Resident Evil 4 Remake | Xbox Series S/X - PS5 - PC | Graphics Comparison | Chainsaw Demo

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The reality is hitting hard…
Basically all devs are becoming lazy lol

I saw that coming in 2020 when the architectures were presented 🤷‍♂️it was very clear which platform had less bottlenecks and more room for the future.

Games come in late 2020 and people started to find weird excuses like TOOLS.

After 2 years nothing changed and the differences are becoming even more clear.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Screenshot_20230312-104538_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: Airbus

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I think it has some drops on both consoles, no? Btw I’m not a Xbox fan

Yeah, both present drops with PS5 being more stable than Series X in each mode.

They look mostly equal in performance with RT off.
VRR would work fine for either. Looking forward to the final product.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Are the drops in resolution mode severe? If not, no reason to sacrifice resolution for fps, specially on a VRR screen.
The frame rate rops in resolution mode, a bit more on the xbox systems, but it still drops on the PS5, sometimes for long periods of times.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Whelp, i have direct feed captures from my own devices with the exact same settings on both and the SX has a little bit of a visual advantage. Not sure how elemopee videos have a different result but I guess some people don't trust him for that reason. The difference is there in both resolution and frame rate mode.

Again, these are direct feed PNGs as captured by both consoles screenshot functionality.

residentevil4chainsawaoi0t.png

residentevil4chainsaw5zc64.png

jchjkafsrido.gif

-

In addition to the above, VRR doesn't seem to engage properly on the PS5 demo. Resolution mode especially chugs a lot. Xbox version runs how VRR should.

In performance mode both feel extremely smooth regardless.

On your PS5?

Hoping DF has a video out at or before launch day. The deadzone issue is very notable and if that's better in the launch day patch, the Xbox version is a no brainer of the two for me as it stands. Otherwise, the game just flat out controls better on PS5 based on the demo.

Reactions: Mr Moose

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Whelp, i have direct feed captures from my own devices with the exact same settings on both and the SX has a little bit of a visual advantage. Not sure how elemopee videos have a different result but I guess some people don't trust him for that reason. The difference is there in both resolution and frame rate mode.

Again, these are direct feed PNGs as captured by both consoles screenshot functionality.

residentevil4chainsawaoi0t.png

residentevil4chainsaw5zc64.png

jchjkafsrido.gif

-

In addition to the above, VRR doesn't seem to engage properly on the PS5 demo. Resolution mode especially chugs a lot. Xbox version runs how VRR should.

In performance mode both feel extremely smooth regardless.

Hoping DF has a video out at or before launch day. The deadzone issue is very notable and if that's better in the launch day patch, the Xbox version is a no brainer of the two for me as it stands. Otherwise, the game just flat out controls better on PS5 based on the demo.
wow the texture quality difference is striking. I also see significant checkerboarding artifacts on the ps version. I bet the ps5 is running an upscaled ps4 version.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Yea, PS5 is clearly lower resolution. I almost wonder if there's some type of VRS tech going on behind the scenes which due to differing implementations is resulting in PS5 looking lower res/blurrier?

PS5
Screenshot-2023-03-11-234032.png

Series X
Screenshot-2023-03-11-233955.png

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yea, PS5 is clearly lower resolution. I almost wonder if there's some type of VRS tech going on behind the scenes which due to differing implementations is resulting in PS5 looking lower res/blurrier?

PS5
Screenshot-2023-03-11-234032.png

Series X
Screenshot-2023-03-11-233955.png
It's not VRS, it's checkerboarding. Zoom in on Leon's hair, you can see the artifacts like crazy. It's probably 1080p->4k checkerboarding which is why it looks so shitty on the ps5.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
It's not VRS, it's checkerboarding. Zoom in on Leon's hair, you can see the artifacts like crazy. It's probably 1080p->4k checkerboarding which is why it looks so shitty on the ps5.

Is that why the framerates a lot more stable?