Returnal: Very small release on Steam, with peak players below 6,000

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
PS5 games on PC was never about buying PS5 games to play on PC.

The entitled, cheap fucks just want to play world-class games for nothing. It's why they loved Steam (when games were cheap) why they generally bat for Gamepass and Microsoft - even though they destroyed PC gaming, and why want Sony to start a gamepass' program.

These people pretend they like gaming and love the industry, when in reality they just want a cheap way of consuming as much product as possible. It just happens that gaming gives them both a virtue signalling platform and a way to be entitled fucks while ruining an industry, all in one.
Look into any release news thread on GAF and you’ll see PCHR stalwarts asking which key-stealing site has the game cheapest. Some, especially notorious assholes like Rodrigolfp and ACESHIGH, who’d be banned for their constant platform warring if the rules applied equally to all platforms over there and their general asshole behaviour, even brag that they don’t care where the keys come from as long as they’re cheap enough.

And then some of them will tell you consoles are immoral. LOL

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
PS5 games on PC was never about buying PS5 games to play on PC.

The entitled, cheap fucks just want to play world-class games for nothing. It's why they loved Steam (when games were cheap) why they generally bat for Gamepass and Microsoft - even though they destroyed PC gaming, and why want Sony to start a gamepass' program.

These people pretend they like gaming and love the industry, when in reality they just want a cheap way of consuming as much product as possible. It just happens that gaming gives them both a virtue signalling platform and a way to be entitled fucks while ruining an industry, all in one.
How are PC Gamers cheap? Usually PC gamers gotta spend quite a good grip on the GPUs and CPUs to even play at the fidelity of the PS5 or Series X.

Wait, don't you also like Xbox? Oh no, that was a lie you told us earlier. Just another joyless, angry and envious Sony Pony zealot.

PC Gaming is best it's ever been. I been able to play a lot of good games with my friends now thanks to Game Pass, and they barely had to spend a dime. I mean I know money and finances is not your best suit. But smart people are usually good about saving money unlike others.

The funny part is Game Pass is irrelevant to me, cause I get free stuff all time ahead of schedule, but it's a saving grace for my friends and I am glad it exists. Stay jealous and angry please, it's amusing.

Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: Sircaw and arvfab

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
How are PC Gamers cheap? Usually PC gamers gotta spend quite a good grip on the GPUs and CPUs to even play at the fidelity of the PS5 or Series X.

Wait, don't you also like Xbox? Oh no, that was a lie you told us earlier. Just another joyless, angry and envious Sony Pony zealot.

PC Gaming is best it's ever been. I been able to play a lot of good games with my friends now thanks to Game Pass, and they barely had to spend a dime. I mean I know money and finances is not your best suit. But smart people are usually good about saving money unlike others.

The funny part is Game Pass is irrelevant to me, cause I get free stuff all time ahead of schedule, but it's a saving grace for my friends and I am glad it exists. Stay jealous and angry please, it's amusing.
Stay seething.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
My one hope is that The Last of Us flops on principle alone so that Jim will have to bring up this failed PC strategy to investors and maybe walk it back. But TLOU brand recognition shot up a lot thanks to the show so it might be the one game to break the curse, though it'll still be pirated to hell and back.

• fire
Reactions: Puff and Bryank75

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
My one hope is that The Last of Us flops on principle alone so that Jim will have to bring up this failed PC strategy to investors and maybe walk it back. But TLOU brand recognition shot up a lot thanks to the show so it might be the one game to break the curse, though it'll still be pirated to hell and back.
TLOU won't flop though, the brand is very popular and the show is giving it a massive boost. You are hoping for your favorite brand to fail so hard because your angry that others get to play good games. Imagine being this entitled. You wanna have your cake and eat it too? You truly are a fake gamer and not worthy of the gaming community. Please go into politics or somewhere else, that seems more fitting line of work for you. Truly pathetic, for wanting a company to fail in sales of a good game because of a zealot mentality.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’ll most likely surpass HiFi Rush’s peak concurrent this weekend.

What then?

:ROFLMAO:

(These games are 10 hours long… concurrent is nice to gauge launch hype but in the case of single player games you should much rather prefer actual sales data). Not fake steam estimates and fake data from achievement trackers of 1,000 users. )

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
TLOU won't flop though, the brand is very popular and the show is giving it a massive boost. You are hoping for your favorite brand to fail so hard because your angry that others get to play good games. Imagine being this entitled. You wanna have your cake and eat it too? You truly are a fake gamer and not worthy of the gaming community. Please go into politics or somewhere else, that seems more fitting line of work for you. Truly pathetic, for wanting a company to fail in sales of a good game because of a zealot mentality.

TLOU will definitely be a major hit on Torrent sites.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It’ll most likely surpass HiFi Rush’s peak concurrent this weekend.

What then?

:ROFLMAO:
Exactly! They were celebrating Toilet Rush "huge successful launch" and now they are mocking Returnal with the same numbers 🤡

Returnal is a late port given away on a sub service since last year, the other was Day 1.

Personally I agree that they are both flops but the double standard on gaming communities is obvious.

Reactions: nongkris
D

Deleted member 417

Massive misocnception. Very few gamers have cutting edge rigs.

I did like xbox and when they are at the top of their game they are/were the best in the biz. But hey, keep assuming.
Lol, no. PC gaming isn't the best it has been. It has become a port begging community with little to zero to differentiate itself from console. If you want proof, look at how many PC gamers want gamepass, xbox and ps5 games for as cheap as possible.

Assume I have no money? Aren't you the guy who said the Psvr2 is too expensive?
When did I say gamepass was a bad thing? Stay seething that the only thing you have in your life is begging for free shit so you can attempt to lord it over people online. I could easily go further with ripping you to shreds, but out of respect for Bryank and this forum, I won't.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You are hoping for your favorite brand to fail so hard because your angry that others get to play good games. Imagine being this entitled. You wanna have your cake and eat it too?
i'm hoping for a brand to fail on a platform that it has no business releasing on, yes. Why wouldn't I? If people wanted to play The last of us remake they should have to buy a PS5. Now they're going to be able to get it for free on pirate sites come March and then gloat about it having a low peak player count while they are all playing trash tier 2d games like Vampire Survivor. Playstation didn't become the number 1 console by being multi platform. Nintendo knows to never put their first party on PC platforms, Jim Ryan either needs to take the hint or risk losing the exclusive prestige that Playstation 1st party built for themselves.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

With all due respect... pc gaming is not the best it's ever been, nowhere close. In fact I would argue that it's currently in the process of squeezing what little life it had out so the vampires at intel, amd, and nvidia can do well in the stock market for a few quarters.

Why does PC gaming get the least AAA exclusive content it's ever seen? Where are the half-lifes, the starcrafts, the franchises that are the bedrock of pc gaming? They've all turned into console ports. Do you really think pc gaming is in a good place when the vast majority of gamers on pc are still on their 1070s, 1080tis and 2060s waiting for a reasonably priced upgrade? The mythical "PCMR" dudes who buy -80/-90 class cards every generation are 5% at best of the pc community. The rest are looking for a $200-400 graphics card.

It's true that PC gaming got a little bump from the end of the xbo/ps4 generation because xbox fans gave up on that ecosystem, and because the hardware on those consoles was so bad (relatively speaking). But imo the PC space has gotten its priorities horribly wrong. The culture willing to demand great performance from the hardware, and spend exorbitantly for it. But when it comes to demanding great performance from the software, almost no one is willing to pay for it. And that's what drove most AAA developers to console.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
With all due respect... pc gaming is not the best it's ever been, nowhere close. In fact I would argue that it's currently in the process of squeezing what little life it had out so the vampires at intel, amd, and nvidia can do well in the stock market for a few quarters.

Why does PC gaming get the least AAA exclusive content it's ever seen? Where are the half-lifes, the starcrafts, the franchises that are the bedrock of pc gaming? They've all turned into console ports. Do you really think pc gaming is in a good place when the vast majority of gamers on pc are still on their 1070s, 1080tis and 2060s waiting for a reasonably priced upgrade? The mythical "PCMR" dudes who buy -80/-90 class cards every generation are 5% at best of the pc community. The rest are looking for a $200-400 graphics card.

It's true that PC gaming got a little bump from the end of the xbo/ps4 generation because xbox fans gave up on that ecosystem, and because the hardware on those consoles was so bad (relatively speaking). But imo the PC space has gotten its priorities horribly wrong. The culture willing to demand great performance from the hardware, and spend exorbitantly for it. But when it comes to demanding great performance from the software, almost no one is willing to pay for it. And that's what drove most AAA developers to console.

Precisely.

PC gaming was at its peak in the late 90s to early 2000s when it was getting exclusive titles which only came to consoles later. Simply because they weren’t powerful enough at PC release.

It’s been going downhill since consoles are just competent, more money to be made for developers and the biggest reason being piracy.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Massive misocnception. Very few gamers have cutting edge rigs.

I did like xbox and when they are at the top of their game they are/were the best in the biz. But hey, keep assuming.

Lol, no. PC gaming isn't the best it has been. It has become a port begging community with little to zero to differentiate itself from console. If you want proof, look at how many PC gamers want gamepass, xbox and ps5 games for as cheap as possible.

Assume I have no money? Aren't you the guy who said the Psvr2 is too expensive?

When did I say gamepass was a bad thing? Stay seething that the only thing you have in your life is begging for free shit so you can attempt to lord it over people online. I could easily go further with ripping you to shreds, but out of respect for Bryank and this forum, I won't.
Most of this post is great, but I do take exception to your claim that XBox was ever the best at anything.

Their marketing worked on you, but they were never the best at anything.

D

Deleted member 417

Most of this post is great, but I do take exception to your claim that XBox was ever the best at anything.

Their marketing worked on you, but they were never the best at anything.
It's OK, we can disagree on this respectfully.

Whether or not Microsoft entered the market to destroy it, disrupt it or control it, when it comes to the OG xbox and early years of the Xbox 360, if they had stayed in that mindset I would have happily allowed them their every wish.

They continued an idea of supporting the artwork of gaming through greenlighting and financing what were experimental concepts. This started with Nintendon and Sega in the 80s and early 90s, continued with Sony and Sega in the mid, late 90s and finally passed on to Microsoft.

Their games on the xbox, IMO, were more exciting and fresher than anything in the industry since the launch of the Dreamcast. The Ps2 was a good console, but it was safe. The risks Sega took sunk them, but they brought some amazing games while drowning.

The only tragedy is that Microsoft abandoned this risky strategy - one that brought them great market share and even profit!, for a soulless corporate approach. I dislike, with a strong passion, the Microsoft from 2010 onwards, but hold Microsoft from 2001 to 2010, with great admiration

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's OK, we can disagree on this respectfully.

Whether or not Microsoft entered the market to destroy it, disrupt it or control it, when it comes to the OG xbox and early years of the Xbox 360, if they had stayed in that mindset I would have happily allowed them their every wish.

They continued an idea of supporting the artwork of gaming through greenlighting and financing what were experimental concepts. This started with Nintendon and Sega in the 80s and early 90s, continued with Sony and Sega in the mid, late 90s and finally passed on to Microsoft.

Their games on the xbox, IMO, were more exciting and fresher than anything in the industry since the launch of the Dreamcast. The Ps2 was a good console, but it was safe. The risks Sega took sunk them, but they brought some amazing games while drowning.

The only tragedy is that Microsoft abandoned this risky strategy - one that brought them great market share and even profit!, for a soulless corporate approach. I dislike, with a strong passion, the Microsoft from 2010 onwards, but hold Microsoft from 2001 to 2010, with great admiration
The PS2 took more risks than any of the four consoles it buried.

To say differently means you didn’t know about anything past the big sellers in its library. PS2 had the most experimental lineup by far, and a ton of bizarre Japanese stuff that you’d never imagine being brought over for localized releases.

There’s nothing on the Xbox like Mister Mosquito, Mad Maestro, Gitaroo Man, Chulip, and many, many more.

All Microsoft did was bring PC developers in and get Sega to release a handful of disappointments.

D

Deleted member 417

The PS2 took more risks than any of the four consoles it buried.

To say differently means you didn’t know about anything past the big sellers in its library. PS2 had the most experimental lineup by far, and a ton of bizarre Japanese stuff that you’d never imagine being brought over for localized releases.

There’s nothing on the Xbox like Mister Mosquito, Mad Maestro, Gitaroo Man, Chulip, and many, many more.

All Microsoft did was bring PC developers in and get Sega to release a handful of disappointments.
It's down to personal taste and a little bit of the old playground Sega vs Nintendo battles.

I wasn't a fan of the Ps2, call it irrational, youthful ignorance. I loved the ps1, wasn't a fan of the ps2, laughed and mocked the ps3 (until Uncharted dropped).

It is what it is. Some prefer Apples, some prefer oranges. I like the games Microsoft brought with the Xbox over what Sony did the PS2. Whether that view was correct or not in hindsight doesn't matter. loved the xbox and hated kinect, xbone and series consoles. Microsoft today are not who they were (at least on the face) in 2001 to 2010.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It's down to personal taste and a little bit of the old playground Sega vs Nintendo battles.

I wasn't a fan of the Ps2, call it irrational, youthful ignorance. I loved the ps1, wasn't a fan of the ps2, laughed and mocked the ps3 (until Uncharted dropped).

It is what it is. Some prefer Apples, some prefer oranges. I like the games Microsoft brought with the Xbox over what Sony did the PS2. Whether that view was correct or not in hindsight doesn't matter. loved the xbox and hated kinect, xbone and series consoles. Microsoft today are not who they were (at least on the face) in 2001 to 2010.
Microsoft never were who they claimed to be in 2001, or any other year.

Reactions: Deleted member 417