Returnal: Very small release on Steam, with peak players below 6,000

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Here's hoping that if the valid arguments on why releasing Sony 1st party games on PC dilutes the brand doesn't sway Jim Ryan, then the 4th flop in a row will convince them to stop that strategy. But something tells me the last of us part 1 will do reasonably well and give them an excuse to keep diluting the brand. Now if by some miracle that flops as well, then Jim might actually rethink his strategy.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Here's hoping that if the valid arguments on why releasing Sony 1st party games on PC dilutes the brand doesn't sway Jim Ryan, then the 4th flop in a row will convince them to stop that strategy. But something tells me the last of us part 1 will do reasonably well and give them an excuse to keep diluting the brand. Now if by some miracle that flops as well, then Jim might actually rethink his strategy.
It will make him buy a Hitachi Magic Wand to relieve stress.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Not adding Denuvo is the big issue. Sony needs to realise this. Most PC gamers at pirates at heart (here in Latin America piracy is rampant). They will donwnload a pirated game the minute is already cracked, mostly if it's single-player only (which all PlayStation games are thus far).

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Destruction All stars is going to be the only ps5 game not ported to pc just watch.
Lmao, a PC release and going free to play (is it yet?) would be the only thing to save that game. They also should've just made it a twisted metal game and added a story mode if they wanted to sell more than 10 copies. I usually try to cape for every Sony exclusive but whoever green lit that should be ashamed, its just way too barebones. Saying that as somebody who bought and played the game on release.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jimmy boy trashing his office about now

200.gif

Same hair, just Jimbos is blonde!

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
I still wonder what pc ports might be in the works. Maybe GOT and DS. For DS its going to be interesting to see how well that runs on pc.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
4th pc flop in a row. How many more do they need till they realise Single player games should stick to Playstation only? Another 10 ?
What makes it baffling is that they haven't ported stuff like Dreams. Dreams would sell gangbusters on PC at like $20-$30

Reactions: Bryank75

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I still wonder what pc ports might be in the works. Maybe GOT and DS. For DS its going to be interesting to see how well that runs on pc.
I'm running a blank but what's DS? Cuz death stranding is already on PC. And going by the Nvidia leak if HFW and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart get a PC release still after these recent flops, Jim Ryan deserves nothing but bad things.

All this Returnal PC release did was make a previous must have niche PS5 game look like bargain bin pirated trash to the games media and outsiders. That's not how you should treat your IP's and only Nintendo seems to have the brains to understand that.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm running a blank but what's DS? Cuz death stranding is already on PC. And going by the Nvidia leak if HFW and Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart get a PC release still after these recent flops, Jim Ryan deserves nothing but bad things.

All this Returnal PC release did was make a previous must have niche PS5 game look like bargain bin pirated trash to the games media and outsiders. That's not how you should treat your IP's and only Nintendo seems to have the brains to understand that.

Must be Demons Souls.

Reactions: nongkris

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
yeah, if they’re not gonna add denuvo they should just give up

They got too excited by those horizon sales on pc
Yeah I'm not sure why Horizon did so well on PC where all the other Sony ports besides Spiderman flopped. Maybe just the initial novelty of a Sony open world game being made on PC for the first time?

In any case Jim Ryan is a bad executive for making PC the first stop for the playstation multi-platform strategy. Mobile is a much larger multi billion dollar market, is much more accessible to casuals, is bigger in Japan which is where their first party is dying, and has less piracy. Nintendo understands this which is why they had a mobile strategy going for a bit, but never PC. Every move he's made I can see the business sense behind, but this PC strategy is making less business and brand marketing sense as more releases flop.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if PC owners bought Horizon and Spiderman as a way to demonstrate the power of their rigs. Either using the games as a benchmark, or using it to show powerful the PC still is vs Console.
Doesn't help that Jim Ryan also decided it was a good business move to create PC exclusive features and QoL improvements for their 1st party games while not porting them over to console. So a lot of times PC players have a better and often cheaper version of PS5 exclusives. So stupid.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Doesn't help that Jim Ryan also decided it was a good business move to create PC exclusive features and QoL improvements for their 1st party games while not porting them over to console. So a lot of times PC players have a better and often cheaper version of PS5 exclusives. So stupid.

They're all in the resetera thread complaining about the price and making excuses for the low sales.

D

Deleted member 417

PS5 games on PC was never about buying PS5 games to play on PC.

The entitled, cheap fucks just want to play world-class games for nothing. It's why they loved Steam (when games were cheap) why they generally bat for Gamepass and Microsoft - even though they destroyed PC gaming, and why want Sony to start a gamepass' program.

These people pretend they like gaming and love the industry, when in reality they just want a cheap way of consuming as much product as possible. It just happens that gaming gives them both a virtue signalling platform and a way to be entitled fucks while ruining an industry, all in one.