Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • 81-90

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Rise of the Ronin Game Director Teases Hard Mode Difficulty, 'Challenging' Post-Game Content​

“The equivalence of hard difficulty that's in the game is that it provides an experience that's similar to our previous titles in terms of combat difficulty,” Yasuda said.

He continued, saying Twilight will offer “a similar sense of intensity,” but there will also be more to do after the credits roll: “There's also post-game content that is challenging that players can also enjoy.” While Hayashi says the team wanted to create an experience "that could be enjoyed by a wide range of players," it sounds like those looking to test their skills won't be disappointed.

Part of what will keep players on their toes is Rise of the Ronin’s variety. Although this more grounded Team Ninja title won’t feature heavy fantasy elements like we’ve seen in some of the studio's past games, Yasuda teases an array of enemies to encounter.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
played a little bit. i think, many people gonna have a problem with Counterspark, way way too tight. it was the same even less than that and people really didn't like it in Wo Long. they need to dial back respond time. everything else fine for now.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People will say Sony is dropping the ball but in reality they just dropped 4 console exclusives in less than 3 months. meanwhile xbox cannot even fufill 1 game per quarter after 100 Billion in acquisitions
Doesnt matter how bad Xbox is. PS needs to make smart choices for themselves

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Some of the mid reviews like IGN praise the game a bunch for its gameplay and then take off points for having too much stuff or stuff to do...

Like im pretty sure most are optional. Docking points for having a lot of extra content
Its called Playstation exclusive tax. Or when reviewes want to hate on something for no reason.
The game for sure deserves better than the scores its getting

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
played a little bit. i think, many people gonna have a problem with Counterspark, way way too tight. it was the same even less than that and people really didn't like it in Wo Long. they need to dial back respond time. everything else fine for now.
You kind of get use to it as your response time quickens. Also making the game easier I think allows for more time

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
GameFly shipped out my copy today and should have it by the middle of next week but won't be playing it for at least three more weeks. Still need to finish Final fantasy VII Rebirth (95+ hours in and on chapter 11) and then playing Granblue Fantasy Relink before I get to Ronin.

Watching reviews, the only negative for me personally is losing your essence or whatever it's called when you die. Hoping the easy difficulty level allows me to turn this off because I hate this shit. Other than that, will see how it is when I play it in a few weeks.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I'm liking the game and whoever thought this would play like Nioh is an idiot, Rise of the Ronin is open world and Nioh is linear. The graphics are ok in ray tracing mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hmmm thnks.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Think I'll be playing this this weekend over Dogma.
Enjoy.
Honestly theres alot of bs about it.
People spreading that vid where you clear the area and now its safe ( like AC ) Ghost of Tsushima had the same thing. ROR has good combat and more stuff to do then both games. Its just usual PS hate, PC gamers and Xbots going all out as usual.

Elden Ring and Zelda has created some really fussy people when it comes to open world games too

Reactions: Gamernyc78