to suit whatever narrative they're spinning loool.
By innovation he meant social media campaign from Xbox.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Anyone else get a laugh out of the Xbox fanboys who constantly claim GamePass is profitable, yet are always looking for ways to game the system and get it for $1 a year and assume everyone else does the same?

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Anyone else get a laugh out of the Xbox fanboys who constantly claim GamePass is profitable, yet are always looking for ways to game the system and get it for $1 a year and assume everyone else does the same?
LOL. They always want to have everything both ways. Just like gloating about the "warchest" in one sentence and calling MS an "underdog" in the next.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I am eagerly awaiting the next big Xbox innovation: the Xbox Series X Plush Fridge!

Assuming it isn’t delayed because the tools aren’t ready yet!

• brain
Reactions: Gamernyc78
P

peter42O

Can’t you buy a PS5 to play GOWR? I see no issue here at all.
If I wanted to play MS games I should buy a Xbox… same goes for PlayStation games.

Why PlayStation games have to be playable on PC, Mobile, Steaming, etc? It makes no sense.

I always say that if PlayStation gamers want to play Microsoft's first party games or Bethesda or ABK, then they should buy an Xbox and if Xbox gamers want to play GOWR, Spider Man 2, FFVIIR, etc., then they should buy a PlayStation.

The reason why they should be playable on PC, mobile, etc., is so they can get more consumers who have no interest in buying a console into their platform and eco-system which is far more valuable than just the console.

I don't get the rush to play games on day 1.

I play nearly every game that I want to play day one because I don't want to wait to play it, don't want to take any chances of potentially being spoiled story wise and if it's a physical purchase, get more trade in value as im not a collector. For digital purchases, I will still buy the game day one so I already have it setup and ready to be played but it is secondary to physical purchases due to me trading them in once completed where as with digital, they're obviously not going anywhere.

P

peter42O

I'm not sure what you mean, Sony is not there to ensure MS succeeds, neither are we supposed to care too much about the details of how each company sells us their goods.

That being said, if I have the choice between a subscription and a purchase, even digital, I will take the purchase. This is not like Sony did not have PSNow for years before MS had gamepass, or that similar services have not existed since the early 2000s. Nobody at MS HQ invented anything, but they understands that PR and Marketing are very important so instead of focussing on games (which you seem to have a problem with) they focus on sideshows to distract people from what should be important in gaming.

I never said Sony is supposed to ensure that Microsoft succeeds just like Microsoft isn't supposed to worry about if you can or can't play certain games on PlayStation. It goes both ways. The reason I bring up PC, subscription, etc. is in order to gain more consumers into the platform and eco-system. I don't know why PlayStation gamers are so against this? Don't you want Sony to get bigger?

I never said Microsoft was first with subscriptions. Just that Sony never did anything to grow PS Now.

For me, if the game is day one on a subscription, im going with the subscription because im not a collector and rarely replay games so why would I spend more money?

What exactly is my problem? I want them to focus on games but me bitching about it isn't going to make them get released any sooner.

Sony makes a lot of money because PS+ is required for online multi-player and isn't the same as Game Pass base which doesn't include multi-player. If Sony were to eliminate the online paywall, that shit would drop dramatically and instantly.

People on BOTH sides twist shit to fit their narrative. Acting as if PlayStation fans don't do that is hilarious.

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sony makes a lot of money because PS+ is required for online multi-player and isn't the same as Game Pass base which doesn't include multi-player. If Sony were to eliminate the online paywall, that shit would drop dramatically and instantly.
So, when did MS do away with Xbox Live Gold then?

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
GamePass Ultimate is just GamePass bundled with Live Gold. Last I checked, without any discount either. The total amount of Live Gold subscribers exceeds that of gamepass subscribers by far. If Microsoft were to eliminate Gold for online multiplayer, what do you think would happen?

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
GamePass Ultimate is just GamePass bundled with Live Gold. Last I checked, without any discount either. The total amount of Live Gold subscribers exceeds that of gamepass subscribers by far. If Microsoft were to eliminate Gold for online multiplayer, what do you think would happen?
Let's also not forget that PS Plus was around before online play required it, and the games offered in that subscription were far better than what MS could get for Games with Gold when they started that initiative, LONG after Sony started PS Plus to boot.

MS made gamers pay for online for a long time before Sony did, and they gave NOTHING of value while charging for it.

@peter42O, tell us how the December Games With Gold stack up to PS Plus Essentials' freebies this month.

P

peter42O

Oh but they do. That's why they are buying out large third party publishers - to make sure we can never play those franchises on playstation again.

To be blunt, that's not Microsoft's problem. That's a Sony problem.

So, when did MS do away with Xbox Live Gold then?

They didn't, at least not yet. PS+ isn't the same as Game Pass. Unless you're counting Extra or Premium?

I know Ultimate is Game Pass/Gold combined. Gold subscribers exceeds Game Pass subscribers? You have any proof of that because I would love to see it. If Microsoft were to eliminate Gold, I don't see it
making that much of a difference because those who have Gold are most likely in with Ultimate. They might drop down to the base tier but they would still stay subscribed. Personally, I believe that there's more Game Pass Ultimate subscribers than Gold only subscribers.

tell us how the December Games With Gold stack up to PS Plus Essentials' freebies this month.

Games with Gold fucking sucks, is total and complete trash and in all honesty, Gold shouldn't even exist. Makes no sense to have cross-buy/cross-save options between Xbox and PC yet only Xbox gamers have to pay for online multi-player. I believe that Gold gets eliminated before the generation ends and the sooner the better.

PlayStation Plus monthly games have always been better than Gold and if Gold was ever better, it was most likely during the Xbox 360 days.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
DonJuan sold his founder shares? Shieeeeet... :ROFLMAO:

Not that they were much but still.

Hold up there buddy. Seems he just didn't get it....trying to hang in a ring outside his weight class leads to all sort of troubles obviously - time after time. Seeing through him fully is too easy. If you're a lightweight, you're lightweight bud - first step for a good bout is to grasp that.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Satoru and Hezekiah

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I believe that Gold gets eliminated before the generation ends and the sooner the better.
ROFLMFAO

Based on what, exactly?

Did you forget about MS announcing they were DOUBLING the price for Gold, until the sheep screamed loud enough?

You have an inordinate amount of faith in a company that has proven time and again that they are not to be trusted or taken at their word. Gold is the only thing that stops Xbox from being a massive gaping wound in MS' financials.