Requirement to use internal tools blamed for the state of Halo and Fable's delays

P

peter42O

It's Microsoft being dicks to costumers of other platforms. Meanwhile, you gain NOTHING from this.

Customers of PlayStation isn't Microsoft's concern. Does Sony care about the customers of Xbox? No they don't so why exactly should Microsoft be the only hardware manufacturer to care about their competition.

I gain a lot actually. I'll gain more exclusives for my primary gaming console and I get them day one in Game Pass and no longer have to buy AB games. So how exactly do I gain nothing? PlayStation gamers don't gain anything but they're not supposed to.

ROFLMFAO

Based on what, exactly?

Did you forget about MS announcing they were DOUBLING the price for Gold, until the sheep screamed loud enough?

You have an inordinate amount of faith in a company that has proven time and again that they are not to be trusted or taken at their word. Gold is the only thing that stops Xbox from being a massive gaping wound in MS' financials.

They doubled the price of Gold to get those people to subscribe to Ultimate instead. They never actually believed that people would pay double for Gold.

I simply believe that once Game Pass reaches a certain amount of subscribers (my guess is 50m), they will eliminate Gold because they won't need it anymore. Besides, Games with Gold is a waste anyway so what's the point or purpose of it existing when you have Game Pass Ultimate. It makes no sense to keep it.

P

peter42O

Microsoft going out of their way using their monopoly to fund buyouts just to punish customers of playstation says otherwise.

They're not punishing PlayStation customers, they're giving more incentives to gain Xbox customers which is exactly what you're supposed to do when it comes to business and competition.

Sure. And when they do that, GamePass will be required for online multiplayer.

They could have done this already and haven't. Come on. Getting rid of Gold but requiring Ultimate? No way. But time will tell. :)

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Customers of PlayStation isn't Microsoft's concern. Does Sony care about the customers of Xbox? No they don't so why exactly should Microsoft be the only hardware manufacturer to care about their competition.

I gain a lot actually. I'll gain more exclusives for my primary gaming console and I get them day one in Game Pass and no longer have to buy AB games. So how exactly do I gain nothing? PlayStation gamers don't gain anything but they're not supposed to.

They doubled the price of Gold to get those people to subscribe to Ultimate instead. They never actually believed that people would pay double for Gold.

I simply believe that once Game Pass reaches a certain amount of subscribers (my guess is 50m), they will eliminate Gold because they won't need it anymore. Besides, Games with Gold is a waste anyway so what's the point or purpose of it existing when you have Game Pass Ultimate. It makes no sense to keep it.
It has been 5 years, and they are maybe at HALF of the 50 Million you think will suddenly turn a bloodsucking monopoly into Santa.

The only way Gold disappears is the day MS decides to force all the chumps in their ecosystem into GamePass Unlimited, because anyone who has paid attention to how MS does things, and is honest with themselves about it, knows, MS only ever makes things MORE expensive, not less.

Saying you believe MS will do something that basically constitutes corporate generosity to their marks is about on a par with telling us you believe in the Easter Bunny.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
They're not punishing PlayStation customers, they're giving more incentives to gain Xbox customers which is exactly what you're supposed
In the same way that putting a gun to someone's head gives them incentive to borrow you their money for an indetermined time. Sure. :ROFLMAO:

• fire
Reactions: KiryuRealty
P

peter42O

It has been 5 years, and they are maybe at HALF of the 50 Million you think will suddenly turn a bloodsucking monopoly into Santa.

The only way Gold disappears is the day MS decides to force all the chumps in their ecosystem into GamePass Unlimited, because anyone who has paid attention to how MS does things, and is honest with themselves about it, knows, MS only ever makes things MORE expensive, not less.

Saying you believe MS will do something that basically constitutes corporate generosity to their marks is about on a par with telling us you believe in the Easter Bunny.

HEY!!! The Easter Bunny left me a ton candy and chocolate!! Come on. Don't be hating!!! lol

Joking aside, we'll see what happens.

In the same way that putting a gun to someone's head gives them incentive to borrow you their money for an indetermined time. Sure. :ROFLMAO:

Haha. Okay, I laughed at this. lol

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They're not punishing PlayStation customers, they're giving more incentives to gain Xbox customers which is exactly what you're supposed to do when it comes to business and competition.
Engaging in illegal, anticompetitive practices like propping up a money-hemorrhaging division using the profits from the lines of business they actually make money from is NOT what you're supposed to do, and Xbox shills like you should be embarrassed to try to convince the world that it's A-OK, because the law in almost every country on Earth says otherwise.

Don't insult us all by continuing with that bullshit, we all know better.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You still do business with a company that treats you this way. That is fucking sad. You post endless defences of a company that sees you as a dumb sucker, which proves them right.

How the fuck can anyone with any self-respect defend that shit, unless they are being paid to do so?

P

peter42O

Engaging in illegal, anticompetitive practices like propping up a money-hemorrhaging division using the profits from the lines of business they actually make money from is NOT what you're supposed to do, and Xbox shills like you should be embarrassed to try to convince the world that it's A-OK, because the law in almost every country on Earth says otherwise.

Don't insult us all by continuing with that bullshit, we all know better.

There's literally nothing illegal about Microsoft acquiring ABK. I can't believe there's people that actually believe this. SMH.

So Microsoft can't use their company money to make Xbox bigger and better? How do you think Sony started with PlayStation? It was from the money the company had from everything else it was doing.

You still do business with a company that treats you this way. That is fucking sad. You post endless defences of a company that sees you as a dumb sucker, which proves them right.

How the fuck can anyone with any self-respect defend that shit, unless they are being paid to do so?

Sony raised the prices of their console despite making a profit beforehand. Raised the games to $70 and sorry, they're not worth fucking $70. So don't act like Sony is any different when in reality, they're not. Both companies are exactly the same. People only believe that their favorite isn't.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
So Microsoft can't use their company money to make Xbox bigger and better? How do you think Sony started with PlayStation? It was from the money the company had from everything else it was doing.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (formerly known as Computer Entertainment) is a subsidiary of Sony - they need to keep their balance independently of the parent company, and investors are informed whenever there are losses.

They don't do business the same way at all.

• brain

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
There's literally nothing illegal about Microsoft acquiring ABK. I can't believe there's people that actually believe this. SMH.
Ok, one last time, read this extra-slow so you can follow.

Microsoft is the world's biggest software publisher. Activision is the biggest software publisher that exclusively publishes games. Combining those companies is going to create a monopoly. That is why the merger is being challenged by the FTC. Xbox is not all MS does, and if it were, they'd have gone under before the 360 was released.

Also, Take2 and UBI announced price increases for their games for this generation MONTHS before the systems were even released, and your lord and saviour Microsoft is going to be charging the same $70 once they finally pull their thumbs out and release games built for this 2-year old generation.

Seriously, you insult us all by continuing to post your drivel.

P

peter42O

Sony Interactive Entertainment (formerly known as Computer Entertainment) is a subsidiary of Sony - they need to keep their balance independently of the parent company, and investors are informed whenever there are losses.

They don't do business the same way at all.

They did when they launched the original PlayStation. Where do you think they got the money from?

Also, why does it matter? Microsoft using their money as a company to make Xbox better is exactly what they should be doing.

Ok, one last time, read this extra-slow so you can follow.

Microsoft is the world's biggest software publisher. Activision is the biggest software publisher that exclusively publishes games. Combining those companies is going to create a monopoly. That is why the merger is being challenged by the FTC. Xbox is not all MS does, and if it were, they'd have gone under before the 360 was released.

That's not a monopoly dude. LMAO. FTC is challenging the deal because government here in the U.S. don't have a clue. FTC is 0-6 is their last six lawsuits. Soon to be 0-8 before they even get to Microsoft. It's all political. Nothing more and nothing less. FTC didn't even go to Federal Court because they know they would get laughed out the room.

A monopoly would only exist if Microsoft acquires Sony or completely kills them off. Neither of which are happening.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
No other company would have gotten away with the RROD, that's for sure.
No other company has cultivated such control of the press through gifts, favours and jobs, either.

Must be a wild coincidence that the games press was parroting MS' lies about failure rates rather than calling them out for building shit hardware.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
That 70S Show What GIF
will you marry me ring GIF
Grim Reaper Death GIF

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No other company would have gotten away with the RROD, that's for sure.
360 had 60% failure, and even after they were fixed, it had 50% failure.
if it was any other company, it would have been close down in no time and would have been sued to infinitive.

• they're_right_you_know

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They did when they launched the original PlayStation. Where do you think they got the money from?

Also, why does it matter? Microsoft using their money as a company to make Xbox better is exactly what they should be doing.
Playstation was financed by Sony Computer Entertainment, which started out as Sony Music Entertainment, Sony's game publishing division. Not a single yen came from outside of the division.

It matters because IT IS ILLEGAL.
Jesus Christ, you are dense. Maybe put down the bong for half a second.

Last edited: